Olympic Moving & Storage, Inc. Skokie, IL / Major $ items missing, broken, rude, extorted money

4901 Main StSkokie, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847-679-4338

The showed up for the move and told me I needed to buy $130. for tape and additional "special" moving boxes and shrink wrap. Either I pay them cash or they would have to adjust the contract. Next, they needed an additional $200. IN CASHfor more tape, shrink wrap and more boxes becuase the boxes I had (which were moving boxes I ordered on line) were not adaquate. I packed my Sony Brava TV in the original box, with components and had two X Large Picture boxes, along with 7, 000 lbs of belongings to be moved. 9 days later, my TV is missing along with the 2 picture boxes, and 2 floor lamps, damages to my dining chairs, and table legs, boxes placed upside down marked fragile, my bids and boxes were just tossed and placed in the wrong rooms, etc. I am a 62 yr old women, who is on SS disability and was unable to confront them comfortably or follow them around to see what they were doing. I did watch them load the TV on the truck.
When I called their office, first thing, here's a # to call to file a complaint. No help at all. They extorted money from me and stole my belongings. How do we stop Olympic and put them out of business?

Comments

Jo
  24th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Olympic Moving & Storage Chicago is my favorite company. We had to move out of our apartment with a last minute notice and had to move in a hurry. They came through as they promise. They showed up on time, and moved all of our stuff across town in record time. They took care to wrap everything carefully, whistled while they worked, and managed to move everything in less than three hours. Another company moved the same stuff five months ago, without dealing with a tiny elevator, and took five hours. I have vowed that I would rather burn all of my furniture than move again. But if I do (move, that is) I will definitely hire this company again!!
Ed
  25th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It’s such a relief I found Olympic movers in time for my move. God Olympic is a life saver! I had a last minute move from Michigan to Skokie. I called 2 days before my move, and they luckily were available. I have moved 2 times in the past, and these movers were the best moving company i have ever used. I would recommend Olympic movers to anyone inside or outside of Chicago!
Sa
  29th of Jan, 2010

Olympic Moving & Storage - Missing, Broken, Rude, Worst customer service
Olympic Moving & Storage

DONT USE THIS MOVING COMPANY.I booked through EAGLE VAN LINE and they put my stuff with this stupid company. These people steal items, when you move if you don't pay attention they will not put sticker for the items they want to steal especially new electronic items etc.

Also, lot of items are broken and they will reject most of the items in the claim and remaining they only pay 60 cents / pound as insurance but when you book the service they say they will pay 60 cents/dollar as insurance. So if you move PLEASE TAKE additional insurance.

Also, the customer service sucks. Only one lady to answer & respond. It took almost 5 months for them to process my claim.

Thanks
Sasi
Da
  1st of Feb, 2010
I had a fantastic experience with Olympia Moving and I've used a lot of movers and bad experiences in the last 10 yrs I've been in Chicago. We moved out of a 3 bdrm duplex, 2nd floor. And we had A LOT of stuff. We moved out 1 day, stored our things on the truck for 2 nights, and moved into a 5 bedroom house in Naperville on another day. We also had them stop by our suburban storage facility to pick up even more of our things. Both move days went so smoothly! I only paid for 3 men, but on the first day, they brought 8 men and my move out was done in 2 hrs! Then during move in, I again paid for 3 men, but they had at least 4 men and we got everything done in just a few hours. My total bill was right in line with the estimate. They give you free wardrobe boxes, which are awesome, and they were very careful with all our things. And they were super fast - I have never seen people move that quickly. I will never use another moving company, Olympia Moving was amazing and all the guys there were so nice and helpful! We had James as the Manager on site and he was wonderful. I definitely recommend them to anyone
Thank you, Olympia Moving !! I will not use another moving company besides you as long as I live in Chicago!
Wi
  8th of Feb, 2010
The process was pleasant from the onset, with the scheduler on the phone describing their rate structure and what to expect on the day of the move with the utmost customer service. On the day of the move five guys showed up exactly on time and worked flawlessly. It was a record heat weekend and never once did I find that they were slacking off or taking it easy. They were meticulously careful with my belongings. (While it's painful to see $100+ in tape and box costs, when I saw how well padded everything was and found it to have arrived without damage, it was worth it.) Terrific work all around.‎
Lm
  12th of Feb, 2010
Very friendly and outgoing...‎

I have used Olympia Moving Company for my move, and it was simply Outstanding! The set-up was great, customer service, but what really made the difference were the movers themselves. All three were hard working, took their job seriously and were very personable; I have moved 2 times in the last 3 years in the Chicago area and this was the first one that was problem-free and the first one where the movers were skilled and immensely knowledgeable. I would highly recommend their service to anyone moving in the Chicago area.. Very friendly and outgoing. Good experience over all.‎