Officetronics / Fraud and Scam

1 715 E. Gardena Blvd, Gardena, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-502-0178

Officetronics sent an HP L7680 that was refurbished and not new as they had advertised. What was very suspicious is that the letter "R" was removed at the end of the model number by some type of chemical of some sort. The "R" shows that its refurbished and after further inspection noticed the refurbished stickers were removed from Officetronics. The company is very questionable since these practices constitute as fraud and false advertisement. Called Officetronics and support was poor and did not care that what they are doing is illegal. Consumers becareful and search on the internet about the company your buying from. Officetronics has thousands of negative reviews that I should have researched. I am stuck with a $300.00 they will not allow me to return. I did a page count at the unit has over 2000 pages printed on it. This is a common practice done by Officetronics from what it seems to me. I will not be ever ordering from Officetronics. I will lets great sites that allow users to show there experience about Officetronics know the kind of business they are running.

Jo

Comments

• Fi
      6th of Oct, 2008

Officetronics shipped me a Hewlett Packard L7680 which arrived in 7 days. Not as quick as I thought it would arrive. What had me very upset about Officetronics is that there were clearly indications of fraud and a scam. I am a HP reseller and what shocked me is that Officetronics is selling products cheaper than I could get as a 10 Year dealer from Hewlett Packard. How I found out there prices are real low is because they are selling refurbished equipment cleaned up to look new. The products Officetronics are selling are cleaned up and the refurbished stickers are removed with some chemical or heatgun it looks like. After removing these labels they are erasing any indications of refurbished on the product. If you wonder why Officetronics for being the dinky company it is has the best prices is because they are selling refurb goods as new. Becareful the company is a total scam and a bust. I had a nightmare of a time returning the product and the owner of the company would not return my calls. Was told that the owner does not deal with its customers and that I would have to deal with his employees. His employees are very rude and the lady I spoke to sounded as though she didn't even care about what was going on within the company and that what they are doing is illegal and morally unethical. She reponded with "thats not my problem you need to deal with the owner and since he doesn't answer phone calls I am not sure what you are going to be able to do!" I was very shocked to hear such a commment made by any company. I recommend that if you have purchased anything from Officetronics you call the manufacturer and verify my review about this company and see if you too were scammed as many thousands of people have been online. Also my further research shows Philip Kim who is the owner of the company is trying to open many other .com companies to hide behind his lies. I have found very unique message board forum about taking this guy down for fraud and there is a large movement brewing to send him to jail for fraud and false advertisement. No matter where you go PHilip Kim or what company you may open us internet people will not stop writing reviews and letting others know about your deceptive practices. At the end of the day I still haven't recieved my refund from Officetronics and I have printer that I payed for that should have been New instead its refurbished without any warranty. Not worth the headache that Officetronics comes with when purchasing from this store. I recommend everyone to stay away from Officetronics.

• Rk
      6th of Oct, 2008

If you believe a disk drive in a machine has been refurbished and sold as new, there are certain forensic tests that can be performed to see if the disk has been in service before. The simpleest is SMART diagnostics that will tell you the total time a drive has been powered up, how many times it has been power cycled etc.

More sophisticated software can recover data most refurbishers can't take the time to completely remove. I was involved in one case thatgot some attention as the previous owners had "scrapped" the drives and the refurbisher had certified them as destroyed (lager mainframe computer). You can imagine the red faces... My advice is if you can "prove" a used drive was sold as new, you may have a third party just as interested in their data going public and going after Officetronics.

Believe it or not, IBM, many years ago was caught leasing hardware that had been traded in rom another company. The property tags were missed in the refurbishing, and the "new" owner noticed them during routine maint. IBM made good, but the practice is an old one in the computer business.

20th of Oct, 2008

Dear Fischer2340,

Officetronics is committed to its customer’s satisfaction and we are sorry to learn that you are unsatisfied with your purchase. We invite you to contact us immediately so that we can resolve any problems you have had with your purchase. We are committed to making your purchase with us a successful one. That is precisely why we have a 14 day return policy and we work with every customer within the period to make things right. We also help our customers after the 14 day policy with any warranty facilitations they need.

