OAN Services, Inc./E-SECURE SVCS,LLC / Billed unauthorized charges to my phone bill.

Phone: 1-800-926-6435

I just got my att phone bill and had a charge of $12.10 from OAN Services, Inc. I never authorized this charge nor talked to these people much less ever heard of them. You would think that att would investigate these charges prior to adding them to a customer's bill. I'm tired of every time I get att's bill that I have something wrong on my bill, charges for services that I never requested. Then there's some butt-wipe employee that tries to talk to me like I'm the ### of the earth and don't deserve the time of day from them. Maybe it's time for new management from top to bottom. Maybe it would be best if we all made enough noise about these problems all it once to the president of att to get something done about it. What do ya'll think?

Comments

31st of Dec, 2008

Had the same problem last month Nov 2008. My bill was for $9.10. I have never heard of this company before.
    The telephone companies should be prohibited from billing for third party vendors. They are facilitating unlawful scams. The U.S. is I believe the only country in the world that allows this nonsense. I complained direct to OAN and their charge wasn't on this month's invoice but AT&T still billed me for last month's charge which I had refused to pay, plus .14 cents interest! Go figure. We'll see what next month's bill brings.

• Mj
      11th of Feb, 2009

i received a $9.60 bill from OAN/E-Secure Services on my AT&T bill. I emailed OAN Services to complain and ask for a credit. OAN responded that the actual company that billed us was E-Secure Services, and that my request was forwarded on. I feel like I got the run-around, but no action.

• Kk
      10th of Mar, 2009

i too received charges on my at& t bill..in the tune of $18.20. Who are these people and who can we complain to that will get something done about this. I am refusing to also pay this fee that I never made! This makes me mad! If people don't watch their bills they will be just paying it. I too every month get items billed on my AT & T bill and each month it's a fight! I am so tired of this!

• Js
      18th of May, 2009

I too have two months of charges for $9.10 each without authorization from me. I don't even know what this service is. I tried to call the number on the ATT bill three different times and no one answers. I agree that we need to file a civil action case to prevent this from happening to others and by others like this company.

J from Houston Texas

• Vi
      16th of Jul, 2009

I have the same problem on my bill at this time this is what it says and I have never heard of this place.

This section of the bill reflects charges and/or credits applied
    to your account.
    No. Date Description

E-SECURE SERVICES, LLC #
    For billing questions call 1-888-827-7762
    4 -01 06-21 E-SECURE SVCS, LLC-EMAIL SVC MTH FEE 9.10
    # New services provided and billed.

Total OAN Services, Inc. 9.10

• Am
      17th of Jul, 2009

just found this same BS on my bill. tracing it back four months at $9.10.

I don't know how this stuff gets attached, but I regularly have some scam-bill being tagged along. I even set it up that there should be no phone subscriptions without my personal authorization, but it's still there.

So far my at&t person is being helpful, as I try to sort this out.

• Am
      17th of Jul, 2009

Direct line to E-secure 1-866-474-1256

Additional lines: 1-888-827-7762 and 1800 295 3933

Open only M-F 8 am to 7 pm Central Standard time.

what that means to us in CA, I'm not quite sure. I expect to get some run around, but they'll get tired of me before I'll even consider letting this go.

By the way, my at&t guy (colton) was helpful in getting this information and removed $60 worth of charges off my bill to tide me over until I can get it straightened out with E-Secure.

• Je
      15th of Sep, 2009

Got the same charges on my bill for services I never ordered! This is the first month the charges are on it $9.10. I called the OAN company they said I would have to pay for this months bill but next month it would be taken off. I asked him for what services was I paying and he said webhosting email services, but that was all the info he could give. I started reading complaints and it seems that usually it takes 3-4 months to get them to stop charging your bill so I decided to call AT&T back. They are sending me a form to block third party accounts from my AT&T service. There is no charge for this service. (she said anyway) I also called Channel 2 works for you and left a message. If everyone starts calling and doing the same maybe we will get something done about this. I also would like to put a complaint in to the Better Business Bureau but can't seem to find OAN's address anywhere? I hope AT&T hurry up with those block third party forms!!!

• Ka
      2nd of Oct, 2009

If you call AtT&T and ask them to put a 3rd party block on your phone, this wont happen any more. They cant bill you with a 3rd party block on your phone line, even if they put the authorization on before you put the 3rd party block on.

Hope this helps!

• Xe
      13th of Oct, 2009

Got the same charge on this month's AT&T bill. Called OAN custom service # (866-474-1256)and the lady on the other side of the line was really nice and helpful. So helpful that it made me suspicious that they were really going to take care of my request for refund/cancel. Mainly because even before I made any complains she was already explaining that it's a pop-up feature that if I haven't agreed on signing in, she would cancel right away and send a credit note to AT&T to be shown on next bill cycle. Too easy! So, to play on the safe side, and after reading this forum, I followed the advices and called AT&T to place a block on it. It's amazing that it took me three separate calls to get it done because AT&T operators wanted to sell me the U-Verse program and one of them told me that I can place a third party block ONLY with U-verse... The third and last agent (Colleen) was much more sympathetic and placed the block for me. Off course, she also tried to sell the U-verse, but wasn't pushy. I politely declined because I'm planning to move soon.

By the way, Colleen also suggested that I place a complaint with government agencies (i.e. CPUC) if OAN doesn't come true on their promise to immediately cancel the charge.