Omni Financial / rip off

1 2300 Fifth AveVero Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

Believed I was fraudulently induced and baited into their services to help me take care of some IRS problems. Was quoted $3000 to resolve IRS problems. I told them the extent of my problems. Within 45 days of starting with their services, was told they would need another $3000 claiming the case was more complicated. Reason I think this is a rip off was because I was told that $3000 would be sufficient. Feel duped and baited. Am considering filing a Texas deceptive trade practices act lawsuit vs Omni.

Comments

• Ju
      29th of Apr, 2009

I am a local who interviewed for a job at this place. From what I observed, I believe they are a scam outfit. No name on the building, fast-talking interviewer promising 40k-50k salary and didn't even go over my credentials, boiler rooms full of callers...the whole thing reeked of fraud. I urge you to go ahead and file a lawsuit. This company has been there too long and it needs to be shut down.

• Ve
      14th of May, 2009

I worked for Omni for a year...yes they will take your money and run. As a "para" you are told to bill the client for work that has NOT been done and will never get done. You will get fired if you do not meet your daily billing. Omni is a RIP OFF! Do not send them any money and never work for Mr. Matt Mulligan. Bad, bad place.

• Em
      26th of Sep, 2009

I have worked for this company for some time now. I urge you to run the other way. The general manager LArry Fischer demands that we steal a certian amount of money from you people in order to keep our jobs. When we leave there is someone even more desperate to take our places. The company itself is reputable with teh exception if this general manager. He twists things in order to get his money and he doesnt care who he steals from to get it. It only takes one bad apple to create rotten applesauce this guy is a disgrace to the human race.

• Lo
      12th of Oct, 2009

give me an email to see about a class action suit

• Om
      19th of Oct, 2009

I am an attorney in Texas. I was recently defrauded out of $3000 by a company that promised to fix some tax problems I was having, but instead did very little other than to continue requesting that I send more money. When a few red flags made me suspicious enough to attempt to verify the accuracy of representations that were being made to me by an attorney at Omni, I decided to contact the IRS. In a nutshell, the people at Omni had been feeding me a bunch of hogwash about issues that had supposedly arisen due to my lack of diligence and stating that these unforeseen issues had made my case more difficult than initially expected...oh, and by the way, send more money. As it turns out, I was able to address these nonexistent issues (that Omni told me would cost $2, 000 more dollars to resolve) with an IRS agent and get a repayment plan in place in less than 30 minutes.

I plan to file a deceptive trade practices act (DTPA) lawsuit against Omni Financial before the end of 2009. Shoot me an email at /removed/ if you are among the many individuals that put your trust in Omni Financial at a time when you, your business and/or your family were in a most vulnerable state and in desperate need of assistance (only to be defrauded out of large sums of your hard earned money). If enough individuals are interested in seeking legal recourse against Omni, I will consider coordinating and filing a class action lawsuit, at which time this company would be forced to pay back all individuals everything that is owed them, along with a sum of money to compensate them for the inconvenience, harrassment and frustration they were made to endure at the hands of a company interested only in its bottom line.

• Do
      20th of Oct, 2009

Good for you BMazzola.

• Ta
      28th of May, 2010

I have worked for several of these companies over the past ten years and have the inside scoop on all the major tax resolution companies in Colorado.

For the 411 on these companies: http://taxresolutionincolorado.blogspot.com/2010/05/blowing-whistle-on-colorado-tax.html

If you need any additional information on these companies I'd be more than happy to tell you the truth. My email is tax.truth@yahoo.com

• Ta
      19th of Apr, 2011

Contact the Florida Attorney General's office in West Palm Beach. The number is 561-837-5000 ask for Financial Crimes Division.