Ogden Check approval Network, INC / Abuse of warranty

3.5
I recieved a warrant in debt to appear in court on December 16, 2008 and

Chesterfield County Court had no record of such a case. This company has

been threatening me along with Odgden Check Approval Network, Inc. that if

I do not pay, which I paid a good amount of it, that they will get me when

I show for court. Well, the date came and I recieved another letter in the

mail, which was dated December 10th that my date had been moved to

february 16, 2009 at 1:00pm. Again the county has no record of such an

event. They are using county warrant in debt forms and mailing them and

representing them as being a valid and approved case when they are in fact

not. In other words they are using the forms as scare tactics which is

illegal. Hindsight I never had a sherriff visit my house I just got the

warrant in debt from the lawyers office and Odgden Check approval.

Something needs to be done about this .

This is a continuation of my earlier complaint about them abusing Warrant in debt forms from Chesterfield county general district court. They have been using these forms and leaving voicemails about a court date that they are set and are going to happen which in fact they are not. They have never been recorded with the courts. I then recieved a letter form them stating that my court date HAS changed to February 17, 2009 which in fact has not and can't because Chesterfield County General district court requires 60 days out for such an event to occur and they are to late to file with the court. They are using these documents to scare people illegally. I have paid them a substantial amount of money and they want more. I am not the only one that they are doing this to. They have done this to about 15-20 cases which you can call and confirm if you call [protected] and talk to Linda Moore of the General District Court. This attorneys' office along with the collection company has to have violated some sort of code.

CONTACT THE STATE BOARD, BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, VIRGINIA BEACH OFFICE OF THE COMMONWEALTHS ATTORNEY OFFICE TO COMPLAIN. WHAT THEY DID WAS ILLEGAL.
Hi

Comments

Du
  28th of Jan, 2009
This comapny does the same thing to me. Everytime I call to try and work out a payment arrangement they start screaming at me being very unprofessional and hanging up on me. They are trying to charge me a court fee from Newport News General District Court when the court did not issue a judgement against me.
Ha
  19th of Mar, 2009
I just got a notice from Ogden today indicating that I owe for returned checks that were 2-3 years old. Ogden apparantly purchased another companies files but have not verified who paid and who didnt. When I presented them with proof that I have paid my debt the so called manager called me a piece of ### and threw my paperwork on the floor. I had to call the police and now I have hired an attorney to see what the courts have to say. If you get anything from this company please please do your research before paying them anything. They are scammers!!!
Ri
  22nd of Mar, 2009
what is that status of limintation on a closed credit card in virginia
Ma
  24th of Mar, 2009
Virginia Courts Case Information System provides for civil, criminal and traffic cases and related dispositons. Judgments are obtained within the Civil Division against those who write bad checks and fail to make restitution. This is a public website.

The disposition of this case maybe found in the Chesterfield General District Court Civil Division of this public website.

Look it up!

Ogden Check Approval Network, Inc. vs Ebert.

The results of this case speak for themselves. The fact is, this complaintant never showed up for court to present his issues!
Ma
  24th of Mar, 2009
For the sanity of all of us, treat your brother as you would wanted to be treated yourself.

Respect begets respect!

Hawkins2425 was an out of control consumer who thinks such behavior was warranted no matter the circumstances.
Wo
  25th of Mar, 2009
Seems that the so called manager is a bit 2 faced here. I would suggest that he instruct their people to follow his own words, Quote from above, " For the sanity of all of us, treat your brother as you would wanted to be treated yourself, There is no place in our society for cursing, abusive, racial name calling or using any words that offend others." Seems like the people of this company haven't read this statement at all.

I just got my first message from someone at this company demanding over twice what I may owe on a debt and demamnding payment by the end of the day. After repeatedly offering to make payment arragementsI was hung up on twice without even recieving the infoirmation I needed to send payments to. Very belligerent and in their voice mail tried to pass themselves off as a Law enforcement officer.

