Ocwen Loan Servicing / getting ripped off

1 One Assurant Way Springfield, OH 45505springfeild, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: (866) 825-9266 but you get India

Have been dealing with this crap company now for 4 months to get my money from the insurance company to fix my house after a fire I had. Ocwen has deposited the money but does not want to send any out so I can fix my house. I have been fixing things out of my pocket and have sent the paid bills to them, yet they still refuse to give me the money back, always some paper work issue, file not there, requesting file... Ect.. Ect.. If you call the listed number it goes to india and you have to try to understand them to get some where (I speak american english not the queens english) goverment should tax companies like this at least 75% because they take jobs away from americans by sending them overseas.

I call them at this point 3 times a day and then send a fax about the last call we had so they can not say we never heard from you... This has to be one of the worst loan servicing companies in the world.

Comments

• Ka
      20th of Dec, 2010

I totally agree with you. They don't know what customer svc is and are out for all they can get. I was told that they used to give loans but was run out of business due to their unethical ways...why r they servicing loans then??

• Be
      30th of Jul, 2018

@Karen4805 I have been having same issue house fire may 27 and still no funds I sent every piece of paperwork they wanted twice and they have the funds but it's always different answer every time I call

20th of Apr, 2011

I am having the same problems with Ocwen. My contract says they can apply the money to my principal, or give it to me.

They say they can only give me 1/3 at a time, and they have to inspect to be sure the work is done.

My loss was winter storm related in January 2011, and am no closer to getting the money now, April 20th, than I was then.

It all started when I called ABC Adjusters who I had used in the past, only to find out they were bought out by Metro Public Adjustment. I did business with them anyway.

The settlement check arrived with my name on it along with Metro's and Ocwen's. I had to endorse the check after which Metro forwarded it to Ocwen for them to endorse, only Ocwen decided to keep the money. Because of that, Metro required me to sign a promissory note saying I would pay the a percentage of each check Ocwen sent me. I arranged for Ocwen to pay Metro right off the top, but Metro insisted I sign the promissory note any way.

Every time I call Ocwen, I get routed to India. When I asked to speak with someone in the U.S.A., they told me they don't have offices in the United States.

When I asked them to verify they received my 10 page fax of the requirements they asked for so I can get my money, they said it takes 24 to 48 hours to process my request.

Allstate refuses to cancel the check, and write another, Metro refuses to endorse the check, and Ocwen refuses to give me the money that is rightfully mine. In the mean time, my belongings have been sitting in my back yard awaiting the insurance money to put them in storage, the building continues to deteriorate, and the Borough is fining me for having an unsafe structure.

In my estimation, all of this is due to our GOVERNMENT passing laws to protect businesses while giving them tax breaks, leaving us, the hard working, tax paying voters out to fend for ourselves.

• Cl
      20th of Apr, 2011

They are LYING to you...there office for this is in Ohio..somewhere around Dayton... I did end up getting all my money from them even after they sent there [censored] inspector to say I was onlyb 85% complete which I disputed ...Some how I ended up pissing them all off and then could only talk to a supervisor...This person did what ever it took to make me go away..I will have to look thru all my stuff and if I find her name and number I will send it along to you...This company is garbage...I had a message on my phone from them a couple of weeks ago that said there was a change to my account...I called and got India again and asked what the change was...said there was no change...was just looking for my payment..This was the 4th of April...a Monday...The 1st was a Friday...I then ask if Ocwen was hurting for cash to have people called with such ###... I then instructed this person that he lied about the call to began with and was going to report them to the AG of California... He ended the call at that point... But I still have the phone message saved...

20th of Apr, 2011

I did find information on Ocwen with an address and number in Ohio. Guess what? When I called it, I got India!

• Cl
      20th of Apr, 2011

India has to transfer you back to Ohio...Demand it!!!

25th of Apr, 2011

Oh, don't think I didn't. I have spent more time on the phone then I would like. I think they did transfer me once, but the next tine I called and asked to be transferred, they told me they don't have offices in the U.S.

I think they are trained to tell you anything just to get you off the phone, often times more frustrated then not.

7th of May, 2011

It is now May, and I still don't have my money to fix my garage! Today is Friday, May 6th. We suffered the loss on January 27th. A week ago Monday, I got a voicemail from Ocwen saying it was urgent I call them about my claim documents. I called, getting India, of course. They said they needed a certain document. I told them they had it. I was put on hold, the rep came back on the line and said, yes, they do have it. It would take 24 - 48 hours to review that.

