Ohio Department of Public Safety - Bureau of Motor Vehicles / Un-timely processing of vehicle renewal application, auto registration

1 OH, United States Review updated:

I sent in my motor vehicle registration on January 25, 2010. My registration was due to expire on February 17, 2010. The block at the top of the Vehicle Renewal Application states: "Allow 15 business days (excluding mail time) to receive your registration."

As of February 18, 2010, I not only have not received my registration, but the check I sent has not even been cashed.

According to the law, I can not operate my car because "a valid sticker and license plate must be displayed per Section 4503.21 of the Ohio Revised Code."

I have made several attempts to contact the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, but all phone lines continously ring busy and the Oplates Online Support on their web site states that the Oplates Customer Service is offline- please try later.

Additionally, if my registration is submitted 7 days late, a penalty of 20.00 is added to my registration fee.

This is outrageous! I am a responsible person, trying to jump through all the hoops they put in my path, but they still not only refuse to process my registration, they make it impossible for me to even contact them!

Comments

• Bo
      1st of Mar, 2010

The exact same thing happened to me.
    Bobe
    What shall I do?

• Cb
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Ditto, however I checked my confirmation document and they had a different phone# to call. Try 866 868 0006. They answered on the first ring and are resending the tags. Hope this helps.

• Sh
      25th of Jun, 2010

Myself and two friends have paid well in advance on oplates.com and had to buy "replacement stickers". Just another scam to pump us for money.