OctopusTravel.com / Scam

OctopusTravel.com charged my bank card-bank account for an unauthorized charge. I have phoned, emailed and faxed numerous requests to release the funds as I do not have any travel plans. My bank will not release the funds nor place a stop payment on the charge due to it being a pending transaction.

Ga

Comments

• Vj
      31st of May, 2011

I was disgusted by this company! I had to cancel my hotel booking, for my honeymoon, due to having to change some last minute wedding preparations that were unavoidable.I received a cancellation email, after cancelling it online, saying that £297.00 of the £330.00 I paid would be refunded but £55.oo would be taken as a cancellation fee. Fair enough I thought. However, I decided to amend my booking by trying to amend it for another time. The woman, who didn't speak much English, said that she would help and needed to contact the Hotel (Marmaris Boutique). She got back to me saying that there's nothing she could do and that I'd have to pay £330.oo as a cancellation fee, meaning I'd get no refund! I told the woman about the email saying£55.00 for cancellation, to which point she said ' you didn't receive an email' - calling me a liar! After passing my dad on to her and threatened her with court, she changed her tune saying that she was trying to help me to make another booking. The staff are rude, poor at speaking English and don't want to help! DON'T USE THEM!

• Pe
      16th of Nov, 2011

I agree with the negative reviews! We just booked a hotel for nearly £400, they took the money off my credit card. Thankfully we tried to confirm this with the hotel - who informed us that they were fully booked! Octopus travel is a scam, don't use them!

• Il
      23rd of Jul, 2012

I agree with this company being a scam. I was scammed out of a tour in India. It was supposed to be a bus tour and they sent someone who did not speak English and was cutting the tour time in half. Because I did not know about the unapproved substitution, I did not get in the car alone with a stranger. This tour was prepaid in the US. Now I am fighting to recover my costs associated with this. A total mess.

• Mi
      6th of Nov, 2012

Sólo quiero avisarte que no intentes reservar nada a través de esta "agencia". Vimos una oferta a través de su página e intentamos reservar dos habitaciones. Después de seguir los pasos habituales, cual fue nuestra sorpresa cuando vimos que sólo había hecho la reserva y COBRADO de una y a un precio totalmente distinto (un 50% mas caro) del que anunciaban. Intentamos cancelarla pero es imposible, pues te cobran como penalización el mismo precio del hotel!! (a pesar de que en la misma página anuncian que la cancelación es gratuita). Hay que decir que todo esto viene en la letra pequeña de las condiciones (que te pueden cambiar los precios, que no se puede cancelar...) y que ninguno solemos leer. Evitar esta página y decirlo a todo quien podaís. Son unos TIMADORES