The following Tuesday, 1 week, & 1 day after our last conversation we called as we didn't hear from them. Guess what? They said they were still waiting for that document! I explained the call the previous Monday, to no avail. So, we got the damn documents and faxed them repeatedly, until the phone rang. It was them saying they got it. By this time, I was finally speaking with an actual American. We took the time, and opportunity to discuss a lot of things, some of which follow:
    1) We contacted our State Representative, who in turn worked with the Banking & Insurance Commissioner's offices taking 2 weeks researching the supposed law Allstate told us required they put Ocwen's name on the check. The could find NO such law!
    2) We had time to read through our Mortgage contract thoroughly finding only 2 clauses pertaining to our insurance proceeds.
    The first says the Mortgage Company may act on my behalf, and process the claim with the insurance company, and oversee the draws of the money.
    Since they DID NOT do so, the clause does not apply to my situation at all.
    The second clause says they can use the money to pay principal if I were in default. I am not, so this clause does not apply to me either.
    Their customer service rep. deliberately misrepresented herself, and my contract by only sharing the parts of the clause that suited them, meaning, she lied to me.
    I had already gotten them to agree to give me half of the money, instead of the third they wanted to, but by the end of the call the rep. Was coming up with exceptions of her own that could give me the money outright. She stated that since my garage is not attached to the dwelling, and the proceeds from the settlement were much less than the actual check, that I could request for an official exception to their procedures. Doing so could have all the money to me in 2 weeks! So, that's what I did. I am still waiting for their response, so the saga continues...

26th of May, 2014

I had my loss on January 28th, 2014. I got a check from the insurance company on April 24th, 2014. I have called Ocwen several times to receive a partial payment on that check to do the repairs on my house. They keep telling me that an inspector will be calling me and that they need more paper work. I have sent them everything I have--receipts, their papers filled out--everything they asked for, I have sent it all over and some of it several times. As of today, May 26th, I have not heard from an inspector and I have not received any money from them. Meanwhile, my house is almost done and these contractors want their money for the work completed. Some of them won't even come back to finish up until I get money. I have exhausted all of my resources, including my retirement account to pay for these contractors while waiting for this money. There is no one else I can turn to for the money. I've even borrowed from friends and relatives until this can be resolved. I called the regular line and asked to speak to someone in the United States. She transferred me and the person I spoke to said there is a department that will help you out. It's the Ombudsman department. That number is 800-627-0128. Since today is a holiday, I will be making that call first thing in the morning. Let's hope they can help. Good luck to Ocwen customers.

• Mn
      15th of Oct, 2014

I have to say you all of you do not know how to handle insurance claims with banks.
    i ve been doing that for 5 years and none of my clients had any problems with getting the money.
    Have done many claims with ocwen and they send every single penny back.
    if you need help, contact me

mnsincr@gmail.com

• Ka
      28th of Sep, 2015

We have been in the same twilight zone with our monitored claim through Ocwen (it's a rather large roof claim). I found this thread because I am at my wits end trying to get the claim money back. I've called the ridiculous Insurance Loss Department TEN TIMES and with the same frustrating results as those who have posted before me. So, with nowhere else to turn I started to do some online research on Ocwen. Their BBB rating is abysmal, however, I did find this bit of information on the BBB site with regards to Ocwen: Ocwen advises you may address your request to the Office of the Consumer Ombudsman at (800) 390-4656 Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. You will need to provide your account number and the last four digits of your social security number.

I just got off the phone with the Ombudsman office and explained our saga. The American woman I spoke to said she would do some digging and see if she could get to the bottom of it and call me back. We'll see...

8th of Mar, 2016

I am too going through the same dilemma as everyone else. Our air conditioner has been out since Jan. 18th when a bad storm came through Texas and here it is March and still no ac. I have 6 kids in a hot house and it is miserable. We have State Farm Insurance (which I thought was the best) but has let us down to the point we are going to move all of our policies from them. According to Ocwen when I call they say they do not need to endorse the check when it is under 15000 but my insurance company claims that they have to sign it when it is over 7500. I'm still waiting on the check and find out today that I have to mail the check to Ocwen and once they receive my packet back (a bunch of paperwork to do a claim) then they will send an inspector out once 90% of the repairs have been done (keep in mind this means I'm paying for that 90% to be done) then release half of the funds and then once completed, the other 10% will be inspected and then all of the money will be released. So who is to say they will even release the money because I pretty much just paid to have the ac fixed on my own. This is ridiculous. I have had nothing but problems from this company since they took over my account and hate that every time I call I can't understand anything they are saying. They have no problems taking my money for the mortgage but god forbid they have to help an American out with fixing their home. I also have noticed that my mortgage payments are not adding up for the interest rate (4.3) we have and seems like I'm paying and not getting anywhere. So where is all the money going...

