Office Of Financial Services &administration / Funds Securement Division / Are they playing with me offering bigs grants wichone i didnot ask for as far i remember

1 Hagerstown, MD, United States Review updated:

I agree, i keep getting mail with ofsa wanting me to send $20. 00 and or to address a 3x5 post card and send back the information requested which is a 1080 form but why should a person have to pay for the results of who grant funds will be released to and this is not a guarantee and if a person dos not pay for grant funds then nine times out of ten if one doe ssend in this 3x5 addressed card it says on the back they are not responsible for lost forms which means, your form probably gets thrown in the trash. Bbs says if you have to pay for ant winnings then it is a scam.

Pe

Comments

• Dj
      1st of Jun, 2009

If the BBS, say if you have to pay for winnings then its a SCAM, and complaints are made, why are these not investigated and SCAMMERS prosecuted, jailed, an put out of business? Or has this just become another American way of Free Enterprize, and the BBS only needs to make statements rather than action.

• Zo
      5th of Jun, 2009

I cannot understand how the U.S.Postal Service can participate by distributing these SCAM letters. I am sure that numerous sincere poor people will fall for this scam; after all $20 isn't all that much if you can hope for a large sum in return. But as stated in prior comments "if you have to pay for it, it's a SCAM. I hope everyone reads these comments and heeds the warning. Even I, who know better, have that little itch that just maybe I'll get a large sum back for just $20. DON'T DO IT. Rem

• Jb
      9th of Jun, 2009

S______C______A______M

• Do
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I recieved a letter saying funds are available from OSFA form 1080. All I have to do is send $20.00. How do I know it's not a scam? Sure $20.00 doesn't sound like much for the amount of money they are offering. But If you can't afford it if it's not for real, how can you afford to loose it/

• Fr
      9th of Jul, 2009

My elderly mother not only got this letter from OFSA, she is also getting numerous calls from another company. A man in Jamaica keeps telling her a box is coming. They want her to go to the nearest Western Union and wire them over $200. for "handling fees"...they had even googled the closest location for her to wire money. Despite numerous calls on her caller ID, the police and phone companies say to either change your phone number or don't answer when it rings 5 or 6 times a day at all hours. Also, a crime hasn't been committed until money goes to the place. There's also a place in Las Vegas sending out letters with the winning amounts matching the latest amounts of a magazine sweepstakes.

Frustratedbutvocal

• Bo
      15th of Jul, 2009

WOW! Am I glad I found this site -- I had the same letter in my mail 1/2 hour ago -- thought I'd look them up -- now I feel amply forewarned. And why somebody doesn't catch these thieves is beyond me, except that we seem to have some of our priorities askewed, and are working on other "more vital" matters ! ?? HUH ??? I'm tired of all the "stuff" that comes via USPS and email from offshore and otherwise trying to get funds to "give" us the hope of getting something in return. What's wrong with this picture ?? I'm a senior, only 2 years beyond retirement, not falling for the games, hopefully.

17th of Jul, 2009

I am glad that I read this! My boyfriend just called me to try and find out if this is a true thing or a scam, I think that it is a scam and anyone that gets to this page before doing anything don't do it!!! They just want the little bit of money that we are getting!!
    Just be smart and think first.

• Ap
      20th of Jul, 2009

I was at work and someone brought in this letter for us to check if the letter was real or a scam...After reaserch and looking up this information on line there is no information available. You need to shread the letter and any others that you recieve. If you are worried about Identity Theft visit my website. Contact me if you would like further details. www.prepaidlegal.com/go/aprilmsanchez. Have a good day!