Old Navy (Ge Money Bank) / customer service

I was late on my Old Navy bill. The bank lady called me to remind me that my account was past due. She wanted me to pay with my checking account over the phone. I did not have my check book handy at work so I went to the website and paid the full amount. I told the lady sorry I forgot to pay for the month of April and that the full payment was just made for the full amount on the Old Navy's website. The lady raised her voice saying that it was better to make the payment over the phone since the payment will show faster. My point is that I have been a customer with them for years and yes this was my first oversight and skipped the april payment but the point is I did not deserve to be treated that way. I asked the lady over and over again what she was saying since her english was not so good and it seems like she got offended. I did not understand her. With the way the economy is right now I think companies like this should be treating better their customers specially those that have been loyal to them.

Comments

• Sh
      15th of Feb, 2011

I had my credit line lowered for some unknown reason from $1, 600.00 to $1, 300.00 which really pisses me off. I have never missed a payment, in fact, I have always doubled my payments each time they are due. I think GE Money Bank is a terrible place to get a credit card. They are so nice at the Gap to get you to apply for a credit card and then you are treated this way. They say my credit score was excellent at the time I applied for the credit card of which I didn't even ask for one bu the cashier insisted I apply so I did...GE sent me a letter a couple of months ago saying that they had lowered my line of credit because my credit score went down, well I would like to explain why at no fault of my own but they didn't even ask.

• Pi
      26th of Jul, 2011

GE SUCKS soooooooooo bad!!!I had a financial mishap of 20 dollars and was cancelled based on this, without any warning. They sent me this lovely(being sarcastic)letter saying they review different peoples accounts and that my account showed numerous times of non-payment, which is B.S. I gave them a call about this to find out what was going on and got absolutely no where. Anything I said did not mean a thing, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. Well, that was another waste of time..All she could say was didn't you read the terms and that they do not have to give a warning or notice in cancelling an account. Even though I had paid my balance in FULL, that did not matter. I was told they can not reinstate my account but I can reapply for another at the store. Yeah right, I told that lady that she can take the card and shove it, I was so pissed. So, I warn any and everybody to stay away anything dealing with GE Money Bank. They are the absolute worse EVER. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired!!!NEVER AGAIN!!!