Well I found the correspondence they sent me and I will mail payment for the amount documented no less no more. I then will file a complaint with the BBB and the Commonwealth of Virginia, Office of the Attorney General today.
Td
  26th of Mar, 2009
This is the same thing that has happened to me. I'm still dealing with it. I actually got a phone call today from a lawyers office in New York that I still haven't paid my account off with Ogden and it was taken care of last August. The people at Ogden though were very very rude with me as well. The "so-called" manager was a complete dick on the phone with me. He yelled at me, hung up on me more than once, and called me all sorts of names. When I finally tried to figure out what was going on he told me that I had no more chances to pay and that I was being taking to court. They really have issues at the company. But here recently, I have had the lawyers office for the company that bought all of Ogden's files call me and tell me that they "didn't have to believe a word I said because I was a lair." This is really starting to tick me off and make me wonder how this company could buy the files for another company without figuring out who had paid and who hadn't. Something really needs to be done about this place.
  10th of Apr, 2009
I've received a notice from these people as well. I paid them but i know for a fact they have violated 3 sections of the FAIR DEBT TO COLLECTION ACT. I will filing an offical complaint against them and pursuing this for as long as I can. They cannot treat people the way they do; the MANAGER there called me all sorts of names and THREATENED to destroy my payment all because I asked questions to gain a better understanding as to what was going on.
Co
  17th of Apr, 2009
He owes child support as of April 17 of one thousands.
$250 Nov. 2008
$250 Feb 2009
$500 April 2009
He "Richard W. Ogden " is unobtainable buy phone and makes no effort to resolve this problem. So we are making every effort to collect this debt on behalf of "V. Ogden"daughter.
He has threaten and ignored people in an effort not to pay his court orderd debt.
Kn
  19th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I continuously receive calls from this company. I finally answered the phone today, and when the rep got on the phone, i asked him to mail me something in writing about the debt. He said they have, well I advised him I had not received it b/c I had moved last year. He said if I didnt reslove it today they would have a warrant out for my arrest at 4pm. I said whatever, that is what your message has said for 6 months. He claimed this call is the first time they have ever called this number. I told him I would be more than happy to proved him proof of my call log from my cell phone bills, other wise. He said you are refusing to pay this debt? I said did you hear those words come out of my mouth? NO you didnt. I simply asked you to mail me somthing in writing as to what the debt is for and how much is it. He started laughing and said "I hope they lock your ### up for $30" and hung up on me. I called back and asked for supervisor, well I got who said they were Mr. Ogden. I asked him if they record their phone calls as the greeting states and he said yes. I said good, I want you to go back and listen to the phone convo I just had with your rep. I asked him to mail me something and he said to what address. I gave him my new mailing address and I asked him again what was he going to do about his rep. He said we deal with people everyday like you that refuse to pay their bills, and what you have done is fraud. I said I've not refused to pay this, I asked for it in writing. I know what the credit laws are and I am proceeding with this as to my legal rights. He proceeded to run off at the mouth, and I finally got ugly with him and said F U and hung up. Lets see if I get anything in the mail. And for their sakes it had better not be threatening.
  19th of May, 2009
I swear to god, I really hate those people at OGDEN! I really want to take a case against them. They do not understand that people make mistakes; we're all frickin HUMAN for gods sake!
Mo
  18th of Jun, 2009
I'm here because I just got told that a check I wrote for $36.32 bounced (I do NOT make a habit of writing bad checks and this is the first time I've EVER written a "bad Check") and I kept getting messages from them on my phone. I called them today and was all ready with my visa card to pay for the check. THEN HE TELLS ME IT'S OVER $200! I said "WHAT IS THIS DEBT FOR!?!" Ha...yeah...he gets all snippy with me and tells me I'm just being stupid and that since I can't pay over $200 right now he's going to give me a court date and issue a warrant for my arrest. I ended up hanging up and throwing the phone across the room and crying. I don't have authorization to use my debit card any old time I want to...the funds come out of my husband's account. I am a stay at home mom...I don't have any income of "my own" right now.
Bu
  30th of Jun, 2009
I received a phone call from this company today. They left a message using my maiden name, which hasn't been used in 12 years. They said I wrote bad checks to some random supermarket. First, I have NEVER written a bad check, second they are using my FULL maiden name and I have never been at this phone number with my maiden name. I am not calling them back because I owe no one any money. From what it sounds like, this company is crazy.
Og
  31st of Jul, 2009
They are the worst and most unprofessional company I have ever come across. Apparently my mother had written a check that did not clear when she lived in VA. When she went to open an account here she was unable to due to this debt. I was able to track the debt back to...you guessed it, Ogden!

I called and spoke to their resident ### Gary Smith. Mr. Smith is as far as I can tell a disgruntled black man who is filled with all types of BS. If you have to deal w/ this POS I feel bad for you. He demanded that I give him my credit card to take care of the debt. I informed him that was not going to happen and that I would mail them a check on behalf of my mother. He then said that they do not accept mailed in payments. When I told him it was the only way he was going to see a cent he hung up on me.

I then received a call from Warner Richards who is supposedly Gary's boss. We was a little more civilized. And I was able to verify the address where I could send it.

As one of the other people here stated they inflate charges astronomically. For a bad check in the amount of $187.52 somehow she now owes a total of $841.13.

