olay / Rude and Discriminatory Attitude

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

Back in April 2009 I visited the Olay counter over at Macy's on Stockton Street, San Francisco. There was a great number of customers unattended. There was no system and no line whatsoever. Customers just grab whichever representative was available. Needless to say, these bunch of representatives refused to serve the minority group. They were ignored and when I asked when it was my turn, one of the representative looked at me and said it wasn't her department despite the fact she attended on others who were purchasing Olay products. This is discriminatory and I must say Macy's lost a customer. Don't shop at Macy's...there's other department stores where you can get the same product without the attitude.

Comments

• Ne
      20th of Feb, 2010

It's not fair to judge one store on a particular store's employees. It's all operated individually and comes down to one thing- the management. You may very well go to another Macy's and receive great customer service, it all depends on how well management is training their staff. I have never worked at Macy's but work for Sears and have for the past 6 years and we are encouraged (not forced but it is expected of us) to greet, smile and thank any customer within 10ft. My particular stores has hour cuts so not at times there aren't enough associates are there to help the customers, but we do a good job at trying to get everyone helped. I know most stores are doing the online/phone surveys on the receipts now, Sears included and I recommend to all my customers to give their feedback not just for the chance to win the $4, 000 gift card but the only way stores can improve is by letting the corporate offices know what kind of service you are receiving at that particular store. The only way we can better our service is by hearing feedback of what we're doing well and what we need to work on.

• Ru
      27th of Sep, 2012
    olay - promotional debit card
    Olay
    Georgia

I was given a $10.00 promotional debit card from Olay and the card was rejected. Does it need to be activated? I want my $10.00! Ruth Money