Ocean Air Care / misrepresent product and pressure sales

1 Woodland Hills, CA, United States Review updated:

This company is totally bent on scamming customers out of their HARD earned money. Their "specialty" is in the air ducts and HVAC systems . Through discount coupons coming in the mail in the reprehensible Value Pak scam support system, they get into the house and then scurrry around in the attic like the vermin they are. The $40.00 coupon to clean your ducts suddenly becomes an estimate in the hundreds to successfully do the job because your system is way dirtier than it should be, also there are rats and squirrels living in the ducts, suddenly hundreds of dollars more still.

You generally will not be climbing around in the attic, so you take their word for it. Did I mention that for thousands they can replace your ducts with a rat proof metallic duct...(which doesn't exist). They do this within the sight lines of the crawl space, anything beyond the readily accessible ducts, they do not touch. EVER. Oh and then to add insult to injury, they next scare you with mould sightings and warn of the health risks. For thousands more again, they will spray a "special" chemical to encapsulate the wood beams. They don't do any of this. They don't do anything they advertise except scam you as much as possible.

This is the perfect business model for scams. An invisible enemy and invisible treatment. Each employee is an independent contractor, and each visit is a different crew, paid on commission for the upselling of product once inside the house.
I know this as I am into them for thousands of dollars. They are crooks.

Run screaming for help should these monster scammers enter your home.

Comments

• Co
      24th of Feb, 2010

The worst nightmare I ever went through. They were working on things for a month- half my house we had to shut down the furnace and use plastic so section off 1/2 of our house because they did something to the furnace. We have three furnaces in our house- they said they put 3 UV lights on- they lied- we had to have them come after a month and install. They were here everyday for a month and every day they lied. They said they did a mold remediation when in fact they exposed the whole house to the mold. A different crew kept coming. One person would say they painted with oil base paint- give it time to air out. Another would come and say- I don't spell paint. It smells like something else. After thousands of $$$$'s and being sick and sleeping on a couch for 2 months- I am forced to have another company to come in and inspect their work. I am reporting them to BBB and State License Contractors Board.
    Save yourself the nightmare- DO NOT CALL THEM and if you have- let's ban together to put them out of business !!!