Olive Garden / theft of personal property, I am a customer that goes there 6 days a week for 3 years and I had some things stolen off the table

1 Wayne , New Jersey, NJ, United States Review updated:

We are a customer for approximately 18 years and have been a very steady customer for the last 3 years at the Wayne OliveGarden location going 6 days a week and have got to know the staff and managers very well and we were awarded customer of the year last year . On Friday evening May 25th 2018 we ate dinner and I had some personal property (electrictronal equipment for my television) on the table and me and my dad got up and left, leaving the stuff on the table, when we got in the car we realized that we left the items behind and immediately called up the Olive Garden and spoke with The manager Nigel who we are friendly with as my dad has known him 18 years and he checked with the server Juilo who we also are friends with we thought and Julio said it wasn't there . Nigel then abruptly said it was gone and he blew me offand acted like he didn't care and hung up the phone . I also spoke with Julio on the phone and he said it was gone and hung up the phone rudely . I called back 30 minutes later to see if anyone found anything and I spoke with manager Nigel again and he expressed annoyance that I called and said the stuff is gone and acted as he didn't care. We went back to the restaurant on Saturday and Nigel was there and would not speak to us and we spoke with Julio and he said a lot of things get stolen from here and basically said it was no big deal. We went back to dinner Monday and Tuesday and spoke about it briefly to some of the servers and they are acting as if they know who took the stuff but are not saying much but are aware of the situation. We are extremely disappointed in Nigel and the entire staff at the Wayne Olive Garden as we thought after all this time we had friends there as we tip extremely well to all the servers . We are not coming back as we disappointed and disgusted at what transpired and that nobody cared enough to look into the matter, instead we were rudely blown off . Multiple servers knew we had the stuff there and were non caring that it went missing as we had considered everyone friends

Br
May 30, 2018

Comments

• Wh
      30th of May, 2018

It's obvious that a diner stole your item because you were too stupid and thoughtless to take it with you. This is not the staff's fault. The other staff probably know about the situation because they were warned what a whiny pain in the [censored] you're being over a situation entirely your fault.

Also, please learn proper punctuation use. Your utter lack of skills makes your complaint even more painful to read.

1st of Jun, 2018

@What The Heck 85 I think we should lay off of him. The fact that he has bad punctuation and is too immature to take responsibility for his actions shows that he is only nine years old and does not know better.

4th of Jun, 2018

@What The Heck 85 WOW. Wake up, punctuation class is over, if you think this is about punctuation than you are really missing the point and the education system has failed you . This is more about common decency the lack of proper protocal when an item goes missing and the complete lack of humanity, for you to imply by me forgetting something on the table it’s ok for someone to steal it instead of turning it in is appalling and disgusting on your part . I actually feel sorry for you if you think that way .

4th of Jun, 2018

@What The Heck 85 Clearly the only one stupid is you with your utter lack of decency and ignorance and total lack of humanity . I understand i should not of left it on the table but for you to advocate theft than you are really disgusting and part of the problem

5th of Jun, 2018

@What The Heck 85 Again you are saying that there are no decent people working at the Olive Garden only low class thieves as you dare not leave anything on the table as it will be stolen

• Wh
      6th of Jun, 2018

@Bri ron I did not at all imply that it is okay to steal; but you think that if it makes you feel better. You sound grumpy, it's probably your nap time.

6th of Jun, 2018

@What The Heck 85 I do take responsibility for leaving the item on the table for it to be misplaced especially since I thought common decency would be to turn the items in . I now know that the Olive Garden and it’s management support a disgusting lack of humanity and support the theory that if you leave something on a table it’s there for the taking I don’t think God ever supported stealing but the Olive Garden does, i am sorry I left my stuff there on the table and will now go to a restaurant that has a more decent code of ethics

• Da
      16th of Jun, 2018

@Bri ron Maybe you should work on your grammar, spelling and punctuation before calling people stupid. That is a taught. A child can do better. Maybe you can also work on your own intelligence. It is no one but your fault that the bag was left behind. What more can they do if it was stolen? They did all they could for your mistake. The only stupid one is you and your supporters. That is if you did no create seperate accounts to make it look like people were siding with you. That would be desperate and pathetic.

