OBAMA PRESIDENT COLLECTIONS / FRAUD

United States Review updated:

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE. THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER. I GOT SUSPICIOUS WHEN I GOT THE E=MAIL COMFIRMATION THEY SEND TO YOU, IT DOESNOT HAVE A LINK TO RETURN TO THEIR SITE OR A NUMBER TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I HAD TO CANCEL MY CREDIT/DEBIT CARD.
Jr

Wallingford
Connecticut
Phone: 973-287-5190
USCOINNETWORK.COM

i ordered one set of coins, when i got to check out, there was three additional items on my order. my was to be $19.95, it ended up to be $82.00.with no way available to edit or cancell order. also shipping cost was not available to customers until you got ready to check out. which was a high cost of $30.00. there website didnt allow any cancelations.
Sh
  31st of Dec, 2008
can anyone of you with Barack Obama Coin collection order tell me what the ultimate results were? did you ever receive your order? I can't get response from anyone. Ordered mine from uscoinnetwork.com with Montel Williams hosting the particular show I ordered from. I would think he would be more careful who he attachedn his celebrity name to. thanks for any ideas on what to do.
Sa
  5th of Jan, 2009
ITS BEEN 3 mos I'VE PLACE MY ORDER I NEED TO KNOW WHERE IS MY COINS OR MY MONEY BACK
Bo
  11th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Had the same problem, only mine went from $9 to over $350. Now my account has a $500+ overdraft. If there's a way we all can come together and have a class-action suit against these fraudsters I am 100% for it.

Hate that it will be linked to Obama, though he has no hand init, but these sasshole need to be STOPED
Fa
  12th of Jan, 2009
This whole coin deal is a ripoff. I recieved the coins and they look like someone glued Obama picture on the coins. Contact number for Tristar coins/u.s. coin network is 800-532-0598. I would call your bank and have them assist you in keeping them from debiting your account. I was very disappointed to learn that Montel Williams was a part of such a scam. I don't know how much he knows about it all but I placed an order because I felt I could trust him. if it helps the mailing address is obama coins 500 fulfilment circle wallingford, ct 06495. Good luck!
Su
  24th of Jan, 2009
Thank GOD! I looked this up first! I, too, trust the words of Montel Williams, given his extensive investigative works on fraud and all, and was just about to count MY coins to get one for each of my lil sugababies born in 2008!!! Geez! Can't trust nothing and nobody these days! Thanks to all who've posted on this subject! I learned a looong time ago (about 11 years ago when ordering tv products) to LOOK UP EVERYTHING THAT YOU WANT TO BUY FROM A TV COMMERCIAL OR INFORMERCIAL!!!...NO MATTER WHO ENDORSES THEM!!!
I think I'll just find one of those framed newspaper pages somewhere in town and then, call it a good day!
Peace and blessings to all!
Ta
  26th of Jan, 2009
Thank yuo SO MUCH for the information. My daughter and I were also trusting in Montel Williams, and when we were trying to order the coins, we entered the information, but got no confirmation for it, and when I couldn't get the shipping info on the tv or when trying to order I decided against ordering. We just received TWO sets w/ no phone number and a return address of 500 Returns Road, Wallingford, CT 06495. Thank you for the info!!
Ra
  31st of Jan, 2009
Today: Jan 30, 2009

I originally ordered on November 14, 2008 and for the entire November and December I had no news. So in January fearing it was a scam I called their customer service and they informed me of a 'backlog'! (I never knew this 'complaints board' site existed until today!! Gosh!) So I cancelled the order immediately around Dec end 2008. Then in January 26, 2009, a CSR named Mike called and asked me if I wished to reinstate the order because the coins were ready. I asked him several times and he informed me he was not part of a scam and that they have a customer svc number, they are genuine, they are New England Mint and they have a parent company Lipenwald Inc., and that he was giving me $10 off (cutting down s/h) due to the 2 months delay, etc, etc. So then believing him, I went ahead and reinstated my order. He informed me that they would be arriving shortly. So far I don't see them charging my account and I am thinking its been only 4 days since reinstatement. Perhaps, it'll take a week before anything happens. They never charged my account so far since Nov or since January.

On the otherhand, waiting up on this, I suddenly saw a 'Great Fun' charge of $14.99 saying CHKCARDTLG*GREAT FUN 866-58461 CTUS on my online banking. Now that came as a shock because I have no clue where that is coming from and I remember some automated option while ordering Barack Obama on phone (after seeing ad on tv) saying an optional deal about Great Fun which I bypassed! My banker just gave me a number 866-584-2461 for Great Fun and asked me talk with the company to dispute or call back bank and file 'unauthorized charge complaint' or simply cancel my debit card which'll create such a complication on my preautho pmts! Now I am in a dilemma! Gosh!

Now I am rethinking about the Barack Obama New England Mint Inauguration coin and wondering if I should re-cancel it. Also, what would be the best option for handling Great Fun (cancel card or allow charges to go through and dispute later??!!). My #480-513-9608. Email: rliaqat@gmail.com.

FIRST ORDERED NOV 14, 2008. CANCELLED DEC END.
REINSTATED ORDER ON JANUARY 26, 2009
Mike (CSR) called me around 6pm AZ (MST) time.
Customer Svc: 888-215-6468
New England Mint
Parent company: Lipenwald Inc.
Sh
  25th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I never ordered anything and they are charging me 11.99 one a month! thankfully my bank is refunding it at this point but my husband is in the military and we have direct deposit so we cant change our bank account with out filling out a ton of paperwork im down to sue this is rediculs, the sad thing is we didnt even vote for obama. If we have too we are going to involve the police.
Ma
  30th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I got the same thing on my bank statement. I have been getting these stupid checks in the mail for ten dollars from GREAT FUN something or other. If you cash the check, you sign up for their program. It's a stupid scam! I never signed up and I still see a charge for 11.99 on my account from them. I am waiting until they open tomorrow to complain.
Mc
  25th of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have a similar case and believe this is a national scam with a solid grounding for a class action lawsuit. The difficult part is that the amounts of money are small on a per month basis, so customers don't get angry until it adds up over several months. This company has to be making a killing off of doing this to so many people and on such a large scale. It seems like anyone who has ever given them their credit card number is being charged in perpetuity. This company is not producing anything of any real value, but are garnishing consumers' wages. If anyone plans on moving forward with a lawsuit please email me at maurice_b_champagne@yahoo.com
Th
  4th of Apr, 2011
$$$$$$$ Please let me suggest to you to cancel your credit card number immediately ! You just gave them a blank check to withdraw from your checking or savings account as much money as they want to, obviously! Those companies in either New York, New Jersey or Washington DC have the worst customer service quality control than any other company I've dealt with in the entire United States, no kidding! Whether it be filling an order a customer requested or properly collecting the proper amount from the customer, which they always seem to collect more than what is agreed to by the customer. And I have purchased some frozen foods at my local grocery store which I have never seen before and did not recognized the company name but, the picture of the food on the package looked very good and tempting and I trusted the contents of the package to be somewhat acceptable in flavor, so it seemed at a glance. I took the products home, heated the food up properly and tasted it. I noticed the flavor was horrible ! I then turned the package over to see more information about the company that presented a nice picture of their food but the food was horrible. I noticed that these poor tasting food products with nice pictures 80% of the time are manufactured in New Jersey or New York! Why do some of the worst tasting foods and the worst customer service seems to be concentrated mostly coming out of New Jersey or New York?!
So, from now on I never make any payments for products or service using my credit card or checks nor while I ever purchased any food products from the grocery store that is either produced from or distributed from New York or New Jersey!