Olive Garden / theft of personal property, I am a customer that goes there 6 days a week for 3 years and I had some things stolen off the table

1 Wayne , New Jersey, NJ, United States Review updated:

We are a customer for approximately 18 years and have been a very steady customer for the last 3 years at the Wayne OliveGarden location going 6 days a week and have got to know the staff and managers very well and we were awarded customer of the year last year . On Friday evening May 25th 2018 we ate dinner and I had some personal property (electrictronal equipment for my television) on the table and me and my dad got up and left, leaving the stuff on the table, when we got in the car we realized that we left the items behind and immediately called up the Olive Garden and spoke with The manager Nigel who we are friendly with as my dad has known him 18 years and he checked with the server Juilo who we also are friends with we thought and Julio said it wasn't there . Nigel then abruptly said it was gone and he blew me offand acted like he didn't care and hung up the phone . I also spoke with Julio on the phone and he said it was gone and hung up the phone rudely . I called back 30 minutes later to see if anyone found anything and I spoke with manager Nigel again and he expressed annoyance that I called and said the stuff is gone and acted as he didn't care. We went back to the restaurant on Saturday and Nigel was there and would not speak to us and we spoke with Julio and he said a lot of things get stolen from here and basically said it was no big deal. We went back to dinner Monday and Tuesday and spoke about it briefly to some of the servers and they are acting as if they know who took the stuff but are not saying much but are aware of the situation. We are extremely disappointed in Nigel and the entire staff at the Wayne Olive Garden as we thought after all this time we had friends there as we tip extremely well to all the servers . We are not coming back as we disappointed and disgusted at what transpired and that nobody cared enough to look into the matter, instead we were rudely blown off . Multiple servers knew we had the stuff there and were non caring that it went missing as we had considered everyone friends

Br
May 30, 2018

Comments

• Wh
      30th of May, 2018

It's obvious that a diner stole your item because you were too stupid and thoughtless to take it with you. This is not the staff's fault. The other staff probably know about the situation because they were warned what a whiny pain in the [censored] you're being over a situation entirely your fault.

Also, please learn proper punctuation use. Your utter lack of skills makes your complaint even more painful to read.

1st of Jun, 2018

@What The Heck 85 I think we should lay off of him. The fact that he has bad punctuation and is too immature to take responsibility for his actions shows that he is only nine years old and does not know better.

4th of Jun, 2018

@What The Heck 85 WOW. Wake up, punctuation class is over, if you think this is about punctuation than you are really missing the point and the education system has failed you . This is more about common decency the lack of proper protocal when an item goes missing and the complete lack of humanity, for you to imply by me forgetting something on the table it’s ok for someone to steal it instead of turning it in is appalling and disgusting on your part . I actually feel sorry for you if you think that way .

4th of Jun, 2018

@What The Heck 85 Clearly the only one stupid is you with your utter lack of decency and ignorance and total lack of humanity . I understand i should not of left it on the table but for you to advocate theft than you are really disgusting and part of the problem

5th of Jun, 2018

@What The Heck 85 Again you are saying that there are no decent people working at the Olive Garden only low class thieves as you dare not leave anything on the table as it will be stolen

• Wh
      6th of Jun, 2018

@Bri ron I did not at all imply that it is okay to steal; but you think that if it makes you feel better. You sound grumpy, it's probably your nap time.

6th of Jun, 2018

@What The Heck 85 I do take responsibility for leaving the item on the table for it to be misplaced especially since I thought common decency would be to turn the items in . I now know that the Olive Garden and it’s management support a disgusting lack of humanity and support the theory that if you leave something on a table it’s there for the taking I don’t think God ever supported stealing but the Olive Garden does, i am sorry I left my stuff there on the table and will now go to a restaurant that has a more decent code of ethics

• 9w
      30th of May, 2018

don't see how you can blame the entire place for someones theft
    they don't have people watching every table every second I would think so they cant possibly keep track of every item or person

1st of Jun, 2018

@9wood It is the OP's job to take care of his stuff not anyone else's.