• 9w
      30th of May, 2018

don't see how you can blame the entire place for someones theft
    they don't have people watching every table every second I would think so they cant possibly keep track of every item or person

1st of Jun, 2018

@9wood It is the OP's job to take care of his stuff not anyone else's.

1st of Jun, 2018

It is not like he does not care. He has other customers . He is not being paid to babysit your property. It is not his job to look after your job, it is your job. The only person you should be disappointed in is yourself for being so careless. Grow up. Take responsibility for your actions instead of getting angry at others. Trust me you won't be missed. You have a very childish attitude. FIrst of all you refuse to take any responsibility for your carelessness. Then you have one bad experience(that is YOUR fault) and you won't be back. Trust me you immature child you won't be missed.

4th of Jun, 2018

@greae Nobody asked anyone to babysit my property and you clearly are the one who needs to grow up abd for your utter lack of understanding of the situation you areca disgrace . You would think if i left something on the table there would be decent people around to turn it in not steal it . Obviously i was wrong for thinking anyone would be decent enough to turn it in and you certainly are not decent by your messed up thought process

5th of Jun, 2018

@afea You are unbelievably ignorant and your lack of understanding is appalling and your lack of humanity is a disgrace to this country and you are exactly part of the problem that if people were kind to each other we would not be having this conversation, have a nice day .

5th of Jun, 2018

@afea Again your lack of class and humanity and saying that people at the olive garden cannnot be trusted as you dont dare leave something on the table or it will be stolen your ignorance is amazing and dangerous

16th of Jun, 2018

@Bri ron The problem, sadly is you.

8th of Jun, 2018

Wow, I can't believe what rude people are on here. It is not your fault for having your stuff stolen. You were in a place of business were your property should be safe to leave while there. And as for the people saying it's your fault, wait until that [censored] happens to them... Don't say I'll never happen, because I've never met a person who hasn't forgotten something before or hasn't had their [censored] stolen once.

16th of Jun, 2018

@Brittney Lucas It is not his fault things were stolen. The issue they have is him expecting them to do more than what they did. Also if anyone is rude it is the OP.

8th of Jun, 2018

Breathe I didn't say that anything could be done about it I just said I feel bad for him and that maybe you should have some empathy other than attacking him because it's happened to all of us at some point

8th of Jun, 2018

@1111222233334444 how about the place of business taking responsibility... i see nothing wrong with the post and see you as being very cruel

8th of Jun, 2018

@Brittney Lucas I agree with you Brittney ...some people like to insult and make comments that make no sense at all

16th of Jun, 2018

@wicked_00 Why exactly should they take responsibility? The customer is responsible for his property. Many places have signs stating that they are not responsible for lost and stolen items. What about the customer taking responsibility. No one is being cruel. They are just stating the truth. Now if they have an employee that is doing the stealing then they should take responsibility by firing him or her but they cannot unless they have proof. If anyone is being rude it is the OP to those that disagree with him.

8th of Jun, 2018

I am actually shocked about the comments left her regarding this situation. I used to work at Olive Garden. If a customer left personal belongings on the table or anywhere the items would be taken to a secure place and noted. If the customer was to call back to inquire about a left personal item hey would need to identify it and it would be returned. It sounds to me the staff stole it and everyone wants to blame the customer for being treated in a poor way after calling to ask about the left item thinking after years of being a good customer there would be absolutely no problem there with any staff stealing anything left behind. They were clearly saying food things about this Olive Garden location only to be treated very poorly when theft was an issue after leaving behind an item. Many things are always forgotten at places of business and there are policies and procedures to follow by each employee and rudeness is not one...I am ashamed of the comments left here!

8th of Jun, 2018

so i made a typo... lets hear all the cruel name words for a typo now..

• Re
      9th of Jun, 2018

The original poster being a complete [censored] aside, who the heck eats at Olive Garden 6 days a week for 18 years? Let alone, eats out 6 days a week in general? I can't say Olive Garden's food is that good. Least to mention, they are throwing away an astonishing amount of money with their dining habits. It explains why they expect their "electrictronal equipment" to not be stolen when abandoned in public.

