OAN Services, Inc./Kool Telecom / Monthly Fee/Ideal SavVM charged to my CenturyTel Phone bill

My telephone bill was charged on 7-21-09 a monthly Fee of $22.95. On 7-27-09 my telephone bill was charged another $14.95 for Ideal SavVM. Again on 8-19-09 my telephone bill was charged another $22.95 for a monthly fee. I was also charged $3.65 for taxes, fees and surcharges. The total Exchange Carriers Long Distance charged to my telephone bill by OAN Services, Inc. Was $64.50. I spoke with Brad At [protected] at 6:00pm on 8-31-09 at which time he told me that I had ordered this service, but after questioning him, we found out that somehow someone had gotten my phone number and set up a false account in my name. They had my birthday as being in September, that is not the month I was born in and they had my mothers maiden name as Wells, that is not my mother's maiden name. At this time Brad whose # 5305 cancelled this service and told me I would receive a $45.90 refund within 48 hours. (Confirmation #BH0831090611) I asked about the taxes, fees and surcharges and he said they did not receive any of them even though my CenturyTel bill says they did.

I them called [protected] and spoke to Kevin and then his supervisor at 6:05pm on 8-31-09, Shane when I was getting no where with Kevin, about refunding my the $18.60 which was the $14.95 charge for the Ideal SavVM and the $3.65 taxes, fees and
surcharges. Shane would only agree to refund me $14.95 leaving me to pay $3.65 which my telephone bill states that they were paid. Shane informed me that I would have to wait a period of 1 to 3 billing cycles to receive this refund. (Confirmation #C907777)

I feel that I should be refunded the total that this company received from my telephone company as this company should make sure of who they are dealing with before they sign someone up that is a scamming their company. I work for a newspaper and before we accept any classified ad through an email we ask them to send us a copy of their driver's license and a copy of both back and front of their credit card that they are trying to us. If they are the real person, they send it otherwise we never hear from them again.

Bj

Comments

• Ni
      3rd of Sep, 2009

I just spent about twenty minutes calling three different services to dispute similar fraudulent charges. None of them could locate my account or the source of the charge.

• Cr
      5th of Sep, 2009

Watch out for Caller ID. If you do not want to have your Cell phone number shown up, use Spoof card. This way, no one will get your phone number at all. Only the number you want to show up on their caller ID.

Check it out at:

Keep your numbers private. It works. Try it for free at their website.

• Ay
      7th of Jan, 2010

Charged me for two billing cycles-
    First call to phone company to dispute charges and they gave me total of my bill dropping charges,
    then gave me 877 876 7228 number of billing cooridinator to tell them I have not ordered this and get me off of billing cycle.
    She said a credit will show up on phone bill within two billing cycles,
    We will see

• La
      16th of Feb, 2010

I was just charged, too, for signing up online, even though I never did. I complained and got a credit and confirmation number, but I'm not optimistic that they'll actually apply the credit they said they would issue. I called my phone co. and asked that a claim be filed on the account. It will hold the funds for 3 mos. Does anyone who posted earlier have an update to share?

• Vi
      13th of Aug, 2011

I am so incredibly angry! These insane a-holes (along with a few others) got me for almost 200 bucks in 2 months! :( I was so upset that Verizon put a third party ban on my phone account and is not allowing anyone to use my phone account like an atm machine! I can't believe these people are still in business! OMG! I'm so insanely angry! >:( Why haven't the FBI descended upon these leeches and kicked some leech ###?