Ocwen / fraud and cheating

After reading many of the reports filed on this site, it has come to my attention that it is time the home owners should file a class action suit against this company. I too have had the same problems as many of you that have already reported. We were given to Ocwen when Aegis Mortgage Company filed Bankruptcy. We were on a forbearance program and then in November were sent a letter to bring the account current, that we would longer be on the forbearance program. The first certified letter came November 16 with a demand payment by December 16. Then we get a second certified letter dated November 19 with a demand payment for 1/2 the payment of the November 16 letter to be made by December 16. Then we get a third certified Demand letter December 17 demanding payment by January 17 with the same amount of money due (adding $5.21 more to the payment) that was due in the November Letter. We are current with our payments. We have proof of this. So what they are trying to pull, just does not make sense and to reach them by phone is a nightmare. To email them, you are really lucky if you get a reply of which they claim they will replay to you within 15 days. Whoop tee doo!! According to the Government Pamphlet on Fair Credit Practices, Section 805, clearly states that frequent calling (of which no one is on the other line either) is a form of Harassment and is illegal. Well, with reading all the reports that have been given on this web site, maybe it is time that a class action lawsuit be filed to wake the company up. Oh, by the way, when they outsource to third world companies, and then ask for my social security number, are they crazy!!! There is no way in 'Gods Green Earth' I am going to give anyone outside the United States my Social Security Number. I contacted my attorney and she said we have a great case. Maybe someone should put their money where their mouths are and prove to others that they honor what they say on their Web site. Do I have any takers. If you are interested in going with me in a class action law suit, please contact me through this web site and I will find a way that we can all communicate to get one started. I will watch this site daily to see how many people are really serious about starting the procedure. Without you there will be no relief for so many of us and more in the future.

Va

Comments

Li
  30th of May, 2009

I can agree with you 200%... something needs to be done... I have a list a mile long of the crap this company has done to me... please keep me updated and add me to your list...

Thank You.

email: lizmarsh@live.com

Ca
  16th of Oct, 2010

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN INITIATING A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST OCWEN MORTGAGE CORP FOR IT'S MYRIAD OF VIOLATIONS OF THE FAIR DEBT ACT, I'D LIKE TO BE COUNTED IN. I'LL GLADLY RESPOND TO E-MAILS REGARDING THIS ISSUE.

I SPENT YEARS WORKING ETHICALLY AND RESPECTFULLY AS A COLLECTION SUPERVISOR AND NEVER, NEVER ALLOWED ANYONE UNDER MY EMPLOY TO ENGAGE IN THE TYPE OF DISRESPECTFULA AND BLATANTLY ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR THIS COMPANY DOES. IT'S TIME TO PUT A STOP TO IT.

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT: catirrusia111@hotmail.com

Eb
  24th of Jan, 2011

IM WITH EVERYONE ELSE WHEN IT COMES TO A CLASS ACTION SUITE. LIKE MANY OTHERS, I ALSO HAVE HAS MORE THAN MY SHARE OF PROBLEMS. I NOW OWE 17k MORE THAN WHEN I STARTED. THIS IS DUE TO SERIVCE FEES, INTEREST ETC WHEN I HAD MY LOAN MODIFIED. WHERE AND HOW CAN WE BRING THIS ABOUT. EBILLN@AOL.COM

Ma
  7th of Apr, 2015

Mother of God.. today I received a call from them requesting that I provide a copy of my social security card with my signature on the document and have it motorized. I said, are you crazy!! why would you need that from me ..their reply... because we want to know and have on record who you really are and the IRS needs it. I said you have my name address, social security number date of birth ..every piece of identify info already since the inception of my loan with my first loan company. My loan was sold and passed down eventually to your loan company because other mortgage companies sold it and banks went bankrupt. You have all my info and so does rhe IRS as every year I get a document that is filed by you with the IRS regarding real estate taxes that are paid from the escrow again required to be paid to you monthly included in my monthly payment.
They were also telling me they were going to reclassify the type of home that I have... they can't do that I am part of a condo association townhome community. It was legally built and classified as such...they can't just decide to classify it differently so that it is insured differently. Trying to tell me they have no proof of insurance since last fall... huh???? Well my association makes the payments on the property and I make the payment for the interior content... so..explain that??? They want my personal insurance to be classified differently than a condominium policy.. ahh no.. that can't be done .a.not legally.
Their calls are ridiculous if the mortgage payment isn't there on the first of the month even though there is 15 day grace they are calling and hounding for the payment. It's outrageous. No one is in the US.
I'm in on a class action.