I will be taking further guerilla actions to avenge these wrongs on behalf of all of us. Next time maybe they will think before they act. With people as dumb as this I doubt it!
Ch
  14th of Sep, 2009
I had the very same thing happen to me today. i received a phone call from a Mr. Gary Smith about a check that is over 3 years old that i know nothing about. Mr. Smith threatend to have me arrested. I asked how much the check was and he stated $19.00 and demaned $248.17. theis is not only crazy but illegal. He needs to be locked up for stealing!
  15th of Sep, 2009
I am sorry to hear that this is all happening to you guys too. I mean, its crazy and I dont feel like this is fair to us. We ALL have made mistakes and this company is basically taking advantage of us because of it. The dude even threatened to destroy my payment SIMPLY because I was asking questions as to how this whole process worked and why I was unable to speak to a manager? Then, when the "Manager" did get on the phone, he damn near cursed me out and made me feel worse. I mean, this is not the way a company should treat ANYONE, no matter what the situation may be.
Re
  9th of Oct, 2009
This supposed "company" is doing this to me, too. I have talked to them 3 times in the last 2 days and each time they have hung up on me, but only after yelling at me, calling me names and being very belligerent and disrespectful. I have been nothing but calm while on the phone with them. They are saying that the check is from 2007, which is highly unlikely because debt collection agencies do not wait 2 years to start collecting. I know from personal experience that REAL debt collection companies start calling within 4 months of an incurred debt. They keep asking me to verify my information (birth date, last four digits of my social, etc.) and I wont give it to them. I recommend that no one else does, either. That's all they need to get your identity and use it against you. The fact that I have not "verified" my info they shouldn't be giving me the information they have been giving me. The fact that when they call, the recording that plays says the check amount is totally not right. No debt collection company I have ever dealt with (and I've dealt with a few..) tells you anything until you verify who you are. In fact, when a REAL collection company calls, all the message says is: "We are trying to get in touch with _[name]___, this is an attempt to collect a debt, or this is a personal business matter. Please call us back at __[phone number]____." They never say anything about amounts and there is never an option to 'talk to someone now'. And when you get on the phone with these Ogden people, they never say the federally mandated spiel about 'This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. This phone call may be recorded or monitored'. I have talked to both Warner Richards and this other guy, Gary Smith. I didn't actually get Gary's name because I have only talked to him just today and he hung up on me before I could ask. But from the above description of him, I'm pretty sure thats who I was talking to. These guys are in the wrong and something needs to be done about it. I have already called the Federal Trade Comission, filed a complaint with the BBB, and called Virginia State Police. I called the police because "Warner" was actually dumb enough to threaten me. He said that if he finds out that I have said or written anything bad about him or the "company" that I "will be very sorry I did". And he also said he would sue me for slander. Well, I have not written anything slanderous in this. I am merely stating facts and expressing my opinion, which is protected by the first amendment. And I will be filing charges against him for the threat. All I can hope is that "Warner" is his real name, which I doubt considering how he treats people. But, if by some miracle it is, I will see you in court. And if anyone at Ogden reads this, I will have no problem paying my supposed debt IF you can provide detailed paperwork about the debt, and IF you can conduct yourself in a professional manner. That means no yelling or screaming, no name calling, no cursing, and no hanging up in my face. But judging by the comments here, you are incapable of doing this. I will be conducting an investigation into this "company" as far and as long as I can. I will post back here with what I find.

P.S. If anyone else receives a Warrant in Debt from these people, make sure you not only receive one in the mail but also get "Served" by a Sherriff's Deputy. This procedure is protocol in all cities and counties. So, if you get one in the mail, and in the mail only, most likely it is not a real Warrant. I would call the courthouse listed on the Warrant to confirm and verify the court date and case number listed on the Warrant. Most likely, they will have no record or file of such a case existing. Just thought I'd let everyone know and save you all some time in court.
El
  30th of Oct, 2009
Hello evryone, I spoke with the Federal Trade Commission today on behalf of Ogden as to their unfair debt practices. The rep informed that if they get enough complaints they will take action and issue a class action lawsuit. So I just want to say, that if you really want to hit them where it hurts get those complaints filed and let the number of complaints stack so we all can have our day and pay. SO GO FOR IT!!! They know that their practices are unfair and illegal, but they are going to continue harrassing and demeaning people until they get hit in their pockets.
  2nd of Nov, 2009
What is the number for the FTC? Please forward it to me in a message! I'd like to definitely file a complaint!!!
  22nd of Jan, 2010
I kept getting calls from this company and the called my brother's house looking me. I never give anyone his home number because I don't know it myself. They ask for me by name or any legal/attorney representation. I finally called back and was told that I was speaking with Investigator Gary Smith and he is going to issue a warrant for writing bad check in 2007 if I did not satisfy my debt today. I advised him that I do not have $180.00 for a $30.00 check and he told me if I give him $100.00 by tomorrow he will consider the debt satisfied. I decided to look up some information before I paid it and I am glad that I came to this site. I will call the FTC today and make a complaint.