Offerwire / Denied Rebate

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Offerwire has refused a valid request for a rebate on a Comcast D-link Cable Modem and Wireless router. The Comcast High Speed Internet Service and equipment was purchased thru Offerwire on October 30, 2017. All requirements to receive the rebates were fulfilled as required by Offerwire. I am a Comcast cable subscriber and have been for almost 8 years. Offerwire refused the rebates based on an invalid assumption that my home is in an invalid location. I am a Comcast subscriber and Comcast has cable services to my home. I am not in an invalid location.

I am frustrated with Offerwire because they are very difficult to contact to resolve the issues. Second, I have asked the Washington State Attorney General to help resolve the rebate issue. Unfortunately, Offerwire will not respond to them either.

Please help me get the rebates that I deserve from Offerwire. I have learned a lesson. That is never buying a product of service that involves rebates.

Comments

• We
      2nd of Feb, 2010

The same thing happened to me. They refused a valid request for a rebate on a Comcast D-link Cable Modem, but approved the rebate for the Wireless router. They gave the ridiculous reason with invalid purchase location.

9th of Feb, 2010

I'm sorry that you are having problems with your rebate. I'm an employee of Bridgevine which owns OfferWire and may be able to get this issue resolved for you. Please email me your order confirmation number and any other information that you may have and I'll personally look into this matter for you.

• Ta
      27th of Feb, 2010
    Offerwire - Offerwire No refund even on timely submission
    Offerwire Rebates

Hi,

I ordedered D-Link Modem and Wireless Router under the mail-in Rebate program at the Charter Website and not sure how I slipped into Bridgevine website and finally received the confirmation email for my order from Bridgevine. Anyway, I paid online and received the equipments and got them installed within a weeks time of my order date on 11th Nov 2017. I also completed all the required documetations and submitted them in time along with two months bills from Charter to Offerwire on 19th and 21st of Dec 2017.
    After 12 weeks, I received the letter from offer wire saying the installation was invalid as it was not done within time. After I called them, they agreed that my submission was correct and to re-process my claims. Now, its over 2 months and I am calling them every 10th day and they are not able to respond me with any answer. They are justmentioning that my case has been reffered to some specialist and I should call in another 10 days. They do not have any escalation matrix, and there is no corporate office of the company called Offerwire. You will never be able to reach to the higher aauthorities since its all fake.
    Although, I received the $10 Manufacturer's rebate, Offerwire seems to be a cheat company and never do refunds. I wonder how the company like Charter get these kind of bluff companies invlove under there banner.
    It should be the responsibility of Charter to make sure the companies attached under there banner do not do these kind of cheatings to have a negative impact. Atleast I am not going to buy anything from Charter website online deals.

• Sp
      9th of Mar, 2010

I had my rebate requests denied several times for several different reasons, all of which were ridiculous. At one point they said they would escalate my complaint and send in to their corporate office, but when I didn't hear back for a while I called and they said the complaint had never been sent on. I was able to get my rebates by talking to two different supervisors and threatening to sue them. It's a mess; I couldn't believe some of the reasons they were giving me for claiming my rebate was invalid.

16th of Mar, 2010
    Offerwire - Not giving refund that was promised
    California

I called to sign up for COMCAST internet, and for some reason while looking for a local number (I should have called them direct) I was put in touch with Offerwire, who offered to connect me and promised a $75 dollar rebate for signing up through them. I was told to call them next month.

The following month I called for the promised rebate and was told I would need to submit three months bills to qualify for refund. After three months I called in again and they said my time limit had expired to qualify for the refund, and said that I only needed two months and the offer expired after 60 days.

They denied any record of me calling and refused to be helpful at all.

I didn't expect a refund but I don't know who these shady people are but whatever they promise you it's not worth it. Judging from my experience and those of others on here, avoid Offerwire and go direct.

