Olive Garden / service - table 62

1 Portsmouth Blvd. Chesapeake VA 23321United States Review updated:

Today, 2/8/2019, my husband and I, my daughter and grandson and a good friend of ours that was visiting from out of town, went to this Olive Garden for lunch (around 1:20 when we were seated). Three of us ordered the All You Can Eat - Soup, Salad & Breadsticks and one ordered the Alfredo Pasta and All You Can Eat Soup & Breadsticks and a Ice Cream Sundae for my grandson. Well, our waiter took a Long Time to ever come to our table. When he did, he took our order and said "I will be Right Back with your Salad, Drinks, & Breadsticks...15-20 mins later, he showed up and I said...jokingly with a smile, "We thought you forgot us" and he just chuckled. No apologies, nothing. We had specifically ask for No lemon in our drinks, but there was one inside anyway. Didn't want to ask for a new one because it took so long to get the first. First downfall. Well, since my friend didn't order salad, she was left with nothing to eat but breadsticks while we started on our salads...another 10-15 mins passed and he came back with her pasta. I asked about our soup that we still hadn't received? His response...Every Time...Oh, yeah, right...you got the...I'll bring that right out...not. Well, this happened Every time we needed something. It took over 30+ minutes for us to get our salad refilled (and with 3 people eating salad, that's one serving each), took 10-15 minutes after the first bowl of salad for us to get our First bowl of soup and forever to get breadsticks refilled. Lets not even discuss getting our drinks refilled! Oh, and the ice cream sundae...well, he totally forgot that. After about 40 mins, when he returned again, we ask, where's the ice cream?...again...Oh, yeah, their making that now. Really? It was supposed to come out when we got our food because that was all he was eating. It was Excuse after Excuse as we wondered when our All You Can Eat meal was coming? After asking 3x's, my daughter and I still never received a 2nd bowl of soup until we were tired of waiting and were ready to leave, so it was wasted. Needless to say, we were all Highly disappointed with the service we recieved there today and the lack of food that we received for what we paid for. Although our waiter was polite, he seemed to either not be trained well in service or he was highly distracted by other things. We were seated in a cove and it looked like that was the only place he was serving and with only one other couple in there with us, we didn't understand the hold up. As we were paying at our table to leave, 2 ladies had been seated next to us. We watched as they were talking to each other about how the waiter still hadn't been to their table to take their order after quite some time. I love Olive Garden food, but if this is the kind of service we can expect, then we will find other places to dine. I am requesting a refund of $28.23 which was the cost of myself, husband and daughters food. My friend paid separately. Thank you for considering my request.

Su
Feb 8, 2019

Comments

• Mi
      8th of Feb, 2019

I agree you had bad service but if you ate the food, why are you entitled to a refund?

8th of Feb, 2019

@Mike EV Because she is a greedy pig that cannot afford to eat out. It would have been better for everyone if she stayed at home. First of all for her since she cannot afford to eat out. Second, her childish behavior probably embarrassed her friend and grandson. It would be better off for her daughter is she were given up for adoption. For one thing the mother cannot afford to feed her since she cannot afford to feed herself. For another the daughter is going to be depressed and suicidal due to her mother's embarrassing behavior. Why she may grow up and be as greedy, immature, selfish and pathetic as her mother.

8th of Feb, 2019

@Mike EV Sadly that is what a lot of people do on this site. They have entitlement issues. I agree with you all in no way is she entitled to a full refund if she ate the food. I bet most of the wait times were exaggerated just so that she can get a full refund. I bet she would look at any reason for a full refund. It is a shame that a lot of people on this site have entitlement issues. Kind of embarrassing to be a member.

• Ph
      8th of Feb, 2019

" I said...jokingly with a smile, "We thought you forgot us"" That's not joking, that's some passive-aggressive [censored] behavior right there. And expecting a full refund after you ate all the food? Get over yourself.

Best Best Advice +4 Votes

@Philly2019 Unfortunately this is what happens when people cannot afford to eat out. They are too embarrassed to admit it, or they feel they are entitled to things. I hope the do not get their refund. They are not entitled to one. People like this make the site look bad. Just being greedy and demanding. I feel sorry for the daughter. The mother should have swallowed since she cannot afford to feed herself let alone a child. I bet her friend would have been happier if she did not come. She probably embarrassed them all. I bet the daughter will end up depressed and suicidial because of the mother's embarrassing behavior just to get free stuff because she cannot afford it.

9th of Feb, 2019

@BEnchboy I feel sorry for that grandson. The daughter is old enough to make her own decisions and choose to be a part of her mother's bs or not. If not then she should not hang around with her mother anymore, especially with the grandson. Shi7 parenting right there. Where's grandson's father in all this?

8th of Feb, 2019

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR GRANDSON ATE MORE THAN THAT ICE CREAM SUNDAE!

8th of Feb, 2019

You ate the food so why should you get a refund. IF you cannot afford to eat with your family then don't. With your embarrassing behavior I am sure they would be happy to dine without you. You should stay at home.

8th of Feb, 2019

I hope they don't consider your request. Just because you cannot afford to eat out does not mean that you should get a free meal. SInce you had no issue eating for the food you should have no issue paying for it. Stay at home if you cannot afford to eat out. No way should get a free meal for your family. Stop spreading your legs if you cannot afford to feed yourself let alone your daughter. I am sure there are programs and soup kitchens for people in your situation. But nowhere are you entitled to a full refund. Stop being a greedy pig. You are making the people who use this site properly look bad and like greedy pigs. You should be ashamed of yourself asking for a full refund.

9th of Feb, 2019