Offerwire / rebate scam

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

The first week of January 2012 I ordered Comcast internet installation, and without even knowing it a company called Offerwire sold me a modem ($80) and router ($50), saying I would receive a full rebate on the equipment once I receive two billing statements from Comcast. I completed all their paperwork--cutting out the original labels from the box, copying the bills, and other petty proofs to mail in. It's not until March 15 and 22 that I receive two separate e-mails stating that I should click on a link to see the status of my rebate. The earlier e-mail link said I'd receive a $50 Visa debit card "within 4-6 weeks" (that's FOUR MONTHS after ordering the equipment), and the second e-mail link stated that the rebate (for the more expensive equipment) was denied because the proper S/N label was not enclosed, which was not true. Both Comcast and Offerwire companies collaborate to squeeze as much out of their customers as possible -- after the first six months' promotion period with Comcast, I'm canceling to find a company that's not too big for its britches.

Comments

• Ri
      16th of Apr, 2012

Absolutely confirm this Offerwire/Comcast scam. The EXACT same thing happened to me. I painstakingly collected all of their required documents and receipts, then mailed it as soon as the 2 billing cycles were finished. Offerwire still hasn't mailed my rebate SIX MONTHS after I purchased the modem. Just this week, they're saying that I sent in the wrong cover letter... the precise cover letter that they clearly put on their website. It is certainly their business practice to completely frustrate the rebate-holders until they just simply give up. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY OFFERWIRE REBATED ITEMS.

• Ro
      18th of Apr, 2012

File a complaint with the Florida Better Business Bureau.
    The Parent company is
    Bridgevine Inc.
    Vero Beach, FL
    You will be heard. That was the only way I received the $129.95 rebate offered (thou they still said I submitted it incorrectly.

• Mb
      20th of Jun, 2012

For anyone having problems, I work for Bridgevine and can resolve the rebate issue if you send me your order number and any other information that you may have regarding your order.
    Mike Bass
    Mike.[protected]@bridgevine.com

• N2
      7th of Feb, 2013

Victim of same scam. I ordered (nov 2012) comacast modem and router from them for 169.90$. I collected all of their required documents and receipts, then mailed it as soon as the 2 billing cycles were finished. Today i got an link to view my rebate status . I was shocked to see that they have deemed my rebate as invalid based on the below reason " they did not recieve a copy of my first two months comcast bill". This a complete lie. I submitted all the required documents which included the two month bills. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY OFFERWIRE REBATED ITEMS.

2nd of Jul, 2013

I will NEVER order anything from them again!! I have repeatedly called and provided my info to their horrible customer service to get no results and have done everything on my end and received nothing from them!! I will be filing a complaint with BBB!!! Beware!!!