1st of Jun, 2018

It is not like he does not care. He has other customers . He is not being paid to babysit your property. It is not his job to look after your job, it is your job. The only person you should be disappointed in is yourself for being so careless. Grow up. Take responsibility for your actions instead of getting angry at others. Trust me you won't be missed. You have a very childish attitude. FIrst of all you refuse to take any responsibility for your carelessness. Then you have one bad experience(that is YOUR fault) and you won't be back. Trust me you immature child you won't be missed.

4th of Jun, 2018

@greae Nobody asked anyone to babysit my property and you clearly are the one who needs to grow up abd for your utter lack of understanding of the situation you areca disgrace . You would think if i left something on the table there would be decent people around to turn it in not steal it . Obviously i was wrong for thinking anyone would be decent enough to turn it in and you certainly are not decent by your messed up thought process

5th of Jun, 2018

You are unbelievably ignorant and your lack of understanding is appalling and your lack of humanity is a disgrace to this country and you are exactly part of the problem that if people were kind to each other we would not be having this conversation, have a nice day .

5th of Jun, 2018

Again your lack of class and humanity and saying that people at the olive garden cannnot be trusted as you dont dare leave something on the table or it will be stolen your ignorance is amazing and dangerous

16th of Jun, 2018

@Bri ron The problem, sadly is you.

8th of Jun, 2018

Wow, I can't believe what rude people are on here. It is not your fault for having your stuff stolen. You were in a place of business were your property should be safe to leave while there. And as for the people saying it's your fault, wait until that [censored] happens to them... Don't say I'll never happen, because I've never met a person who hasn't forgotten something before or hasn't had their [censored] stolen once.

16th of Jun, 2018

@Brittney Lucas It is not his fault things were stolen. The issue they have is him expecting them to do more than what they did. Also if anyone is rude it is the OP.

21st of Sep, 2018

@dear boss It is funny how some of the people complaining fail to use common sense. The leave their property behind and blame the restaurant. At stores they leave their purchases behind and blame the cashier. They leave their purse behind and change their locks and think the store owes them $400 that it cost to change their locks. plus $100 for mental anguish that they suffered. It is hard for them to admit that. "I made a mistake. " Many people don't take responsibility for their actions and blame others. I think if the OP were not rude to everyone that basically told him this they would have more sympathy for him.

8th of Jun, 2018

Breathe I didn't say that anything could be done about it I just said I feel bad for him and that maybe you should have some empathy other than attacking him because it's happened to all of us at some point

8th of Jun, 2018

how about the place of business taking responsibility... i see nothing wrong with the post and see you as being very cruel

8th of Jun, 2018

@Brittney Lucas I agree with you Brittney ...some people like to insult and make comments that make no sense at all

16th of Jun, 2018

@wicked_00 Why exactly should they take responsibility? The customer is responsible for his property. Many places have signs stating that they are not responsible for lost and stolen items. What about the customer taking responsibility. No one is being cruel. They are just stating the truth. Now if they have an employee that is doing the stealing then they should take responsibility by firing him or her but they cannot unless they have proof. If anyone is being rude it is the OP to those that disagree with him.

8th of Jun, 2018

I am actually shocked about the comments left her regarding this situation. I used to work at Olive Garden. If a customer left personal belongings on the table or anywhere the items would be taken to a secure place and noted. If the customer was to call back to inquire about a left personal item hey would need to identify it and it would be returned. It sounds to me the staff stole it and everyone wants to blame the customer for being treated in a poor way after calling to ask about the left item thinking after years of being a good customer there would be absolutely no problem there with any staff stealing anything left behind. They were clearly saying food things about this Olive Garden location only to be treated very poorly when theft was an issue after leaving behind an item. Many things are always forgotten at places of business and there are policies and procedures to follow by each employee and rudeness is not one...I am ashamed of the comments left here!

20th of Jun, 2018

@wicked_00 But if the items were stolen before they got to leave it in a secure place then it is not their fault. They cannot do a thing if the something was stolen before it was noted. I have a feeling that you did not leave on good terms. Either that or you are the OP. I notice that the only review you have posted on is this one making me believe that you are the OP on another account. You have no proof that the staff stole it. Just like I have no proof that a customer stole it. These are just possible things that could have happened. The customer was not treated poorly. If the item was stolen before the staff could put it aside there is nothing they can do. But you are either the OP, or just making Olive Garden employees look bad because you left on bad terms.