• Dl
      2nd of Apr, 2010
    Offerwire - Fake Deal/ Won't honor rebate
    OfferWire
    Jersey City
    New Jersey

I did a google search to find internet providers in Jersey City and clicked on Comcast under Magic Yellow Pages. I didn't know this led me to only an authorized dealer and not Comcast directly. Offerwire sold us an internet plan that did not actually exist anymore. When we called them back to update them on the plan we actually ended up getting set-up w/ Comcast so we could have our rebate honored, they said there was nothing they could do to honor the rebate. They said that since the plan we ended up with, which actually costs more than the plan they had supposedly sold to us, is not what they originally sold us, they cannot honor the rebate. I've never dealt w/ an authorized dealer of internet services before so I didn't know to look out for this type of scam. Make sure you order directly w/ the internet company because OfferWire does not even know when they sell a plan that the internet company is not offering anymore or they don't care that they sell invalid plans. OfferWire is a SCAM!!

• We
      29th of Apr, 2010

I thought I was signing up through AT&T when I called Offerwire, and only found out months later when trying to get my rebate that they were a different company. They told me when I signed up to wait at least a couple months before sending in my rebate because I wouldn't qualify for it until I had a couple statements with AT&T first.

They didn't tell me about the deadline which would basically give me that one month window of time. When I went to the site they gave me, the deadline had passed. When I called their customer service, they wouldn't budge even though they had effectively misled me about what I really needed to do for the rebate.

I got in a frustrating argument with the manager in customer service at Offerwire, Bernadette, where she kept saying that the agents aren't required to tell us any deadlines for the rebate, and as long as they tell us the website to look at for the rebate, they did their responsibility. This was how she responded every time I questioned their policy about not telling us the deadline while telling us we will actually have to wait a couple months before we will qualify for a rebate.

Finally, I spoke to customer service at AT&T and they took all the information I saw here about Bridgevine and Mark Ballard. Maybe they'll disallow Offerwire to be vendors for AT&T, with their questionable business practice.

• Yy
      4th of May, 2010
    Offerwire - Poor Servie Offerwire
    Texas

I ordered Time Warner Cable Internet service from them. In the advertisement, it stated that the monthly charge would be $34.95, and the speed would be up to 15Mbps. What I actually got is Road Runner Basic 3Mbps, and $39.99 per month.
    I called time warner cable three times, and they said I ordered from offerwire, and the promotion was also offered by Offerwire. I should call them directly.
    Then I called Offerwire three times to ask for solving this issue. The first two times, they had been telling me to wait, they had already filed this issue, and would get back to me when it is solved. I waited one month. No one called me, and no one solved my problem. So the third time, I called back to Offerwire again. After a long conversation, the customer service didn't ask me to wait, but ask me to call time warner cable again.
    I told her I had been kicked around several times, but no one wanted to be responsible for the problem. But she insisted I just call time warner cable directly, and nothing she could do.
    I feel I was fooled by both sides, and all they did was jut kicking me around and pushed their responsibilities away.
    I will never order any service from OfferWire again. I will never recommend OfferWire to any of my friends, neighbors, and any of you. NEVER, OFFERWIRE!!!

• Vi
      17th of Jun, 2010

OFFERWIRE IS A VERY SHADY ORGANIZATION!!! I thought i was calling Comcast and had no idea I was dealing with Offerwire. During my 30 minute conversation they acted like they were Comcast and never told me otherwise. I was never told where to find my rebates so I called Comcast and they said I must have been talking to a different company because they don't offer rebates. I looked at my credit card statement and saw I was billed by Offerwire. After dodging a bunch of other "offers" while trying to register on their site I finally found the rebate. The stipulations on the rebate make it almost impossible to redeem. You have to have it in within 90 days of calling them, but you have to wait until you have 2 months of your comcast bill. This is hard to do because you have to wait for the product to arrive in the mail and for comcast to come to your home to install. By the time you have this done, plus have received 2 months of bills in the mail you are lucky if you're still under the 90 days. Plus if you wait only a couple days you will definitely not make it.

I bet only about 10% of people that sign up for these purchases actually successfully redeem their rebates. This company is designed to make money solely on the fact that it so extremely hard for you to redeem your rebate that they will never have to pay you for it.

• 19
      3rd of Jul, 2010
    Offerwire - service not received
    offerwire
    5331 S McCreedy Ave
    Cudahy
    Wisconsin
    Phone: 414-581-5777

I paid for an address change for an elderly aunt who is in a nursing home. Her address was 3448 S 44th Street, Greenfield WI 53219.
    The address it was changed to was 5331 S McCreedy Ave, Cudahy WI 53110. I contacted via internet on June 25th, 2017. It was charged to my Chase Amazon Credit card on June 27., 2017. I called the Greenfield post office on July 2, 2017 and they had not received a request. This is a scam because the postoffice only charges $1.00 for an address change and this charge was $6.50 for service never performed.

