Odyseey Streaming Radio / Fraud!

Phone: 1-800-441-9678

I hooked up my first computer this past september 07, And I have been paying14.95 each month for something I never ordered, Odyssey Streaming Radio. At first I thought it was part of my internet fee, because AT+T did not bill me every month, When I called odyssey [protected] they told me I ordered it, but I would have remembered this and I searched my computer for the file and found nothing. I of course canceled it, they told me I would get a refund next month etc, for just this month, however I feel a full refund since september would be more appropriate, considering I never used the service or have no servers out there that can show this. I asked OdysseyStreamingRadio.com which does not come up.according to odyssey, that is there website. I wanted to log on to that site to see if I recognized it, but it would not come up according to my computers search engine. I talked to the phone company, after calling odyssey and reported it as fraud.

Comments

• La
      12th of Apr, 2008

I just found out this company has charged my telephone bill a $14.95 charge on March 1. I've never heard of this company, either, and haven't downloaded any streaming radio software from them. I called and left them a message (it's the weekend and they are closed until Monday) and will follow up with calls to both this company and to AT&T.

• Ro
      14th of Apr, 2008

I just heard of this company this morning when my wife woke me up to ask if I had signed up for any streaming satellite music service that was going to be charging our phone bill $14.95 a month. Apparently, she had gotten a confirmation phone call from this Odyssey Streaming Music, saying that I had signed up for the service over the weekend, and they wanted to "make sure" it was okay to charge the phone bill.

I certainly never signed up for this. I don't have any thing that I've recently downloaded that even remotely resembles a satellite radio streaming service. This is all sounding extremely fishy to me. We're going to check our next phone bill to make sure this "confirmation call" did what it was supposed to do. And maybe a call to AT&T.

• Pe
      24th of Apr, 2008

Off their web site, I've tried to cancel Odyssey Streaming Radio. However all I get is 'Server Error message'.
    We called AT&T and reported that we did not order this, it was taken off our bill for February. There was no charge for the month of March however it is back for April. Will be calling AT&T and 1-800-441-9678

• Do
      6th of Jul, 2008

I also found the same type of billing on my phone bill. It had been going on since May.I did fine there web site it is ;
    http.//odsseystreamingradio.com/
    I e-mailed them and told them I had not given anyone permission to bill my phone company. I told them that I expected credit on my phone bill or I will call the Better Business Bureau and tell them all about how they are defauding people.I am also calling my phone company and telling them about it too. I hope this helps someone.

• Da
      9th of Aug, 2008

My husband and I are going throught he same thing. We never signed up or agreed to this service. I cannot not even find the service on the web! This could be one of those so-calledfree trials and then you get billed things? Anyways, I am cancelling it and telling AT&T that if there is ever a class ation law suit against them for this I am in!!!

• Th
      7th of Oct, 2008

I just happened to check my bill for AT&T to find out what I owe before I switch over to Uverse. Here I find the same Odyssey Streaming Radio bill for $14.95 plus taxes. I immediately called them and gave the operator the riot act. I never ordered it, no one in my house ordered it. They claim it was under one of my email addresses... one that I stopped using 7 years ago because it was so spammed. I demanded every penny back they ever charged me, and that I'd report them to the BBB.

For anyone else who gets this or other similar mystery charges on your bill, I highly recommend calling the number that comes with the bill, cancel it, and report them to the BBB. This is not the first company to put mystery charges on my home phone bill. I've had to do this to about 3 other companies in 3 years.

• Ph
      28th of Oct, 2008

I was going through my mother's telephone bill to pay it (oct '08) and saw this charge for $14.95 for Odyssey streaming radio- she was unaware of it and had no idea what it was for. We went back through her previous bills and found that she was being charged for this since Feb '08. At&t referred her to contact Odyssey (though they said they would back charge Odyssey if they did not agree to credit the account). My mother called Odyssey - who tried to say she must have signed up for it while completeing "something" online... Though they QUICKLY agreed to refund all chrages for this service that was NEVER signed up for. This company sounds like a SCAM- call immediately to have it cancelled and demand ALL of your $ be credited back to your phone bill.

• Di
      31st of Oct, 2008

### fake ### odyssey bye bye and have a good day ###

• Di
      31st of Oct, 2008

iam the ceo of odyssey and i just wanted to say thanx ### for paying for my house and car note thanks for letting me scam your ### o it was so sweet like taking candy from a baby . by the way u should all feel stupid for getting rip off

• Pm
      12th of Nov, 2008

I have been informed ATT has a contract with them. Are there two companies with this name "Oan Services" streaming radio?
    ATT should investigate their ties with this company. I do not agreee with a few of the gramical non-educated responces.

• Er
      17th of Nov, 2008

I was billed for service from odyseey two times but I didnot pay the bills.I called them and asked for there fcc radio operating liscense id number, ofcorse they gave me an adderess to write to get that information, when I serched for the address online it turned out to be a vacant lot.

• Ic
      10th of Mar, 2009

I was also victimized by this scam.I would suggest everyone to call your service provider and block all third party billings.

• Mi
      5th of Oct, 2009

IMPORTANT! You must call AT&T and BLOCK all THIRD PARTY BILLING. That means scammers like Odyssey will NOT be able to bill your account for anything. DO IT NOW. You can't wait until someone bills you for something you did not order. DO IT NOW. It's the only way to protect yourself. I have had at least 5 companies try to bill me for services I never ordered and do not need, including Odyssey. I had to call each one, get their confirmation number for canceling the service WHICH I NEVER ORDERED, and then I had to call AT&T and make sure they had the information.

This is all the fault of AT&T because they KNOW what is going on and they refuse to ask for verification before they bill your number, and of course YOU are expected to read every item on your bill before you pay it. AT&T knows y0u did not order a service but STILL they continue to offer this third party billing to scammers like Odyssey.

DO IT NOW--call AT&T and tell them you do NOT want your phone bill to ever be billed for anything without your prior consent. That means NO THIRD PARTY BILLING!!!

• Ge
      12th of Nov, 2011

I have had this same problem.
    I hope that these people end up in prison because this is a scam.