[Resolved] Olive Garden / cool food, missing food

1 Ann Arbor, MI, United States Review updated:

On 12/24/17, we ordered To go dinner consisting of two children's meals, fettuccine, shrimp fettuccine, and I think it was a seafood fettuccine with shrimp and scallops. 2 soups were ordered as well as one salad.

We ordered online and when we began ordering it said to order at least an hour before we wanted to pick it up. So we placed our order and at the end when we were paying, your say indicated that are food would not be ready for 2 hours. That was the first problem. The second problem was when my son-in-law went to pick up our food. He ended up having to wait 20 to 25 minutes as the seafood fettuccine had to be remade. He came home with the food and we found that the salad was not in the bag. Then when we opened up the containers we found all but the fettuccine Seafood was cold. Mind you, we only live 5 to 10 minutes away from our local Olive Garden. We microwaved the kids meals. Then we had to microwave the fettuccine and the shrimp fettuccine. It tasted terrible. It tasted like take home from the night before after you've microwaved it 12 hours later. Honestly, it ruined our Christmas Eve. In the past we have always Cooked our Christmas Eve meal, but we decided to try something difference and order from the Olive Garden, a place where we have always had good food.

I called the manager who was apologetic. I explained to him that but my son arrived at the Olive Garden there were very few customers, and the amount of time we had to wait for the to go order was ridiculous. I brought up the missing salad, and the poor quality of two of the fettuccine cheese. He offered a $25 gift certificate. While I appreciate the gift certificates, it does not negate the fact that our Christmas Eve dinner was ruined. My family has been going to the Olive Garden for years but it will not be the first place that I'll think of when I plan to go out to dinner. It was just a terrible experience on Christmas Eve

• Resolution statement

Received $25 gift certificate.

St
Dec 31, 2017

Comments

• Su
      1st of Jan, 2018

What did you want him to do? You got the gift card, did you expect more money back?

1st of Jan, 2018

Christmas Eve yet they are upset the wait was long. I doubt employees weren't happy to work that day. The attitude was not nice at all.

1st of Jan, 2018

Was it your son or son-in-law?? You say each picked up dinner.