Oil change plus air filter change / Charged for services

1 GA, United States Review updated:

Well I know this kind of stuff has been on the news and everything but I guess I finally learned my lesson. I have always been going to jiffy lube/grease monkey ever since I've been driving. Well, a couple of years back I got another car and the service depts. around here at the dealerships are a joke, so I decided to continue my services with grease monkey. My oil changes went fine and there was not one problem until recently. I went to Midas and had my car serviced and with Midas, they usually just change the oil and oil filter not the air filter. That was fine with me because putting on air filters is a piece of cake. Anyway long story short, I opened the air filter compartment to change my filter and noticed that the filter in there was worn and very dirty. I went ahead and took it out and noticed the words on the filter said "FORD MOTOR COMPANY" on the side. Apparently, I had been getting charged for filters that had "NEVER" been installed. Anyone who knows about cars knows that Ford or any other car maker isn't in the business of helping out their competitors. I saved the dirty filter because I'm trying to figure out what steps to take next. I still have my receipts and everything but I don't think service shops like these are understanding if they do stuff like this. I should have checked behind them myself but when you pay 30-40 bucks for service, you expect "SERVICE". Please be more aware of what they do to your car if you go there. If possible, change your own oil or go where you can actually "SEE" the person change or replacing things on your car.

Comments

• Di
      14th of Jun, 2009

And dealer service department are a joke huh

• Ro
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I totally understand your frustation. I have always had problems with the dealerships in my area as well (overcharge and etc.). I also had a run-in with greasemonkey but mine was with the oil. They really need to do something about them.