• Gu
      15th of Jul, 2010
    Offerwire - Return

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH OFFERWIRE!

The modem I ordered turned out not to be compatible with my Comcast connection. When I called Offerwire to get return instructions, I got "the run around". They wanted to trouble shoot the modem!!! I told them, "there's nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't work with my system". Then I was told I couldn't get a refund but I could exchange it for the same modem...these people are idiots!!! After going round and round with the person I was talking to; I asked to speak to his supervisor. ( I think) they just put some random employee on the phone who spoke in a thick accent that I could not understand. Long story short, I didn't get anywhere with the supervisor (because I couldn't understand him) and I still have the modem.

23rd of Jul, 2010

I was stunned to learn today that VISA and the bank that issues my credit card, US Bank, see no problem with what Offerwire is doing.

According to the Cardmember Service person at US Bank, they and VISA see no basis for action against an entity that systematically deceives consumers into believing that they are dealing with one entity (in my case Comcast) when in fact the entity is Offerwire.

The Cardmember Service person made it clear that, no matter how many times Offerwire pulls this off, "it is the consumer's responsibility to know who they are dealing with" and US Bank and VISA do not consider it to be any kind of fraud if Offerwire successfully presents itself as Comcast.

So Offerwire appears to have developed the perfect fraud--one that VISA and US Bank support.

25th of Sep, 2010
    Offerwire - Close to fraud
    Tennessee

Offerwire provides buying incetives for companies like Charter Communications, Comcast, Netflex and many others. They provide incentives (rebates) as a reward to subscribing to services or purchasing products. If you see Offerwire on anything - RUN!
    I made the mistake of ordering Charter service through Offerwire in May 2017. It is now late September 2017 and still no rebates. What's worse is that they require documents to submit for the rebate that you won't have. I had to contact them numerous times and until I got ugly, received no response.
    They claim my rebates are actually in process and I will receive them. The earliest one will mail is October 14th!
    They really don't want to pay the rebates and I believe they wait until you may forget about the rebate before they even consider processing. I wonder if I'd ever receive the rebates if I didn't call frequently.

Offerwire = rip off! Order through another source.

22nd of Oct, 2010
    Offerwire - Never delivered promised rebate
    California
    offerwire.com

I submitted an order for Comcast service through Offerwire, and was promised a free modem with rebate as well as a rebate for ordering Comcast TV + Internet (double play). After a week with no modem arriving, I called to check on the status only to find out that my order had been cancelled. I spent many hours on the phone with different reps, and never was successful getting a supervisor on the phone. Was given the following reasons for the cancellation from different reps:
    1) I cancelled the order (did I really? did I forget to tell myself this?)
    2) I already had comcast service (I did not, I ordered service after my Offerwire order had completed and under their explicit instruction)
    3) My order was cancelled because the modem was not compatible and it would not be fair to charge me for an incompatible modem (then why is it still offered on the offerwire site? calling comcast tech, they said a list of compatible modems is available and includes over 1, 000 models -- of course Offerwire had no response to this)
    4) I had TV service, so I should redo my order only for internet (I was not told this before, and NO I did not have TV service before ordering with Offerwire)

In the end I was not charged anything, but I still feel cheated as I am now subscribed to comcast without any rebates, and I cannot now apply for any other rebate offers from different companies since I do have service now.
    NEVER EVER EVER deal with anything from www.offerwire.com! Waste of life!!

• Un
      3rd of Nov, 2010

What is Comcasts response to this deceiptful practise? Somebody should have to honor this. I have had service for over 1 year and still have not received my rebates.

This tactic did help in swaying me to receive the rebates. It was suppose to be a $30.00 rebate and a $200.00 rebate or a notebook, I chose the notebook and have received neither.

I feel that Comcast is letting OfferWire continue this corrupt practice why shouldn't Comcast be ultimately responsible for their actions. Why should it be up to me the consumer, hello what ever happened to I'm the customer!!!

A very unhappy customer of Comcast, soon to be a non-customer!!!

