Obey Your Body / Beware of Deceptive Sales Tactics

Toms River, NJ, United States Review updated:

My wife came home from Xmas shopping at the mall all excited saying she met a lady (Outer Beauty Secrets), who was going to hire her as a model for demonstrations of Obey Your Body products. (said she had the perfect complextion for there product). Still have not heard anything.
She came home with five bags of various creams, lotions etc. I asked how much she spent and the two receipts totaled $599.70. She said half of it was free and convinced me she got a great a bargain. The lady would demonstrate stuff, tell her how much it helps her looks, put it in a bag, and say I'm giving this to you. She had the impression it was freebies. She gave away half of the stuff for Christmas presents and the other half sits in its bag in a closet of a spare room. SHE HAS NOT USED ANY OF IT.
AFTER CHRISTMAS THE CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS CAME AND THERE WAS FOUR CHARGES TOTALING $2667.80 NOT $599.70. GUESS THE FREE STUFF WAS NOT FREE. She first tried to call the cell phone number of the sales lady, it was no good. Called Capital One and they reversed the two extra charges and my wife filled out some paperwork. Thought it was a done deal. Then a month later the charges were back on the card again. We called Capital One and this time we got copies of the stores receipts. Looks like she signed for everything although she says she only signed for the two receipts she came home with. We drug our feet a little following up so it is now three months later and Capital One says we only had 45 days to contest the charges. Called the mall and got the name/ph# of the owner of the lease and contacted him. He researched the transactions and says my wife did charge the items. He says wives often overspend and try to hide it from there husbands. Guess I'm not the first he has heard from.
I've read other complaints from this site with similiar experiences at various locations...My suggestuion is, if you buy outer beauty products "PAY CASH"DO NOT USE YOUR CREDIT CARD"

Je

Comments

• Ny
      Aug 08, 2011

Well thank GOODNESS I paid the sales lady at the mall with CASH!!! Sounds like a horrific ordeal that you & your wife went through with these essential CRIMINALS...Charging all that money on your credit card...they should be prosecuted for that!!

Their sales tactics are wayyy out of line...too pushy, and bordering on harassment...Yet I had NO idea that they would charge all that extra money on your wife's credit card...Just another reason to AVOID these vultures selling Obey Your Body products in the middle of malls everywhere!!!

From,
    Nychic (I listed a complaint against these con artists on this board also!)

P.S,
    Don't know what happened to my comment...there's some words/symbols that I did not add to this message...?? Weird.

- Nychic

Aug 08, 2011

Ooops, sorry, for some reason the words weren't there after I posted my 1st comment...But it was there before...Strange...so disregard my comment above...lol..