ODS Health Insurance / Crooks

I applied to ODS health insurance and the only reply that they ever sent back to me was that my application was under review. Almost TWO months passed before an email told me that my application had been approved. But they never sent me anything. No ID membership card, no info packet, no nothing. After awhile I called in to ask them what was going on. They told me they sent the packet. After I explained to them that no packet was received they told me they would send another one. A couple more months passed and guess what? NO PACKET! At this point I just assumed that ODS was not interested in my business, so I went with another company (Pacificsource) who provided immediate results. I thought that the issue was resolved when Lo and Behold, I find out that they had been taking the monthly premiums out of my account for the past four months without my knowledge. I sent an angry email to ODS, and guess what?. . . nothing! I had to have my bank block them from taking my money. Stay away from these crooks!!!

Sa

Comments

• Ji
      9th of Aug, 2009

• Sk
      28th of Feb, 2011

How funny, I actually had the opposite situation. I applied to Pacific Source a month ago and they are still dragging their feet. I applied to ODS two weeks ago and am already accepted. Needless to say, I cancelled my application with Pacific Source. ODS also has better rates with a lower deductible and no copay for the plan I am on.

18th of Feb, 2012

They are denying legitimate claim benefits. They are crooks when managing major city government accounts. Anchorage Municipality switched to ODS and they have attempted to deny claims for many different reasons.