13th of Jun, 2018

It isn't their responsibility to keep track of your toys. Blaming the restaurant and staff of theft is presumptuous. Call the police if theft occurs. Surely a camera is present, recording the activities within the restaurant. You must be very unhealthy if you eat that salty, fatty and greasy food six days a week for three years steady. Lazy? Untrained? Cooking isn't rocket science or brain surgery. It's nice you can seemingly afford to eat at restaurants daily but bringing television remotes and such along with you is ludicrous.

You got in the car and realized you left items behind. You called, instead of simply walking back inside? I smell bull****. Your tale unravels little by little. You want to blame the restaurant to defame their business. Did a waitress not fall for your flirting? Did you demand a discount?

Methinks this story is written by the same woman who continually writes about restaurants doing her wrong Stories made up to garner attention. Took me a while but your lies revealed who you are. More evidence for that class-action defamation of businesses suit I guess.

I hope silver bracelets match your earrings.

16th of Jun, 2018

@SubSquirrel Six days a week I doubt that. Just posting that to make him look more loyal of a customer than he is. If he really were loyal he would still return. After all it is not their fault that his items were stolen. Something a lot of people do not understand.

• Mo
      14th of Jun, 2018

I think we all don't have to face all these deceit and lies from our spouse...in the case of mine when i got sick and tired of all the lies and deceit i had to contact a friend of mine to get me the contact of one of the best hackers ..then i met ENRIQUE LEWIS..He saved me from the lies of my cheating husband by hacking his phone and brought me results of his social media (Facebook, call log, imessage. Gmail and also whats-app).Incase you need help with hacking any phone or any job contact him via email ENRIQUEHACKDEMON11@GMAIL.COM OR WHATS-APP +1(628)203-5722.tell him monique referred you.

14th of Jun, 2018

@monique jim You do realize hacking is a federal offense? You just gave personal information, if true, on someone doing illegal things. On the other hand, he's probably an ex who you want to see in jail.

16th of Jun, 2018

@monique jim Stay on topic would you.

16th of Jun, 2018

@SubSquirrel She is spamming. Posting the same message on several complaints, and being off topic.

16th of Jun, 2018

@First Born Triplet Another troll. Must be horrible to live such a mundane life that posting false tales here is your excitement.

• Da
      16th of Jun, 2018

No one is insulting anyone. The OP cannot blame them for what happened. They did the best they can which is look for the item that HE left behind. What more can they do? The OP needs to grow up and realise that DUE to his carelessness his bag was stolen. If the OP knew how to read he would see that no one encourages theft. They are just asking him what more can they do. Why should the restaurant accept responsibility. It is the OP who should be held responsible. Not them.

16th of Jun, 2018

No one is insulting and rude except for the OP. It seems like they did everything they could. I like how the OP makes a comment about how he would not have this issue if people were kind to each other, and yet is rude to those that disagree with him. I am sure that people feel sympathy for him. However, he needs to get over it and move on. Maybe file a police report. If an employee is the one that stole the equipment then they will deal with the company and she or he will be fired and have to repay for what they stole. I don't think Nigel was acting unprofessional at all. If the stuff is gone, it is gone. What more is Nigel to say? What more is he to do? The only solution is for the company to replace the stolen items. But they should not have to do that. To those saying the company should be held responsible, why should they be held responsible? Unless an employee is doing the stealing they should not be held responsible. Even if it is an employee that did the stealing they need proof. It is a shame that Bri ron won't be returning after something he could have avoided. Instead of making a big issue over this, he should learn from his mistake. Most places have signs that say that they are not responsible for lost damaged, or stolen articles. The thief was in the wrong, and no one on here encourages theft. They do however encourage the OP to accept that his stuff is gone and to take personal responsibility instead of passing it on. As for going there six times a week, that is obviously excgarated. He is just trying to make himself seem like a loyal customer. If he were loyal, he would not be boycotting them based on one bad experience. One that was partly his fault. The thief was wrong for stealing, but he is wrong for saying they don't care. Maybe they don't. It was not their item that was stolen. Maybe they do care but cannot do anything further. The whole point is the OP is slightly wrong and is not mature enough to admit to it.