OEM Parts Warehouse / Bad service

I'm writing this review in hope of saving someone else from the frustrating
experience I've had with www.TheOEMPartsStore.com.

On August 4th I had ordered a part for the Landing Gear on my 5th Wheel Camper. I was told at the time of placing the order that it would take an additional 5 days in excess of the normal 4 to 5 days as the part had to come from the manufacturer. I quickly agreed to this and made my $60.35 purchase.

After 17 days I began calling TheOEMPartsStore to get status on my parts. I was first told that I was lying about the timeline and that the notes indicated I was quoted 14 days for delivery. Aside from the fact that 17 days had passed and the part was overdue, this was a lie and the point at which I started to worry about what I had gotten myself into. I was told the delay was in the shipping from the manufacturer.

From here things only got worse. Most of the times I would call no live person would answer the phone. I'd be forced to leave a voicemail and await a callback. On many occasions after finally reaching someone, I was promised a callback either later in the day or the next day. Most of these never came and involved yet another follow up call on my part.

During the week of 8/18 I finally had yet another hard commitment from TheOEMPartsStore. They assured me the part would ship on 8/25, and that since the manufacturer was shipping directly to me I would still receive it that same week. By 8/27 I had received no communication from TheOEMPartsStore indicating the part had shipped so I called. Of course I was told yet again my part hadn't shipped and they had dropped the ball on following this up with me. I requested a refund at this
point and the store employee asked that I give him the opportunity to try one last time to expedite my order and see if he could get it to me the same week. I reluctantly agreed that I'd keep the order if they knew they could get me the part the same week. I awaited my callback all day on 8/17 which never came.

At approx 5PM on 8/17 I placed yet another call to TheOEMPartsStore. I was told the the part would ship that day. Unfortunately it was never intended to ship directly to me as promised by TheOEMPartsStore employee and would not arrive the same week. The part had to go to TheOEMPartStore and then to me.

At this point I requested a full refund. I was told that I couldn't have a refund. When I threatened to expose the truth about TheOEMPartsStore with online reviews I was told I'd be sued for slander.

So far 23 days waiting...still no part in site. I would NOT recommend anyone EVER do business with TheOEMPartsStore. This business obviously has very little process in place with respect to order processing and follow up and is by far the most unethical company I've ever dealt with. I still have no faith that I'll ever receive my part.

Ke

Comments

• Th
      1st of Sep, 2009

Hi, I AM THE NEW OWNER OF THE OEM PARTS STORE!!!

My name is Marc Ledder i am the new owner of the oem parts store as august 16th, 2009
    first of all i want everyone to know that we are not a scam company, we are a real corporation. There was some issues with the previous owner, the previous owner was victim of a large financial scam, a long story short it forced the previous owner to sell the company to recoop enough funds to be able to protect the customers of the oem parts store. The company was sold to me, and we have been working day, and night to make sure that every customer gets what they ordered.
    i bought the company on august 16th, 2009 and i have taken even more money out of my own pocket to peronally see to it that the customers are taken care of. I have used my own money to get customers their orders that were placed prior to august 16th.
    I have taken every minute of spare time to email, and call all the customers that were waiting to make sure they were aware of what had happened, and that we were taking care of everything. at this point we have caught up, and i GUARANTEE THAT THE OEM PARTS STORE IS A REAL BUSINESS, AND NOT A SCAM COMPANY. You can never make everyone happy, but i can promise that i have tried to make every customer happy to the best of my ability. i have had some customers call me in recent days to thank me because they had received their orders in one, and two business days.----- WE ARE UP AND RUNNING AT FULL STEAM, AND EVERY CUSTOMER THAT COMES TO THE OEM PARTS STORE WILL BE TREATED WITH UPMOST RESPECT, AND COURTESY. if anyone needs to contact me please do so at customerservice@toemps.com

• Vt
      30th of Sep, 2010

i ordered parts on sept 7 2010 paid with paypal they recieved payment on the 8th. it is now sept 30th and no sign of my parts. I am sure I will have to open a claim with paypal. I have ordered a lot of stuff online, usually takes a week maybe two never three.