Omni Biz Solutions / Contract dispute

1 UT, United States Review updated:

everyone else shpu;d be very sureI was approached by telephone who I asumed was a represetative of OmniBiz. At the time the rep. eplained this companyoffered complete training and individual support until I had a web site up and runningand I had made all the money the course cost. I see some were lickier than me as I paid for their |advanced course" which normally cost $6000 but since I was a Canadian and had to pay exchange I was given a "deal" the $6000 for $5000. I told hm I needed time to consider this since I was a recent widow and though I couls use the money and had actually thought about trying to do something to keep my mind busy and earning money was a bonus. LITTLE DID I KNOW: During my first lesson on the phone with thir computer genius, I had to chose my producct (I had been told affiliate selling would be profitable sooner. I was then directed to chose a name for my site and immediatly register it s I would not lose it to someone else. So that started the Web Hosting Fee of $29.99 (USD) monthly. Net was a call from an accounting firm saying that I had to register as a corporation to satisfy the terms of the IRA since I would need to file income tax. This also was a $30.00 monthly charge to maintain an office as well as another$1500(USD) for reqistration of my corpoation. So all this was paid out right from the beginning.

I was silly enough to think that there was a waiting list and if I did not sign up immediately I would lose my great opportunity so I signed up that night.

My instructor, Jacquie Baer, set up a weekly phone session.with me. I tried to eplain to her, as I had withrecruiter, that the reason I could not work at my full time job anymore because of recurrent cluster migraines and there may be times I would not be able to do the lesson but was assured that was okay - they could work me in around anther day if I was incapaciteted. Afet 4 or 5 lessons I had to call Jacqui aboout my lesson and was told she was no longer working with the company and they would assign me a new instuctor. When he contacted me I was told I had 3 on-phone lessons left as I had completed 4 and did not accept the calls from her when I was sick so those counted against my nmber of lessons. Up until then I had only chosen a site name and Jacqui had basically taught by using "Go to My Computer and demonstrating how things were done - not once asking me to prove that I knew what she had done.

The new instructor did get in touch and said he would start my instruction in three months. At this type something really seemed wrong so I contacted the company to see if they would refund the costs I had incurred and was told I would have to contact the company they used for recruiting but they had a no-refund policy.

During this time my husband passed away, I had to seek help for severe depression, I tore my right rotator cuff and hd unsuccessful surgery so lost almost complete use of y right arm. Een doing this amount of typing has caused sever pain but I have to get help somehow as I had to delare personal bankruptcy as the monthly charges to my credit card and the loss of my husband who had no pension plan or life insurance combined with the constant migraines I could not concentrate on anything and my memory was severly impaired by my medication. Omni suggested I tru to selll the course to someone else - no refunds were ever made.

Fo something that was sold with the promise of making a lot f money and they would be there to assist me every step of the way ecept for my contacting them I have never heard a word from them.

I was definitely misled by this company an they did not live up to their end of the service they wre to reply. I have fallen for money making scams before but they cost pennies compared to the thousands of dollars plus exchange they were peanuts.

If anyone reads this that has had success getting any money back I would love to her how. I have tried online arttorneys but was told I need areal lawyer so if anyone knows someone who could assist me at a reasonable rate, that would be terrific. BUT others beware - check what you are getting for your money,

I REALLY NEED TO RECOVER SOME OF THIS MONEY.PLEASE HELP IF YOUCAN

Comments

• Al
      30th of Nov, 2010

Wow Guys; I have a different opinion. I have been with Achieve Technologies since June. Yes I have worked very hard. And yes I only had a coach for several weeks. But in June I only knew how to get e-mail. I could not understand the lessons much. But I kept going back over them and putting my web site together all at the same time. But you know they have the live webinars almost everyday. I sign up for them. I get a lot of help. But I am not one to just wait if I don't get a reply at first I just keep trying. Yes they are very busy. But I love what they have done for me. All the education and all. I am still in the process of learning but at least I have my web site up, but each day I learn something else and modify my web site. Hey on Friday's at least every other there is a webinar on and you can submit your web site to be evaluated. Guys come one it's a lot of hard work when you don't know what you are doing. And really for the money what more time would you want them to spend. You can hire them for more. I feel we all have to do our part. I am not taking up for them, I also have problems with them. But I don't let them rest until I get satisfaction. I even learned how to build my own header and footer. Might not be perfect, but me and God are proud of it. Go see it, it is called inspiring silk scarfs and gifts.com. I will pray for all to have a successful business.
    Pastor Alice

• Ju
      30th of Nov, 2010

When you are promised phone calls with lessons in the first part of the contract you expect that to happen. Maybe one out of maany is satisfied but when I spend over $5000 for a course I expect THEM to do their part. I did all the research and had paes ready but the INSTRUCTOR left - leaving me high and dry eith no contact from Omni. When I finally dis speak to someone I was told I had to contact the company that does their recruiting. They out source that job so they accept no responsibility for any problems and they will not give you that information. Maybe you can afford to set up a corporation, pay to have that registered and "manned", pay for a website you were told you had to purchase right away and pay monthly for nothing on it because no one has worked with you but to me this is FRAUD@! I lost close to ten thousand dollars as I am Canadian and paid the echange as well, They are crooked and no one can convince me otherwise

