Odenza / Rip-off!

1 4445 Eastgate Mall, 2nd FloorSan Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

Odenza sells vouchers to companies that offer them to people like me who come to listen to a presentation about a product they would like to sell.

Odenza promises in writing in their brochure that you send $50 and they will book 2 night hotel from a list of cities. We chose Orlando and we chose a date excluding week end and holidays (many limitations, not convenient). May be a month later they called us to ask us an extra $40 + insurance for 2 nights in the Howard Johnson Maingate Resort, Kissimmee FL. So we are now $90 out.

Now when we went on the hotel website, we realize that it cost $45 a night to reserve to the hotel directly and without restrictions.

These people are thieves, they sell a voucher, collect money and charge you full price+!!!

Truly, don't waist your time, don't do business with these unethical deceitful greedy folks!!!

I am looking into legal action; these people should not do business!!!

Many more complaits out there, many people are taking advantage of!!!

Va

Comments

Mc
  10th of Jun, 2011

Here is a link about Odenza marketing/star rebates who are based in Burnaby BC but have "shell companies" in the US. This appears to be a Ponzi scheme. Just Google "Odenza, Star Rebates, Ripoff, scheme" and you will see what I mean.

here is a link to a story about this company out of Seattle:

www.kirotv.com/money/28113836.detail.html

here is the company website:

www.odenza.com

Re
  16th of Jun, 2011

I agree 100%. I also feel that this company"ODENZA" is unethical and a scam! They promise people free trips, cruises and Southwest Airlines (for 2) with the intention to frustrate peopling into not taking the free trip. I followed the instructions for two free Southwest Airlines tickets by sending the $50 deposit. Now they want me to send $58 and choose 5 different weeks that I want to travel. It was only suppose to take 30 advance notice for the trip. All of a sudden, after I send them the $58 it will take another 60 days for the reservations to even be scheduled. Wow! Really? This company is not serious! They are full of games and by the time you keep sending in money...you will have paid for the free trip. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME PEOPLE!!! THEY REALLY ARE A SCAM!

Instructions from Odenza.com website: What! Really?! This people can't be serious!

Please provide 5 different possible travel weeks below. Please note that promotional departures will take place on a Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday only and will return two days after departure. The dates you provide below will identify your 5 different travel weeks and not a specific date. Travel is not permitted during any State or Federal Holiday. Please note that you must allow at least 30 days for mailing and processing so do not select a date within 60 days from the day you mail this letter. There must be a minimum gap of 30 days between the travel weeks you request. Please note that your requested weeks must fall within the validity period of your promotional offer or your program will not be valid for travel.

Tk
  27th of Jun, 2011

Be a cautious consumer, nothing in life is free, and there are few truly great deals out there. Odenza is a business trying to make money, they are middle men, so I knew I should check it out first. After I sent my $50 I got a letter that said there was more fees. So I looked into it, there are multiple reports that people went on a cruise and it cost them a little more than getting making there own plans. I could schedule a cruise cheaper by my self or through and agent. I sent my letter back with a note saying no thank you, please send my deposit. I recieved my deposit back within 3 weeks.

Mc
  28th of Jun, 2011

Oh really? So when businesses and charities buy these vouchers from odenza as marketing and fundraisers odenza makes $$$. Then they charge the person who either gets the voucher as part of a "rebate program" or purchases it from an unsuspecting charity, they pay their processing fee, save their receipts, and then get no response from Star Rebates/Odenza...they also perpetuate a myth they are somehow working in conjunction with Fortune 500 companies and use their logos on their literature. Odenza doesn't do anything for free...they collect money from both sources and fail to deliver on their promises...

12th of Dec, 2011

We fell for the scam as well: sent in the initial $50 and then sent in another money order for the remainder of the fees we were not forewarned about. Also keep in mind that they don't take checks, only money orders, they are not traced or recorded... hm. Our trip was then cancelled because of Hurricane Irene and we had ALSO purchased insurance through Odenza. We have been waiting for 90 days now for a full refund, which is in our terms and conditions, of $3000+. PLEASE do not fall for this-we should have listened to the reviews before doing anything with them but it sounded so great. DON'T do it! This is a complete scam and we have suffered for far too long because of them.