O’Brien & Associates / Kevin O'Brien

1 p o box 1531North Beach, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 443-752-0905

I have had insurance with Erie and changed from home policy to a business policy. I emailed O’Brien & Associates to please change me back to a home policy due to my business not taking off.
I have not had any confermation except for a letter from Department of Motor Vehicles saying that I need to show proof of insurance.
I then emailed O’Brien & Associates to please start up a new policy because I enjoyed having Erie as my provider. Its been three weeks now with no reply, I have tried three times with no reply.
I had to obtain other insurance due to his lack of attention.
This has costed me $250.00 for the first month and $7.00 every additional day, my policy was cancelled by them on October 15th, 2007. with a total cost of $600.00 for not carring insurance.
No phone calls, No emails, No letters of any type of cancellation.

For this I am sending my complaint to you in hopes others dont have to experience the same type of problem. Only a god sent that I did not get into any accidents between coverage.

Bob Arbour

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2009

Bob,
    I am sorry about your issue with O'Brien & Associates. It sounds like it may be a unique and isolated incident. My experience with Kevin has always been some of the best customer service I have ever received in the industry. Trust me, I have had them all whether it be Geico, Allstate, USAA, State Farm, etc. Kevin has always been there and attentive to my needs.
    As a matter of fact, something similiar to your case happened to me. I fired off a quick email to Kevin via my cell phone while I was standing at the MVA. A short time later I emailed him again to see how long it would take. He replied back almost immediately that he had faxed it to the MVA within 5 minutes of receiving my first email. Sure enough, I went back up to the counter and the MVA was in receipt of the information needed.
    Another case happened this past December when I hit a hurd of deer on Rt 214 which caused extensive damage to my vehicle. Kevin was once again on top of the game in getting me pointed in the right direction. After several days without receiving a phone call from the claims adjustor/estimator, I once again fired off an email to Kevin and wouldn't you know it, within an hour or two I had the man on the phone.
    Unfortunately, because my wife is a long-term customer of another insurance carrier, I had to part ways with Erie and my vehicles were placed on her policy. This had nothing to do with the service I had received from Kevin or Erie, it was smart business sense is all.
    To this day, if anyone is in need of insurance, I am quick to pass along Kevin's contact information. It has been my experience that he provides quick, HONEST and personal service.

Mark Downing
    Bowie, MD

• Ge
      15th of Mar, 2010

This guy should stick to selling insurance. His openly hostile and anti-american political views made me worry about supporting his company.

• Ge
      15th of Mar, 2010

Unless you worship Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and the bunch, I would go elsewhere for your insurance needs. Who wants an insurance agent that spends his time on political propaganda?