• Bj
      5th of Jan, 2011

Dear Mrs. Judy Barron, most likely Alice Blakemore is someone on the payroll of Omnibiz searching the internet and posting positive comments to all complaints- - I would NOT put it past them! I was - like you - scammed for US$ 6000, - and pressured just like you. I had EXACTLY the same experience like you with changing instructors and what they had to tell me was absolutely NO NEWS to me - as I do have some online experience. I was told I should register a company - just like you - and they still carried on about it after I told them - I HAVE a company - no need to establish another before I make a single $ in profits. They also insisted I must use THEIR webhosting - which I refused- as I already have my own reseller hosting account and don't want to pay double. They THEN insisted - in this case - I could not be trained - as I insisted to design the page on DREAMWEAVER - the most sophisticated web-design software of ADOBE. When my "instructor" did not even know this software - I knew I had been taken in by a fraudsters and a scamming company. This was back in 2009 - and I'm still surprised that they are carrying on and on - as the net is FULL of complaints when you google OMNIBIZ SCAM or FRAUD. I also tried to get my money back by calling to managers etc.- and also was told that the "recruiting company" was to blame for false promises. The FUN part is - if you read the conditions of their webhosting company - it says - you CAN NEVER EVER remove the site from their server to another - if you do - it will be lost for ever - meaning - if you spend thousands of hours building your site - using their CHEAP website building tool - which - BTW - my own server company offers for FREE in its package - and you can only build cheap cheesy sites with such a tool - no outstanding sites like you would be able to do with DREAMWEAVER or other - more sophisticated design tools- unless you are a tech genius - which we all are NOT - or we would not buy training!
    You are absolutely RIGHT that all this is FRAUD - and you are welcome to try - but I'm afraid you will not get your money back. Although the training they offer is outdated and the trainers / instructors that get on your calls know less than nothing - it will cost you more in legal fees than what you've already lost. Let's NOT forget that it's Mike Geary who is giving those people their name - and after some more years online now - I also discovered that although he's supposed to be an internet millionaire - all his programs that he offers are scams- promising people instant riches - and of course they are useless. I'm afraid to say that not for nothing the USA is known worldwide for being a country full of thieves and gangsters, fraudsters etc.- the LAW only works for the RICH who can buy their way out. As far as America's big vision goes: bringing democracy to the rest of the world and fighting wars over it - well - all I can say: God beware us of this kind of democracy!
    As for you, Mrs. Barron - I wish you good health and better luck in 2011 - I know what you suffer - as I had a broken shoulder 2 years back + could hardly move for months + had a lot of pain etc. - then I went to Berlin to have it set properly by a specialist - an operation my sister helped me to pay - as I was broke - etc.--and then all went well - today I'm free of pain. THIS is what you should concentrate on - to get into full health again - and do not waste more energy to those scammers - let's pray they all die a painful death and suffer in eternal hell. Unless some ambitious lawyer reads this and takes it up on him to represent ALL or MOST of us victims against a %-age of the result - we stand no chance. And the OMNIBIZ people KNOW VERY WELL - they are walking on thin ice - yet they can carry on ...

• Al
      5th of Jan, 2011

Dear BJ and Judy:
    I do not work for Omnibiz. The only thing I am trying to get across, is that I had to take what was given to me, and go with it. I did not have the finances to do anything else. So I was Stuck. However I will say I did not spend the money you two have spent. I don't really understand why it cost you guys so much. I believe, I spent 2500.00. Which for me was a lot of money. I will agree, that once the 6 week lessons were over, I still did not know how to put my web site together. Mind you I only knew how to do e-mail on the computer, so I did not have all the wonderful knowledge BJ that you have. I wish I did have I probably would have gone another way. But with all that said, I have to say they still answer my questions, and I join their webinars. I have no options. I dis like it when people are taken advantage of. And we all do have a right to complain. I am so sorry you two are without your money. Really I am two. But I keep plugging away. I can use all the advise on marketing I can get. I believe. I have my web site up, but even though I followed their directions on social marketing, I still don't get many hits on my web site. I had to figure out how to put the web site together myself. By continuing looking at the lessons. I would not know if they are beneficial or not. It is all I have. And I have to work with it.
    I am a Pastor, of Faith, Hope, and Love of Jesus Christ Ministries. And I assure you I would not miss lead anyone, In this thing with Omni. I just have no other options. Could use all the advise anyone has. By the way you can see by my web site I am very uneducated in web design, however; I cannot give up, And Like I said, they do answer my questions. Oh I do agree they have people that only know what I know, which is bad for business. But I do not give up and keep pressing into them. I will nag them until everything is alright and productive. I will have to say BJ I did not know I could not move my web site, to another hosting company. Something to think about. my web sit is, inspiring silk scarfs and gifts. com. you look at that and tell me I work for them. I do not. I am Pastor Alice K. Blakemore, and live in Elkhart, Indiana, USA. I am very sorry for you two and I will hold you up in prayer. Blessings and have a prosperous New Year. ALICE

• Cl
      13th of May, 2013

Good day,
    i took out a loan early 2004 or 2005 and I am sure i paid this loan up all of a sudden in 2013 there is a garnishee on my pay slip, can you please confirm if this is legal or not is this loan place allowed to to do.

• Cl
      13th of May, 2013

I took out a loan a loan a few years ago for about R4000 and i have paid it, but all of a sudden I get a garnishee on my payslip for R300 and something a month from the lawyers of this place, do they have a right to do this?

• In
      5th of Jul, 2013

This is for Alice that said this Wow Guys; I have a different opinion. I have been with Achieve Technologies since June.

When did Judy bring up Achieve Technologies? anyone catch that? Judy is talking about omni biz solutions but yet Alice brings up Achieve Technologies, and yes they are scam artist, I recently found out that they sell the clients information to another business I am sure it was the company that called Judy about a corporation