It has come to our attention that you have published your dissatisfaction on a third party website concerning our purported sale of a used product as new, which is not true. We do not sell used goods as new. If the product you purchased from us is not functioning, we invite you to contact us so that we may resolve the product issues you are experiencing. We do understand that goods sold occasionally have unforeseen manufacturer’s defects or other mechanical problems that are beyond our control. That is why we are committed to replacing products that have manufacturer’s defects or other malfunctions as well as refunding the purchase price on products that are defective.

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Fischer2340 in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.

Sincerely,

The Officetronics Customer Service Team

20th of Oct, 2008

Dear Joesph,

Officetronics is confident that it can resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently with your cooperation. We remain confident that our competitive prices and customer service make us an industry leader committed to servicing your needs. Thus, we are reaching out to you Joesph in an effort to resolve your dissatisfaction. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in this matter.

Sincerely,

The Officetronics Customer Service Team

• We
      29th of Oct, 2008

Officetronics at first looked to be a legit site. After ordering a Hewlett Packard L7680 I realized after using it and doing a test print. I noticed 400 pages were printed. This was very odd to me since Officetronics sold this unit as a brand new machine. Upon investigating I realized Officetronics had erased the refurbished stickers off the box of the machine as well as the "R" on the printer and the box. This company is a total scam and fraud. Anyone who has ordered from them and been scammed please report them to the FBI, Attorney General and FTC. This company is under investigation when I called one of these organizations. Officetronics is owned by a Philip Kim and they are defrauding anyone and everyone they can including Goverment organizations and even the Department of Defense. I am shocked to see they are still operating but I am sure the owner will be serving heavy jail time. I have researched alot about Officetronics online by search "officetronics fraud" and 5280 results came with thounsands of complaints. Complaints about Synnex who is selling these refurbished items and seems like they are knowingly selling these products to Officetronics so they can sale them as new. Synnex is very quetionable about there business practice. To Shopping comparison sites from Nextag, Pricegrabber, Ciao, Shopwiki, Resellerratings that removing negative reviews about Officetronics probably because Officetronics is paying big bucks for advertisement. Officetronics is knowingly committing fraud and a scam. The owner Philip Kim should be investigated for fraud. Anyone who has sold to him should be liable since they have been removing negative reviews and knowingly allowing him to advertise and sale these products. I urge anyone who has been defrauded to report this and let others know by writting anywhere you can.

• Ed
      18th of Jun, 2009

Officetronics is a company established in 2001 by Philip Kim. They company looks like a small mom and dad shop
    that operates by defrauding customers. There product lines are included on the bottom. There biggest scam and fraud scheme is selling refurbished and used equipment as new. With Hewlett Packard Products what they are doing is using heat guns to remove refurbished stickers off the boxes of the units. We know that Hewlett Packard denotes there products with the letter "R" at the end of each model number. Officetronics is erasing these letters to hide the refurbished status on these products. Officetronics is a total scam and a fraud. I suggest anyone dealing with Officetronics to check the serial number of your product by calling Hewlett Packard support and letting them know that the product you recieved could be refurbished so they can verify this information for you.
    Thousands of customers have been scammed by Officetronics and the fact they continue to operate in business is still mind boggling. When you search on Google about "officetronics" you can see hundreds of complaints have been made to the Attorney General and FTC about the level of fraud going on within Officetronics and yet they continue to do business. I believe that Officetronics who is owned by Philip Kim is fully aware of the fraud and continues to profit in large sums of money by defrauding the public. When I was defrauded by Officetronics there service was horrible by blaming me that I didn't know what I was talking about. I told Officetronics that Hewlett Packard Printer Division informed me the 10 printers I had bought from Officetronics were all REMANUFACTURED and not new as my sales rep at Officetronics had told me. The rep I spoke to at the time was a Lisa and she informed me that Officetronics was a authorized dealer of Hewlett Packard and that all the products they sold were in fact brand new with full warranty. The reason I found out these printers from Officetronics were refurbished was because when I went through troubleshooting that is when they notified me of the status of the printer. When I called to confront Officetronics there RMA guy was very rude and basically told me tough luck. No support was given by Officetronics and basically I was hung up on when I told them what they are doing is fraud. I am currently stuck with $8000.00 worth of equipment that is refurbished and not new from Officetronics as they had advertised. I have no recourse since they requested for that large dollar amount I pay with a wire transfer. At this point I am very fustrated with Officetronics and the fact the owner Philip Kim will not return my calls. Anyone who has done business with Officetronics I give you a fair warning stay away from Officetronics they are a scam and a fraud.