• Yp
      9th of Nov, 2010

Website does not provide order confirmation. Call three times for order confirmation copy. Promised to send but never did.

• Da
      15th of Nov, 2010

I couldn't agree with you more and the exact same thing happened to me. Charter should be ashamed for being associated with OfferWire and those of us who got taken, should get some type of compensation from Charter. I for one and writing to Charter about this experience and if they will not offer to help resolve it my satisfaction, I'll just have to cancel our services. If enough of us speak up about this, maybe something will change. Good luck to you.

• Lo
      23rd of Dec, 2010

I have a similar experience. They play games by giving you a list os items before they will honor the rebate. But it takes two months to compile the list. Once compiled, they refuse the rebate based upon information not submitted and not part of the origianl check list. I complained to Charter and they actually gave me my refund in exchange for free service. My guess is they've had more people compain. I think we need to all contact the Attorney General and have them file suit against OfferWire and prohibit them from operating in the state.

3rd of Jan, 2011

If you have a specific problem please let me know. I am an employee of Bridgevine and may be able to help. Please email me your order confirmation number and I will look into this matter for you.

25th of Jul, 2011
    Offerwire - no rebate given
    Ohio

Basically, the same complaint as everyone else. I didn't even know I was dealing with offerwire. I thought I was dealing directly with Time Warner. Once I placed the order, I was informed tha someone would be contacting me about installation. everything went smooth other than I was trying to figure out who I was doing business with. I couldn't understand who Offerwire was since I was attempting to order through Time Warner. To get the rebate, I had to have 2 full months invoices to send to Offerwire. I waited the 2 months and sent in everything that I was suppose to send. I recieved the info back stating that I had not met the deadline to mail in the rebate. I explained tat I was waiting on the invoicing of the 2 months service. They basically had no regard for this at all. As far as I'm concerned this offer is a hoax. They offer a rebate that they are fully intending NOT to pay. TIME WARNER I HOPE YOU REALIZE THIS COULD EFFECT YOUR BUSINESS SINCE YOU CHOOSE TO ALLOW THEM TO OFFER SERVICES. DO NOT DEAL WITH OFFERWIRE!!!

• Mi
      13th of Sep, 2011
    Offerwire - Misleading
    Florida

I thought i was talking to Comcast they never mentioned they were offerwire when Comcast came to install my package they new none of the details I'm sure my bill will be a total mess. The charge that showed up on my credit card was $25.00 higher than quoted for the Modem & Router I thought I was buying from comcast. I have little hope of getting my rebates as stated by others on this site. It took 4 phone calls to finally get someone on phone at offerwire TOTAL RIPOFF why does Comcast let these people exist

3rd of Nov, 2011

I am an employee of Bridgevine. Offerwire is a website that we operate. If you are having a problem with your order please email me any information you may have and I'll personally look into this the issue and help get it resolved.

3rd of Nov, 2011
    Offerwire - Not paying rebates as promised
    OfferWire
    Saint Paul
    Minnesota

I have had nothing but problems trying to get my rebates. First they said I did not turn in all required info, I had kept a copy of ALL of it and sent it again. Now they are claiming that Comcast told them I ordered through a different affiliate, which I did not, and Comcast tells me that they did not tell OfferWire that either. I sent them all the confirmation emails and receipts and still they are stonewalling me. These people are crooks and everyone who has gotten screwed by them should get together and file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and try to get a class action suit going against them. This company is nothing more than scam artists and thieves! And to top it off their stupid router never worked properly and I had to get a different one from another place!

29th of Nov, 2011
    Offerwire - Rip off
    Offerwire

Offerwire = rip off! Order through another source.

• Du
      5th of Dec, 2011
    Offerwire - Affiliate not honoring promised rates
    Albuquerque
    New Mexico

Although OfferWire.com found me a good rate for Comcast Digital Starter TV service with the HD option, Comcast did *not* honor those rates. Over my 2 year Comcast agreement I'll be paying $108 more than OfferWire.com offered me. I spoke to OfferWire.com customer service and was told that in the end Comcast has full control over whether or not they will honor OfferWire.com rates. That caveat was NEVER mentioned on the OfferWire website nor in the offer email they emailed me. So I'm getting a little better rate than the regular Comcast promotions, but it feels like a bait-and-switch. What good is a discount offer if, when used, it turns out not to be real?