8th of Jun, 2018

so i made a typo... lets hear all the cruel name words for a typo now..

9th of Jun, 2018

The original poster being a complete [censored] aside, who the heck eats at Olive Garden 6 days a week for 18 years? Let alone, eats out 6 days a week in general? I can't say Olive Garden's food is that good. Least to mention, they are throwing away an astonishing amount of money with their dining habits. It explains why they expect their "electrictronal equipment" to not be stolen when abandoned in public.

13th of Jun, 2018
    Best Best Advice +6 Votes

It isn't their responsibility to keep track of your toys. Blaming the restaurant and staff of theft is presumptuous. Call the police if theft occurs. Surely a camera is present, recording the activities within the restaurant. You must be very unhealthy if you eat that salty, fatty and greasy food six days a week for three years steady. Lazy? Untrained? Cooking isn't rocket science or brain surgery. It's nice you can seemingly afford to eat at restaurants daily but bringing television remotes and such along with you is ludicrous.

You got in the car and realized you left items behind. You called, instead of simply walking back inside? I smell bull****. Your tale unravels little by little. You want to blame the restaurant to defame their business. Did a waitress not fall for your flirting? Did you demand a discount?

Methinks this story is written by the same woman who continually writes about restaurants doing her wrong Stories made up to garner attention. Took me a while but your lies revealed who you are. More evidence for that class-action defamation of businesses suit I guess.

I hope silver bracelets match your earrings.

16th of Jun, 2018

@SubSquirrel Six days a week I doubt that. Just posting that to make him look more loyal of a customer than he is. If he really were loyal he would still return. After all it is not their fault that his items were stolen. Something a lot of people do not understand.

14th of Jun, 2018

I lost an envelope with $400 bucks in it, because I left it on the table. Who do I blame? Myself. Only my idiocy, at leaving an envelope with $400 on the table.

My fault... and my fault alone.

These people at Olive Garden were supposedly your friends. They supposedly made you customer of the year. Now, after 18 years, of GOOD service, you are going to get on a public forum and complain, for losing a few TV cords?

You are everything wrong with the world today. Do you have ANY proof at all, that an employee stole your precious purchase? How do you know, another diner, who is not honest, came by, and nicked your stuff, prior to the table being cleaned. Why blame Olive Garden?

You said that you go there 6 days a week. I've NEVER been to an Olive Garden that WASNT busy... So, you call back, during the dinner rush, and get treated with shortness... That makes you conclude that an employee stole your precious purchase? Ridiculous on your part. Absolutely petty, and ridiculous.

16th of Jun, 2018

Here is the way I see it. While you do seem to be taking responsibility for your actions, you don't see the whole issue here. The issue is that a customer/employee stole your electrical equipment. This could have been avoided if you did not leave it behind. While accidents happen there is nothing more that they can do other then checking the table. It is a shame that you won't be returning to after 18 long years of service based on something that you could have avoided. If it is gone, it is gone. What more do you want Nigal to do? I don't know why he hung up the phone on you. Maybe because he could not get it clear to you that there is nothing more they can do. Like someone said file a police report. If they find out that an employee stole your equipment they will most likely inform the company and that employee will have to repay you for the stolen equipment and get fired. If a customer stole your equipment then there is nothing much they can do. Learn from your mistake instead of passing on blame to others. Also it is not that Nigel does not care. They already stated that the stuff is gone. So what more can they do if it is gone? Or maybe he does not care. Why should he, it is not his fault that your stuff was stolen. Instead of being disappointed in Nigel you should be disappointed in yourselves for leaving the equipment behind, and getting upset over something that is not their fault. Why should the servers care that your stuff went missing? Also just because they knew you had your stuff there does not make them responsible for your stuff.

