Offerwire / Charter / Rebate Scam

1 MN, United States Review updated:

Ordered cable tv through Offerwire in May and then began the nightmare of submitting and resubmitting rebate forms for $150 & $40 Visa gift cards. Offerwire had verbal told me in October that my resubmission was valid and I should expect to receive the Visa cards in 4-6 weeks. When nothing came, I called Offerwire again, and they said the order was invalid for the 4th time! Now they are claiming that I was a past customer and that their offer was only good for new customers. I'm sure it's been over 10 years since I had cable and at no time was I told this would prevent the rebate. I don't know why Charter even works with such a disgraceful company and if we had the option of switching to another cable company we would. Since I'm not under contract, I have half a mind to drop our services. We spend $150 a month for Charter, so would it have killed them to let us have a one month rebate. Both companies should be investigated for fraud by trying to lure people in with rebates they will never honor.

Comments

• Ve
      3rd of Jan, 2011

Dawn,

Are you still having this problem? I am an employee of Bridgevine and may be able to help you. Please email me your order confirmation number and I'll look into this matter for you.

Regards
    Mark Ballard
    mark.[protected]@bridgevine.com

• Ev
      18th of Mar, 2011

I had the same problem with Offerwire after submitting my rebates. I had to call three different times to check on my rebates, and one of them was returned for being invalid. Luckily I had scanned in everything before sending it in, so I sat on the phone with the rep and emailed it to him so he could see they were in the wrong. Five months after I submitted the rebates, I finally received the third one... and it was for the wrong amount!!! It was $10 less than the rebate. I gave up dealing with such ignorant people, and will never fall for another second class rebate system again in the future. I'd rather pay the extra money then deal with y'all.

• Ve
      3rd of Nov, 2011

I'm sorry that you are having problems with your rebate. I'm an employee of Bridgevine and may be able to get this issue resolved for you. Please email me your order confirmation number and any other information that you may have and I'll personally look into this matter for you.

Regards