Oasis Moving And Storage Company / they lost all of my belongings

1 3110 Polaris Ave, #20Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 702-240-5841

I used oasis moving and storage company to move my belongings, including many things my recently deceased mother passed down to me, and they lost all of my belongings. They were supposed to deliver my belongings in ten business days. It was a month later and I only recieved things they were not supposed to bring. The only good thing they brought was my son's bed. everything else is gone. I have called and called only to be ignored or placed on indeifinate hold by a man that cannot speak english as a punishment for me not being able to understand him. I was lied to. They jacked up the price, stating that my washer, dryer, refrigerator and stove increased the weight of the load. I never recieved my washer, dryer, refigerator and stove. It was all left in my old house. Alo left were three valuble paintings. They refused to credit me or do anything else about this and cannot tell me where they rest of my belongings are. My mom had a double set of bone china that she got in 1952 as a wedding gift and they lost the majority of that. I got maybe 8 peices of that set and all of it was broken or chipped or damaged. After a month of being put out by oasis moving and storage I get a call saying they are 30 minutes away and that I had to pay a "fuel surcharge" and I had to pay the driver so much money in cash so the driver had money. When the driver finally arrived, past 11:00 P.M. he could not back his truck down the driveway and tore out parts of our neighbors front yard. He was here until 1:30 am! teh he sat at the end of out road all night with his truck running, keeping us all awake and making everyone very nervous. He stayed there for the rest of the night. Do not use this company, in fact I doubt they really exsist. Every time I called I got what sounded to me like someone's personal voicemail, or I recieved a message that said the number I was calling did not except calls frmo the number I was calling from. Do not use these people. I am currently disputing this and this may end up in court due to the things they lost and putting me out for a month. I never signed thier contract as I was not comfortable wtih it. This place is a rip off.

Comments

• He
      14th of Jul, 2008

Scammers they are all the way

• Li
      26th of Jul, 2008

This person is so full of ###! This is a real company I used them and they were great!

IF YOU DO NOT TELL A MOVING COMPANY WHEN YOU BOOK ALL THE THINGS THAT ARE GOING ON THEIR TRUCK THEY WILL CHARGE YOU EXTRA FOR THE WEIGHT AND FUEL DUHHH YOU DUMB ###!

THEY WEIGHT THE TRUCKS~YOU CAN NOT JUST ADD WHAT EVER YOU WANT AND THINK YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY! GET REAL!

• Mi
      4th of Aug, 2008

Linda, you are full of ###. You're an Oasis employee!

Did you even read their complaint?!?

It's ridiculous what this person has to go through to get their personal belongings! And it's ridiculous how many laws Oasis breaks over and over. I don't think this customer was talking about adding items without having to pay for them. Did you provide this customer with a copy of the weights after they were ran? And why won't you guys help this customer get their belongings back? If what this person's saying about never signing your contract is true, then you guys are in serious trouble because that can be considered theft. And don't think you're safe from a criminal case. You're a corporation and it looks like a class action suit is already forming.

• Jm
      31st of Aug, 2008

We need to start a class action lawsuit against this company. We need to finish off what BBB and FMCSA has taken too long to do. Email me if you want in.

• Da
      11th of Oct, 2008

Oasis picked up my stuff Aug 28th and as of Oct 11th still havent delivered it and ever time I call them to find out when it is going to be delivered they LIE to me. According to my contract they are 10 days late and still no truthful answer about where my property is and when it will be delivered. After reading the Google posts I worry about the condition my property will be in if it ever arrives.
    Do not use Oasis, they are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of doing business with.

• Ke
      1st of Dec, 2008

I read the complaints in here and also the comments, i am seriously confused. Some sound like they have a personal score to settle with the company and some sound like the employees of the company trying to firefight the companies reputation. And now for the real reason i am writing this post.

I used 'an' Oasis moving company for my packing needs and i got a good enough service, that i would expect from a moving company. And i am a kind of person who doesn't expect much. They did their job and i paid their money. But then when i was searching for their numbers online i realised that there are more than 1 Oasis Moving Company. What i see here is a confusion as there are 3 oasis moving companies.

The moving sercvice I availed from was http://www.oasismoving.com/ and the two others which i found has similar names are http://www.oasismovers.com/ and http://www.oasismovingco.com/. So maybe the bad reviews are of these companies and could be that the good reviews are also of these companies...u never know. I added my 2 bits so that i spread the word of the good service that i recieved.

• Ad
      2nd of Dec, 2009

Well Kelvin...your probally an Oasis employee too.
    Sorry but I have figure out how everyone's stuff is broken and missing.

When they delivered my stuff. It was in a different moving truck. So everyone your stuff that you watched them load into the truck. It's moved. I had my items loaded into a small camper being hauled by an F-150. When it showed up at my new place, it was in a bigger truck with someone elses. I also found a duffel bag that was not my husbands. I handed it to the guy and he said to his buddy. "hey we found the bag the guy was asking for" WTF!?!?!
    and not all my stuff came...i'm missing a tub full of blankets.. a small box with my sons baby clothes from his first year and my husbands hoodies...i'm pretty sure there's more but that's what caught my attention

oh and another thing...when the guys installed my dryer...i first told him to make sure that to use the right cord because Texas and NC have different plugs...so he took the plug that was left in there from Texas and the cord for NC and tried to combine them...making a big spark...almost electricuiting him and making the power go out for the whole apartment...dumb ###...guess the guy needs to understand english before he does stuff...I should have done it myself!

so i called the emergency number for the apartment. and they were able to fix it...

also i would like to add...for the Oasis Movers Employee's that read this...YOU DO NOT PUT TAPE ON WOOD!!! ESPECIALLY CHINA CABNEITS!!!
    and yes i may go to hell for this but your employee's need to learn ENGLISH!!!

• Na
      3rd of Jun, 2010

THEY DID THE SAME THING TO ME!!! THEY LIE! JACKED UP MY PRICE, DIDNT LISTEN...NOW I TELL THEM I CAN PAY AND I WAS LIED TO THEY TELL ME THAT THEY WILL PLACE IN A "FREE" STORAGE UNIT FOR ONE MONTH AND CHARGE ME 600. TO RE DELIVER!

• Bl
      2nd of Aug, 2010

From what I Understand it is the practice of all of these moving companies. I used Seven crowns moving to go from NYC to SC. Had it not been for my cunning eye when they were delivering my belongings more then half of my stuff would have remained on the truck and would have driven right off my lawn never to be seen again.

Though that didn't help me to recover the belongings that never made it on to the truck in the first place.

My children and I recently started our own business, of course it was a lot of our pertinent equipment that is missing, and my kids freaking TV!!! There are clothes, jewelry all sorts of things that never made it to SC. Does anyone know what I can do to get compensation?

• Jr
      2nd of Nov, 2016

THIS COMPANY IS BAD NEWS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. The movers damaged numerous pieces of our furniture, including family heirloom furniture, lost pieces of other furniture, broke items that THEY packed including our television, stacked heavy boxes atop boxes that were clearly labeled "Fragile." The company's insurance covered only a small fraction of the damage THIS COMPANY did to our belongings which the owner then neglected to pay out to us. We've moved many times across the years, even cross-country, and I have NEVER seen a company this corrupt nor an owner so careless about his customers and the things they hold valuable.