Oceanview Equity / Harassment

Oceanview Equity
Joe Hicks called me constantly. until I paid the fee. He told me to fax in a consent form so that he could verify that my lender would work with them. He called back a short time later and told me that my lender agreed to work with Oceanview, so I paid the fee. I was told not to contact my lender and that the process would take 30-90 days. I was only 4 months behind and knew that if I acted fast that my lender would be more willing to work with us. Weeks passed and no one ever called. I finally called and left messages until Chery called me. I asked for a status and she told me that she was going to call my lender and then call me back. I was floored- I paid the fee on 10/10/08 and it was 12/19/08 and they were just calling my lender for the first time! Cheryl then called back and said that my lender is not willing to work with them- and she was going to just leave it at that! I went berserk and was finally put in touch with a supervisor, Eddie Gomez who reassured me that they had been in contact with my lender and that he would get back to me. I never heard from him again. I finally managed to get in touch with Cheryl and she said that my file was given back to Joe Hicks and he was supposed to call me to tell me that my lender is refusing to work with them. I went berserk again and was put in touch with a manager- Tony Escalona, who again reassured me that he would call the lender and if he didn't get anywhere he would go to their legal team and have them contact the lenders lawyers-da that's what they are supposed to do! Now even Tony is not returning my calls.

We are now 10 months behind and I don't know what to do. They had a beautiful website in the beginning with BBB accreditations. Now the website has been taken down and there is a message that they are not accepting any new clients. Also, they keep changing the phone#. I need to find out if I have any legal recourse with them.

A  25th of May, 2009 by
I had the same problem with eddie gomez and oceanview equity I paid for a service and once I paid I didnt hear from them. I had to do all the calling to them.I dealt with 5 different people and each one said that they were working with my lender and they would know more soon and would call me. This went on for several months. I found out that they had not gotten in touch with my lender because I talked to my lender and they said they never heard from these people and if they did they would not deal with them and that I was being put in foreclosure. I called and supposedly was given one of the top people because on there website it stated that if they couldnt help me I would be refunded my money. Of course I never received it. I have lost my home and that money sure could help me out but these people have no hearts just like these big VP's who run there company to the ground and they go to there million dollar homes .Who cares about the people that have families with no home to go to. When is the government going to do something about these people. Or get people there money back from these crooks . Other people I talked to there was Gabriel Sanchez, Tony, Hector, Barry .
A  10th of Jun, 2009 by
I am in the same situation. If you find out any information, let me know. All they are doing is ripping people. There needs to be some kind of class action law suit against them. Joe hicks is the main guy to bring people in and start taking the money. Tony Escalona is the "manager" that says he is sorry and will make sure things get done. This is all a scam!!! I am filing a complaint with the BBB, but that is no big deal. I can't afford a big time lawyer either. Maybe if everyone gets together, we can close them down!!!
A  17th of Jun, 2009 by
Im in the same boat... fortunately I have not lost my home... I called and got a modification done for myself. Now I have been calling for months and months in an effort to get my money back! Jessica Torres was the first person that swindled me... Now some some Claudia Martez at extension 335 is dodging me! All I want is my money! If anyone finds out how we can be repaid for NO SERVICE please let me know... This is straight ###!
A  25th of Aug, 2009 by
I had the same situation occur to me, (and my significant other) and wound up losing my money and my home... the guy who brought me into this corporation (oceanview investments/equity) was named Guy Samuel, and Tony Escalona is the guy who initially handled my "case" and then bumped it to a girl named Angie Tovar. This company is currently under investigation by the attorney General of Florida. The contact number is 850-414-3600. You need to send in a notarized affidavit of your losses and if (and it looks like one will) a lawsuit is brought, you will be included in it. I hate these people, they prey on vulnerable and desperate people and they deserve to be imprisoned for it. Following is the information and the case number but you need to go to this site and download the affidavit. Here is the web page. Remember to notarize it. http://www.myfloridalegal.com/complaintform.pdf

Sharon Cramer

Active Public Consumer-Related Investigation
The case file cited below relates to a civil -- not a criminal -- investigation. The existence of an investigation does not constitute proof of any violation of law.

Case Number: L08-3-1250

Subject of investigation:
Oceanview Investment Services, Corp. Oceanview Financial Services, Corp. Financial Powerhouse Services, Inc.

Subject's address:
3000 NE 30th Place Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306

Subject's business:
Mortgage Foreclosure Relief

Allegation or issue being investigated:
Mortgage foreclosure relief/modification program offered for $1, 000-2, 000 initial payment.

AG unit handling case:
Economic Crimes Division in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

View contact information for Ft. Lauderdale.
A  9th of Feb, 2011 by
I too fell victim to them. They took my $1000 and I never got any help and my house went into foreclosure and I almost lost it. Thanks to me being friends with my banker, I didn't. These people need to be shutdown and I want my money back!!!