Officetronics / fraud and scam by Philip Kim

1 715 e. gardena blvdGardena, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-502-0178

The company Officetronics treated me very nicely in the beginning of my ordering process. They were definetly glad to take my money on the Hewlett Packard printer I was interested in. After setting up the printer and using it 4 months the printer failed on us during a crucial timing. We called Hewlett Packard and was told the printer was out of warranty and refurbished. I told them that Officetronics sold me a new unit and that I should have 1 year warranty. I went over the serial number and realized that Officetronics had erased the letter "R" on the model number to hide the Refurbished Status. Hewlett Packard said they have been having thousands of complaints about Officetronics selling refurbished HP products as new. And that they are being investigated for the fraud. In the meantime HP told me they couldn't do anything about it and that I take it up with Officetronics. I called Officetronics and told them that what they are doing is fraud and a scam. Once I said that they hung up on me and told me "tough luck". I was shocked at the level of service. I called back and spoke to the same lady I believe and she didn't even help and just transfered my call to a Voice mail box. At this time I have gotten no where with Officetronics only to be transfered to a voice mail or hung up on whenever I question them. DO NOT DEAL WITH OFFICETRONICS. They are a total scam. They sale a bunch of products and I believe all the positive reviews were written by Officetronics. BUYER BEWARE.

Office Machines & Equipment
Scanners

Comments

20th of Oct, 2008

Dear Akbar Shami,

Officetronics is committed to its customer’s satisfaction and we are sorry to learn that you are unsatisfied with your purchase. We invite you to contact us immediately so that we can resolve any problems you have had with your purchase. We are committed to making your purchase with us a successful one. That is precisely why we have a 14 day return policy and we work with every customer within the period to make things right. We also help our customers after the 14 day policy with any warranty facilitations they need.

It has come to our attention that you have published your dissatisfaction on a third party website concerning our purported sale of a used product as new, which is not true. We do not sell used goods as new. If the product you purchased from us is not functioning, we invite you to contact us so that we may resolve the product issues you are experiencing. We do understand that goods sold occasionally have unforeseen manufacturer’s defects or other mechanical problems that are beyond our control. That is why we are committed to replacing products that have manufacturer’s defects or other malfunctions as well as refunding the purchase price on products that are defective.

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Akbar Shami in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.

• Le
      27th of Oct, 2008

The rebuttal made by Officetronics is definetly wierd. These allegations are so detailed how could they not be true!!! Officetronics you guys have thousands of negative reviews. And every review points to you as a fraud and scam. Its one thing if someone says your selling refurbished products as new. But these reviews are explaining exactly how you are doing these scams!!! I just dont understand why you guys are still in business. OFFICETRONICS IS POINT TOWARDS A SCAM AND THERE REBUTTALS ARE NOT HELPING ANY.

Dear Aliemi,

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Aliemi in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.

• Al
    Officetronics - Officetronics is a Fraud and Scam
    Officetronics
    715 e. gardena blvd
    Gardena
    California
    Phone: 888-502-0178
    officetronics.com

Yes I am one of many who also was defrauded and cheated by Officetronics. Purchased (5) M2727nf printers and every single one was refurbished by Hewlett Packard. When I went to Officetronics website they advertised this product as a new product with full warranty. After recieving the product it looked very wierd that the packaging for each printer was different. After I did some research on the internet typing "officetronics fraud" and "officetronics scam" I noticed thousands of reviews coming up about the company practicing fraud on unsuspecting people. What they are doing was getting refurbished products and removing the stickers and the letter "R" off the box of each unit and printer. You can tell this is done on your printer by checking it under a UV light. After checking it and doing my research I contacted Hewlett Packard and was told the unit was registered to someone else and that I should report Officetronics to the proper authorities. I have reported Officetronics to the right authorities at this time and I hope that this company who seems to commit fraud and scams on a daily basis is shutdown as well as the owner of the company whom I found out is Philip Kim is liable for all the damages. After contacting Officetronics and confronting them about this problem I was told by Lisa that this is not her problem and that I need to email Officetronics. The lady was one of the rudest people I have dealt with and there email return was done promptly but the headache and nightmare with Officetronics is not something I can express in words. The company is the biggest fraud and scam on the entire internet and after writing some reviews on Nextag.com my reviews were removed. I strongly believe that Nextag is either involved in the schemes since they will not allow users to write the true review and experience with a company if it is negative. I suggest anyone using Nextag to use Shopping.com instead since the review I wrote is still there. Nextag is a joke and should not be used to fund there marketing. All Nextag cares about is making money on marketing and not informing users of potential negative sellers. Officetronics and the owner Philip Kim will not return my calls and will only hang up the phone whenever I ask about why they continue to run scams on the public. Buyer Beware Officetronics is scam and a fraud!!!

• Va
    Officetronics - Awful company
    Officetronics
    officetronics.com

The beginning experience with Officetronics was good. 2 Months later my HP 4250N failed on me and we did a test report and found 120, 000 pages previously printed on the machine. We were confused because we probably printed less than 5000 pages. I called HP and was told the printer I had purchased was not NEW as Officetronics had me to believe. The printer was refurbished with only 90 days of warranty left on the machine. Officetronics defrauded me and my business by scamming me into a refurbished printer and telling me that hewlett packard printer was new. When I called Officetronics I was told to fill out the RMA request and I haven't heard back until 6 days later after calling and complaining. I was told this unit is past my return policy and that I am stuck with the printer. Now I am out a printer and the fact that was cheated and defrauded by Officetronics is very upsetting. I don't recommend anyone to use Officetronics.

Dear Gerald,

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Gerald in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.