Oman Mobile / SMS scam

1 Oman Review updated:

I have received sms to my number saying that I have won GBP:210, 000 and requested to send some information, and the below is what I have received.

I cannot believe such a big company like nokia allowing people to spoil their name.

Could you please stop these scams!
Could you please take legal action against these people!
************************************

Country: Sultanate of Oman
Verification No. N1284-449
Email: abdsur@gmail.com

Date: 13th March, 2008.

Your filled verification form has been received and your verification process has been completed and your verification number is N1284-449. You have to let us know if you can come down to London UK or not. If you cannot come, then your won prize will be sent to you in cheque via courier delivery under insurance, but you will be responsible for the courier charges which has to be paid before delivery in order to get authorization from the British Gaming Board. You have to let us know quickly the option that is best suitable and affordable to you because we also have three (3) other winners from the Sultanate of Oman. whose cheque will be leaving London by 4pm London time on 15/03/2008. If you opt for courier delivery and you are able to make up your payment before time then your parcel (Cheque) will leave along with the other parcels for Sultanate of Oman.

NOTE:
The courier charge cannot be deducted from your won prize as a result of the following reasons:
1. You are not paying the money to Nokia. It is for the delivery of your parcel by the courier service, Nokia has given out your prize to you and has also paid for the insurance of all winning cheque(s) and cannot pay for the delivery of any parcel.
2. As stated in the Nokia Rules And Regulations, the courier charge cannot be deducted from the won prize because the money is in cheque and is carrying a high security "IGB" bond which makes it impossible for anyone to tamper with the cheque apart from the bearer whose name is inscribed on it.
3. The courier charge is as high as that because of the content of the parcel which makes it a diplomatic parcel, and will require approval from the British Gaming Board before leaving United Kingdom.
On behalf of all staff of nokia i say congratulations once again.

Regards
Dr. Terry Wright
Nokia UK.

Comments

• Ra
      5th of Apr, 2008

I have received an sms claining that I have won 84000 pound from Tel: no. +2348081062554. The email goes on and say to contact a number in the UK +447045754455 or email nokiapromos@yahoo.co.uk. A big company like nokia would never use an email from yahoo (free account).

To all, Be warned against such scams and Nokia company please do something about this fraudsters.

• Ab
      12th of Apr, 2008

I have received an sms claining that I have won 84000 pound from Tel: no. +2347087258847. The email goes on and say to contact a number in the UK +447045754455 or email nokiapromos@yahoo.co.uk... I don't know if this real or not, if its real it would be the first time to win something . please somebody tell what action do i have to do or is it something fake from these people ... I read these comments and i see that these people want to take money from us . please could someone tell me what to do

Thankx
    Al_Darmaki

23rd of Apr, 2008

I have received an sms claining that I have won 84000 pound from Tel: no. +971504477701. The email goes on and say to contact a number in the UK +447045754455 or email nokiapromos@yahoo.co.uk. please could someone tell me what to do

• Pr
      30th of Apr, 2008

I received sms on wed 30 -04-2008 .that I have won 84000 pound from tel no:+447045754455.the email goe son +2347087258847.And email:nokiapromos@yahoo.co.uk.please could someone tell me what I have to do?

• Na
      12th of May, 2008

I have received an sms on 12-5-08 claining that I have won 84000 pound from Tel: no. +971503281272. and say to contact a number in the UK +447045754455 or email nokiapromos@yahoo.co.uk... I don't know if this real or not, if its real it would be the first time to win something . please somebody tell what action do i have to do please could someone tell me what to do

• Ay

• Da
      27th of May, 2008

Hi,

Dear Nokia Personel

On 27/may i received a sms from nokia that informed me: i won 1000000.00 euro please if this is true tell me what should i do to receive this money.

Sincerely

Dariush Ouso

+98 912 393 6636

• Ha
      4th of Aug, 2008

I have recieved an sms on 26.6.2008 claiming that Ihave won 154000 sterling pounds and say to contact a no. +447045754455 in the uk or email nokiapromos@yahoo.co.uk if its real please tell me what to do to recieve this money Ihope to contact me on +249912361596

• La
      17th of Oct, 2008

I received a text similar but with the email address claim@nokiauk.net with the phone number +447045727506. I phoned up and actually spoke to someone who hardly spoke english which made me first realise that this was a scam.

• Yo
      10th of Nov, 2008
    Oman Mobile - Wear & tear of my luggage
    Oman

Hello,

My Name is Yogesh gupta,

My flight no was IC 885 boarding from Delhi to Oman, Muscat. I came here on 31st Oct 2008. I am working in oman & a frequent traveller.

When i was reached in Musact International airport My Suitcase was damaged...One wheel was broken & in front of luggage the leather was teared. Suitcase is made of the VIp company with size of 35 inch.

See if such kind of quality is given by indian airlines then no body will avail ur services, moreover no body from indian airlines over the oman who will listen & see the status of my luggage.

Usually i travel in emirates & never seen such kind of problems.

I need my new suitcase as it is now no use of me, i bought it from india in RS 5000/-

I am having the bording pass, if required then update me.

Pls give the new suitcase against this damaged one. Now i m in oman.

Pls revert me ASAP,

Regards,

Yogesh Gupta

I

9th of May, 2010

Always take my load automatic deduct to my balance very bad experience kindly remove this website http://mozzok.com/dasp?d also ringtone downloader in my mobile thank you hoping you good action taking about this matter.
    My phone number is 92186229