On-line Penny Auction / Stealing money

Bidmac is a company set up like like Beezid. My experience with this site began when I saw a small ad for it on my homepage. I am a single mother...looking for gifts for my kids that I can afford. So I clicked on the hyperlink. The Bidmac page opened up with all kinds of neat things and signs under each that said "BID" or "BID NOW" (I can't remember which.
At the top of the page, it instructed new users that they had to first register and create an account to bid...that it was as easy as 3 steps. So, I clicked on the first arrow and began filling out my personal information. When that was done, there was a submit button that you had to click on to get to the next step. So I submitted the information and it went directly to step 2, which is where it asked for my payment information. At no time did their page show me that I was actually buying bids, or give me an option to choose a package...in other words, I had no idea that by putting in my debit card information, they were going to charge me. I shop on E-Bay frequently, so figured it was set up like that...I think that these fraudsters count on people assuming that their site is like E-Bay (I'll get into that in a minute).
Anyway, I submitted my debit card information to establish my account. As soon as I submitted it, it showed me that it had debited my account $149.99 (Ripping someone off for $150 is a felony), and showed me that I'd purchased some large bid package.
The first thing I did was to try to e-mail them because it was not during their normal business hours. The next day, I tried to phone. Their automated system had no music or voice prompts...it just kept saying, "Our representatives are busy. Someone will be with you shortly." Well, no one picked up. I left my phone on speaker for nearly 2 hours, then another hour later in the day.
That day, I went to my bank and filed a fraud report, then went to the sheriff's department..I was told that the scam was "smart" because of the amount taken being a penny less than a felony conviction. I filed complaints with the BBB in Utah and Delaware (because the company shows it is based from a USPS store in Utah, but is registered to a woman in Delaware). I also e-mailed the company and told them that I had filed the complaints.
The next day, a representative from Bidmacs tried to call me. She left a message to call her back, but never left a number. I called the number I had and, low and behold, there was a completely automated system with music and voice prompts, etc... Now, just so you know, I had the bank and the police department call the number the first day, so then they could verify the differences that had been made by the second day.
The representative told me they were giving me a full refund and that it would post to my account immediately. Well, she had the authority to not take the money out in the first place because it hadn't been processed through my bank. Instead, she allowed it to process, which overdrafted my account. Then, I had to e-mail them 2 more times to get the refund into my account. It took over a week! This was over the Thanksgiving week...you know how hard it is to be a single-parent on a budget. My account was over-drawn for the entire week, so I didn't have money to buy gas (I live 6 miles from town), to buy food for my kids, or anything. It was terrible to have to tell my kids we couldn't have a Thanksgiving day dinner because someone had taken our money. Worse, I couldn't even buy necessities like bread or milk until I got paid again on Friday.
Companies that take money in this way should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! They are ###!

De

Comments

• Ju
      8th of Feb, 2011

This Penny Auction Watch site is Major scam(pennyauctionwatch.com). Also known as "PAW".

PAW is a front for these dishonest penny auction owners to make their sites look legit. Penny Auction Owners plant positive experiences on here(Complaints Board) and on the Penny Auction Watch forums(PAW) to bait people into playing and buying bid packs. Buying bid packs to bid on items? What a joke and scam!

Go to Flippa[dot]com and search "penny auctions for sale"

There you can see how these operates by the use of controlled bots on autobid to scam any real people into buying more and more bid packs until the reserve price has at least been met for that item that's bid on. They aren't in the business to LOSE money and will never ACTUALLY sell an item below value. If not enough real people are bidding on a particular item for a while, they will end the auction to a bot name. They will then list the bots name in the "Auction History" section to make it look as if REAL people actually win and auction is honest+fair.

You can buy your own Penny Auction from Flippa.com and start scamming also. So easy to do.

Also. Google, "penny auction website script" and see how these scams operate. The scripts are cheap to buy.
    To build up traffic to your scam penny auction you must plant positive experiences on forums such as PAW(PAW is a front). You must also dispute ANY negativity or complaints on forums such as this.
    For EX, tell the angry complainer that he must be crazy, use stupid bidding techniques and unlucky because you win all the time and just won a 52inch Plasma for 2 bucks. People WILL start believing you if you plant enough fake postitive experiences/reviews. JUST make sure to use different names each time you fake post. If you use same name over and over again telling everyone you win all the time, people will begin to catch on and realize it's just a fake post planted by the Penny Site operator/owner.

They cheat you and make a killing from people like you that bought into it. Some will even go as far as to advertise on social networking sites such as "FACEBOOK" and write stories of winning items for $4 and so on to get people to join the site.
    I call it their, "Fake Social Environment" where they ask and answer their own questions attempting to be perceived as an honest and fair auction. For EX they will say, "I just won 12 Lap Tops for $40 and they all arrived today in factory sealed boxes! I love this site!"

Anyone can do this... so easy to make money. MAKE sure that the server that hosts your scam auction is located outside of the USA so you can get around federal gambling regulated laws. If heat gets to much, then shut scam auction down and create a new one. Repeat process.

Happy scammin'!!

I tried to post that on PAW(pennyauctionwatch[.]com) to warn good honest people BUT they wouldn't allow it to post.. I wonder why? ;)

So i'll just post away on websites such as this.

You use to could post on PAW right away but now they have a Moderator that must approve your post first.. I wonder why that is? ;)

I think we ALL know why that is :)