Ocwen Bank / overcharging for escrow, and interest

I believe Ocwen bank overcharged me thousands of dollars in junk fees, overcharging for escrow, and interest. They refuse to verify charges and then allegedly you are behind and during the request for account information. they allegedly assigned the loan to LaSalle Bank trustees of a 1998 R-1 pass-through certificate.(what ever that is, some kind of security).

LaSalle Bank filed a foreclosure the day they were assigned the note by OCWEN. They waited 3 months before filing with the court clerk they were the new owners. I found out Lasalle was the owner the day I was served the foreclosure.

OCWEN filed papers with the court they were the owners of the mortgage in 1997 when HUD sold them my loan. When I called LaSalle Bank they told me they had owned my property with this alleged pass-through certificate since 1998. I have never received anything from LaSalle Bank. This case is still pending due to other issues. I still receive bills from OCWEN even though they allegedly assigned this loan to someone else.

I would have thought they would be required to notify me of the transfer. I still do not understand how LaSalle can forclose with ownership in securities related to this property that they bought in 1998 but never filed with the court until after they filed the foreclosure, but still have OCWEN service the loan.

I may lose my home. My husband is disabled.

All of this smells fishy!

Va

Comments

• Su
      29th of Nov, 2007

In my case Ocwen was supposed to have been paid off in 2005. In a recent review of my credit report it stated that I had an outstanding balance larger than my original loan. When trying to get this resolved I was transferred 5 times to different departments and on hold a total of 2 hours. Still no resolution.

• To
      8th of Dec, 2007

Ocwen took over my mortgage in 2005. Since then my payments went up from 772 a month to 1200 then this year to 1300. I have not missed any payments. I am on a fore bearings plan. According to Ocwen I am 6 payments behind which stops me from changing Mortgage Co. My payments shows 6 months behind. They also says I owe 15400 on my escrow??

I only have 1 mortgage on my house. I have overpaid my mortgage payments since 2005 by $9800.??

31st of Jan, 2008

I have a complaint about Ocwen where do i sent it to.

• Ro
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I agree that Ocwen is a preditory lender. We have recieved notification that we owe more than the original loan amount after paying on the loan for over five years and have just recieved a letter from LaSalle Bank. These people know what they are doing taking away people's homes. WHERE CAN YOU FILE A COMPLAINT!!!

• Fr
      16th of Jun, 2010

Ocwen has been over charging me in my escrow account for years and same as others they tell me I am behind in my escrow payments and wanted $137 MORE each month this year for taxes when mine acTUALLY WENT DOWN TO VETERAN'S EXEMPTION! There were numerous occassions where they forgot to pay the taxes forcing a lein on my property. The Att General in CT had to intervene. This year they asked me for $1000 more when I had an over-payment this year. I have been trying to get a mtg pay off amount and they keep refusing to send it to me!

My statement at end of year has been incorrect twice claiming they paid the town over $8400 when they really paid $5770. I am asking the AG in CT for a full investigation!

• Pa
      4th of Nov, 2018
    Ocwen - servicing
    West Palm Beach
    Florida
    consumerrelief@Ocwen.com

Ocwen has scheduled the sale of my home for 4/27/17.
    The debt was discharged in 2008 and I have paid a
    Mortgage since then. They never had the correct
    Amount owed. Ever time I call I get a different person
    That doesn't know that I called.
    Help