16th of Jun, 2018

No one is insulting and rude except for the OP. It seems like they did everything they could. I like how the OP makes a comment about how he would not have this issue if people were kind to each other, and yet is rude to those that disagree with him. I am sure that people feel sympathy for him. However, he needs to get over it and move on. Maybe file a police report. If an employee is the one that stole the equipment then they will deal with the company and she or he will be fired and have to repay for what they stole. I don't think Nigel was acting unprofessional at all. If the stuff is gone, it is gone. What more is Nigel to say? What more is he to do? The only solution is for the company to replace the stolen items. But they should not have to do that. To those saying the company should be held responsible, why should they be held responsible? Unless an employee is doing the stealing they should not be held responsible. Even if it is an employee that did the stealing they need proof. It is a shame that Bri ron won't be returning after something he could have avoided. Instead of making a big issue over this, he should learn from his mistake. Most places have signs that say that they are not responsible for lost damaged, or stolen articles. The thief was in the wrong, and no one on here encourages theft. They do however encourage the OP to accept that his stuff is gone and to take personal responsibility instead of passing it on. As for going there six times a week, that is obviously excgarated. He is just trying to make himself seem like a loyal customer. If he were loyal, he would not be boycotting them based on one bad experience. One that was partly his fault. The thief was wrong for stealing, but he is wrong for saying they don't care. Maybe they don't. It was not their item that was stolen. Maybe they do care but cannot do anything further. The whole point is the OP is slightly wrong and is not mature enough to admit to it.

18th of Jun, 2018

@First Born Triplet I think the OP wanted attention but went about it in the wrong way

• Do
      19th of Jun, 2018

Seems like the OP was daft and deserved to lose their property.

19th of Jun, 2018

@Don'tBeAMoron @Don’tBeAMoron What? You don’t bring your remote out to eat, too? You deprive it of sustenance? Meanie!!! Poor lonely remote, sitting upon the couch, patiently and hungrily waiting for your return. They should revoke your medical license and force you to seek intervention by a colleague.

*such cruelty in the world*

19th of Jun, 2018

@SubSquirrel I don't think he brought his remote out to eat, but I could be wrong. I have a feeling that he just bought it before he came to the restaurant and then forgot about it. But everyone is right on one thing. The restaurant is not to blame. He is partly responsible, but the real responsibility is on the thief, whether a customer or worker. I though have a feeling that it was not stolen, that a worker put it aside and the other workers have no idea that it was put aside.

19th of Jun, 2018

@First Born Triplet “electrictronal equipment for my television) on the table”. I didn’t think the ‘electrictronal’ equipment was new. But new or used, I’d have left it in the car or put it in a pocket. I doubt someone would steal a remote for an unknown television, too. Put aside and it’s small so easily overlooked.

20th of Jun, 2018

@SubSquirrel They probably stole it to sell it on EBAY so they can buy some weed. But whether it was new or old, his own fault for leaving it on the table. The issue is not the theft, which is wrong . The issue is him now owning up to his mistake and expecting a solution from them when they cannot provide one because it was out of their hand.

20th of Jun, 2018

@PeterPP It was not weed, it was a crack pipe. I am the one that stole it and I with the money I bought my very first crack pipe. But it was not on Ebay, it was on Craiglist.

20th of Jun, 2018

@PeterPP The crack pipe was sold on craigslist as well. Guess they did not check that they were selling legal things.

20th of Jun, 2018

@PeterPP Not much weed can be bought for the cost of a used remote! $20 gets you enough for an hour of mystique. At least it did in my day...

20th of Jun, 2018

@Fine Young Aiden 2005 I bought my first crack pipe at Toys are us. They sell everything, toys, candy, crack ect.

20th of Jun, 2018

@SubSquirrel Off topic, but I get a strong feeling that Bri ron and wicked_00 are the same person. If not, Wicked_00 claimed he or she used to work for Olive Garden and is accusing the employee of theft because he or she left on bad terms.

20th of Jun, 2018

@SubSquirrel Also keep note, that the only complaint that wicked_00 is posting to is this one, which makes me further believe that wicked_00 and Bri ron are the same person.

21st of Sep, 2018

@PeterPP Quite often you find people using multiple names here. I guess if you don’t have a good life, posting here under various names 24/7 keeps you busy.

One of my favorite posters changes nicknames so often that I lost track of her.

2nd of Oct, 2018

I have 2 names. I'm also, CALL THE WAAAMBULANCE!

:>)