30th of Dec, 2011

If you are having problems with your rebate please email me your order number. Offerwire is a product of Bridgevine Inc.

30th of Dec, 2011

I just got my rebates. I waited more than 4 months but they did finally arrive.

• Ca
      11th of Feb, 2012
    Offerwire - Rebate not honored
    Manchester
    Georgia

As others have indicated on this site, I signed up for new Charter Internet service and accepted the offer for a new modem and router which would be free after a mail-in rebate. I sent all of the original documentation that was required. I received notification that a $50 prepaid card would be sent for one of the items, but that the other rebate ($79.95) was invalid due to a missing original serial number. The problem is since I actually sent them the original, I now do not have an original to send. I have done many rebates in my life, and have NEVER had a problem before.
    I believe that either this is done either deliberately to avoid paying out the rebate, or there is serious negligence in their office. In either case, the $80 rebate that I had to jump through hoops for, I will not be getting. I think this is an unfair practice at the very least, perhaps worse. There may be enough people that have experienced this problem for a class action lawsuit. Something needs to be done.

• Co
      18th of Feb, 2012
    Offerwire - no rebate sent

Denied one of my two rebates sent in for. Sent to same address one accepted the other for no reason not accepted. They are liars about what they will and will not do

16th of Mar, 2012

If you are having a problem with your rebate please email me your order number and I will personally look into this matter.

Thanks

• Je
      19th of Mar, 2012

I had sent an email to Mr Mark Ballard and he immediately asked an associate to look into this matter. Thanks Mr Ballard. I will wait for the results.

• Da
      19th of Apr, 2012
    Offerwire - Refusing to give rebate
    Massachusetts

The company has refused to give $120 in promotional rebates stating that I did not maintain the service a min. of 60 days.
    I ordered my Comcast service thru offerwire and continue to have the service since I ordered it 5 months ago.
    I called and they said they had straigtened it out and to call back in 3 weeks.
    Three weeks later and they have no record of call and state that I didnt order my service thru them!
    I ordered $120 in equipment with 100% rebate and then I cancel and order the same day on my own so I can lose my rebate. OK.
    They make you run thru hoops to qualify for rebate with multiple forms and restrictions. Then find another reason to deny your rightful rebate. WHAT A SCAM. Don't ever order thru Offerwire as you will surely never recieve your rebate. They will just keep your money.

20th of May, 2012
    Offerwire - rebate denied
    Portland
    Oregon

Don't go for their "rebate" scam associated with Comcast. I submitted the required documents EXACTLY as specified and they denied my rebate. When I called, they said they "misunderstood" my documents. Unbelievable. Three months and no rebate. AVOID.

• Ts
      4th of Jun, 2012
    Offerwire - poor malfunctioning equipent/ no install
    offerwinre
    Florida

DO NOT EVER SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING WITH OFFERWIRE...EVER. ...this is a scam...was billed 174ish dollars immediately for bunk equipment, that arrived quickly though i was only able to get internet installed TWO WEEKS later, by calling comcast directly. I have spoken with 10+ customer service reps( lost count really...just a general estimate.) I had to force another company (linksys) associated with offerwire to make good on there name and reputation and finally declared the equipment malfunctioning (the modem linksys e900 never would connect to the internet had to buy the comcast modem, and the wireless device preforms remarkably below advertised level. i was also signed up for 'gamehouse' a gaming service that billed me even after i lamely attempted to decline service through offerwire and comcast. gamehouse told me they have a no refund policy but then refunded me anyway (?) (whew). the only way i have been able to recoop from this debacle has been extreme patience and 8+ hrs of phone calls (estimate...have lost count) plus extra cost of having to buy modem and router. IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU CALL A COMCAST MANAGER AND ENCOURAGE THEM NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH OFFERWIRE...DON'T STOP TILL YOU GET YOU MONEY BACK FROM OFFERWIRE ...you can do it

SIGNED

EXHAUSTED

• Mb
      12th of Jun, 2012

t.scott.beckett,

I am sorry you are having problems with your order, I work for Bridgevine and may be able help resolve any issues you might have. Please email me your order number and any other information that you may have regarding this order.

Mike Bass