• Ne
      13th of Dec, 2016

I am too going to the same dilemma as everyone else with the Insurance loss draft dept.
    I have been dealing with this crap company now for 2 years to get my money from the insurance company to fix my house . I've been doing everything your insurance loss and draft request me to do, I have a contract with Castle Rock Roofing and I notified your insurance claim dept that the check you sent me with my name and their name I had to give it to them for the deposit. ( because your insurance endorse with my name and their company name) .Plus my insurance deductible of $2000, and they did me a fraud. I reported this to you right away and your customer services from India tell me, Mrs. Trigo, the past is the past you need to move on but they did not reimburse me for my loss. I've been doing everything your insurance loss draft asked of me, for example, I sent them a notarized letter to them that I don't need their services. Trying to contact them and mail the information to your insurance loss draft to notify you that the construction company was no longer working with me. This year I just finished all the work done and I called your insurance loss draft dept to report and they sent a property inspector, it is 100 percent done. Ocwen insurance loss draft customer service tell me that the check was going to be mailed to me in 7 to 10 business days. So when I called back to find out the status of the check they asked me for invoices of any proof of how I paid for the repairs. I have also been offended by your customer service calling me a cheater that I cheat, that I probably hired my brother, my friend or someone to do the work that has been done for me. So I sent what they request that I've been asked from your customer services from the insurance loss draft. I explained to her that now they use tablets for you to sign and they email me the receipts and if she wants me to I can forward that information, she said no only fax because they do not have any email address. I don't have a printer and every time I do a fax to you they charge me $2.00 per page and I have to pay with my pocket. I also explained to her that I have proof from my bank on how I paid and also I have their business card so your insurance loss draft is able to contact them and ask for those invoices. She told me that will be good so I faxed it on December 5, 2016, and today I call to find out if you've received those faxes and they tell me that is not going to work. So I just want to let you know that I have proof of all my conversations with your agents because I'm hearing impaired and I have to use an interpreter and everything is on my screen and I save the conversation so I'm just going to talk to my attorney and provide all this evidence and how your Ocwen insurance loss draft been treating me. I'm done dealing with your insurance loss draft, I'm just going to hired an attorney and ask for all the money and time I lost because OCWEN has my insurance money but does not want to send It to me. every time I call, they ask me for something else I have to fixed things out of my own pocket and have sent some paid bills to them, and copies of the bank checks with the bank notarized. that show how I paid with the company names on it and their business cards, and yet they still refused to give me the money back, it's always some paperwork issue, I will File a complaint with my local consumer protection offices or the state regulatory agency, licensing board that has jurisdiction over the seller. Better Business Bureau (BBB) like I just said I do have proof of all my conversation with your companies. I want this matter to be fixed by someone from the U.S.A, not from India thank you.

9th of Mar, 2017

I finally got my money, and finished re-building my garage. However, I do not want to ever deal with OCWEN again, so I refinanced my mortgage. I am done with OCWEN forever! Yeah! I would suggest you refinance your mortgage too, and while you are at it report OCWEN to your State Attorney General. If they get enough complaints, they will be barred from doing business in your state. Good luck.

• Ju
      21st of Nov, 2017

Reading all your complaints. I am extremely worried. My loss was due to backup of sewer and drains. It was only a $10, 000 check. (this was the limit I had on my basement) even though the damage estimate is much more. I refused to sign the check and just mailed what they asked for along with the check for them to sign and mail back. Truthfully your stories scare the hell out of me. Any suggestions on what to do if they refuse to mail it back to me?

• Nu
      15th of Dec, 2017

@just_me1012 Well they tell u not to sign it. So if you don't sign it they can't forge your name. Forgery is against the law.

• Sh
      15th of Aug, 2018

@just_me1012 So what happened with your situation ?