On line Vacation Center- Cruise / Lack of info concrerning visa requirements

On Line Vacation
1801 Northwest 66th Avenue, Suite 102
Phone: 1-800-780-9002 ext 6437
After asking about whether Visas were required for a Costa Asian Cruise, I was told that it was not. At the first port of call I was refused entry aboard the ship because I did not have a Chinese visa. The cost of obtaining the visas plus expenses for additional hotels, food, transfers and air fare to meet the ship at the next available port $3, 500.

N  24th of Dec, 2009 by
A Good travel agency should inform clients of visa requirements but in the end it is the responsibility of the traveling party to verify the documents they need.
All this info is available at the State Dept website.
If you look at any cruiseline website it will say they are not responsible for passengers denied boarding due to lack of documents
N  16th of Jan, 2010 by
The travel agent should have full knowledge about travel documents for each port and advise the clients correctly. If the travel agent is not sure about any entry requirements, that travel agent should research and find the correct answers. Giving wrong answer is unacceptable.
N  16th of Feb, 2010 by
$3, 500 for the interim expenses reported is outrageous.
N  28th of Jun, 2013 by
Online Vacation Center ran a special for Caribbean cruises on Azamara Club Cruises. Since this is our favorite cruise company, we had Online Vacation Center's agent, Alissa, hold a stateroom for us until we could discuss taking an unscheduled cruise. Alissa even sent us a confirmation on Azamara letterhead. The quote for the 12-day West Indies cruise was $1567.53, including taxes and fees. The deposit was not due until today, 28 June 2013. When I called her yesterday to give her my credit card number for the deposit, she informed me that the price she quoted was incorrect even though I had it in writing on an official Azamara confirmation form. The new quote was $1871.53 per person. She told me that if I wanted to cancel the reservation, that was okay since she had customers waiting for a cabin on this cruise. I asked her to honor her original quote and she said that it was a mistake. Alissa's next error was that the original deposit was $1100 but it was really an additional $600. So I had to give her $1700 for the deposit. If we had not already told friends about the cruise, which they also booked, we would have (and still should have) cancelled the whole reservation. I'm sorry our friends wanted to go, because we look foolish letting this company take advantage of us. We'll never use Online Vacation Center ever again. Just remember, "A word to the wise is sufficient." Walter K.