Oceania Family Resorts / No Resolve for Timeshare Deed promises

1 406 North Kings HighwayMyrtle Beach, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-891-3354

Oceania Family resorts personnel to include Michelle Riddle don't own up to promises and don't return phone calls. Everytime I try to call and get some resolve to the issue of my timeshare deed, I was givne the run around. It took a year to finally get my deed after payment in full (three months after the ink dried on the timeshare purchase). After promises were made to compensate me and my family with a four day getaway, no emial or other correspondence was ever sent and can't get in contact with anyone any longer. Only answering machines come on for all numbers.

Cl

More Oceania Family Resorts Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Tu
  14th of Jul, 2009

we went to oceania and actually bought there. then when we went to use our extra weeks, nothing was avaible or the prices were at least 4 times what we were promised. finally after several complaints with the person that sold us the timeshare, we dumped it and got our total refund. the upper office staff are true to their word but the sales staff are just a bunch of liars !..everything they say, have it put on paper and make sure it is in the deed !!!do not sign anything unless all promises are there !!!

Cy
  21st of Jul, 2009

How were you able to get your refund? I went there too and after much pressure and a fantastic salesperson we bought. There were several red flags right up front, but we didnt see them until later. After three months I called to let them know i had not received any of the paperwork they stated i would get. I was informed that my salesperson was no longer working for the company. I started dealing with Michelle who told me she would handle everything. She gave me the number to a lady with Trading Places who helped out alot. Came to find out with that one phone call that just about all of what the saleslady said was BULL! I called Michelle back and she told me she was sorry and that there was nothing she could do. Promised me she would send me out some info on the how tos of our timeshare. After a month still nothing. I emailed her and still nothing. I called her and still nothing. So the last year we have been trying to sell the timeshare but everyone wants money up front. We can do it. So what do we do from here?? Looks as though i will be losing my job here soon and this timeshare will put us under. Please help if you can!

Ca
  10th of Aug, 2009

Yes, please tell me what you have to do (short of hiring an attorney) to get your deed. I have been waiting over a year since paying mine off and all I ever get is the staff telling me that they are checking into it.
On July 30th while visiting MB we paid a visit to the business office and was given a document showing that our mortgage was "Paid In Full" and was told that we would receive the deed next week in the mail. Well it is August 10th and we still do not have a deed.
Oh, when this is resolved, can't wait to tell you about our stay at Sand Castle Resorts.
Cathy

Ms
  3rd of Jun, 2010

My family and I recently booked a vacation through Oceania Resorts and it was a disaster.
We drove 8 hours in holiday traffic with children only to find out that our reservations were not correct. We were scheduled to check in a day later according to records at the hotel. After hours of haggling we were given a 1 bedroom suite for the night and a promise of rectification in the morning. There were 8 people in our party, 4 adults, 4 children we were packed like sardines into a room. Our next day was spent trying to figure out the descrepencies in our reservations. Once finnally reaching someone of importance at Oceania we were told that the person who booked our vacation had since been fired, I assume we were expected to take it as a loss. We were expected to pay for this "extra" nites stay although we had previously paid for a 2 bedroom suite. On day 2 we were shipped to another hotel not nearly as nice as the first, the one promised in the offer. But at least there was enough room to accomidate us all. My mother was expected to tour the property on the 3rd day of our stay and was given directions to a location 1 1/2 hours away for our hotel. When we arrived at the building we were to meet an Oceania representative, the building was empty. We had just received directions less than an hour earlier. Each day was spent in Limbo trying to contact someone from Oceania to tell us where we went wrong, and each time we were reffered to someone who would refer us back to someone else. Imagine going through this with children who just want to have some fun. During checkout we met other vacationers who had the same experience with Oceania Resorts. Our questions were never answered and we are still not sure if we'll be charged for what they call an "extra day" due to thier mishandling of our reservations. Mytrle Beach is a wonderful place to stay, but I will make sure to steer clear of Oceania Resorts or anything that sounds even close to it.

Wa
  8th of Sep, 2010

I would like to know also how to get out of it to. I have tried to use my family weeks all year and cannot get any help from anybody. It is a total waste of time and money and we should have never purchased it. If any one has any ideals please let me know.

Wa
  9th of Sep, 2010

I would love to tell everyone about my stay at Sand Castle to. It was nothing like I was told it would be. The whole place needs and upgrade. As for Oceanis Resorts, I can not get anyone to answer any of my questions about the family weeks or anything else. I would love to get out of it and as least get some of my money back with out it affecting my credit score. Any one have any suggestions.

Ma
  28th of Dec, 2010

Oceania has been so bad to deal with. They never return calls or offer help. I think the whole company is a fraud. Only thing you can do is stop paying for the timeshare. I will hurt your credit but at least they don't have your money.

Iw
  19th of Apr, 2012

Is anyone one else out there as tired of being lied to as what you were promised at the time of buying your time share at oceanea resorts as we are?if so how about doing a class action suit with as many people as possible ?