OAN Services / manipulate phone calls to get you into charges

OAN Services should not be trusted they manipulate phone calls to get you into charges on your phone bill that can ad up quickly $29.95.

Tr

Comments

• St
      30th of Apr, 2007

I can't believe that any no one else has been ripped off by OAN since last entry of 9/2006! This is my second attempt to get OAN to take their $8.43 charge off of our phone bill, 2 months in a row! They claim they have my phone # with some other name. I told 'OAN', "fool me once same on you, fool me twice shame on me". If not taken care of by next month, the Better Business Bureau will be hearing from me!

• Ud
      21st of May, 2007
    OAN Services - OAN Services is a rip off and scam!

I received my ATT phone bill and immediately knew something was amiss. My phone bill is usually . I opened my current bill and it was $35.96.

The charge for the call was $35.96 billed by OAN Services, Inc. with a number listed for them as 1-800-441-9678.

I stated to the staff person, that if this became a regular occurrence, that I would cancel my hard line phone and just use my cell phone.

It appears OAN believes it can tack on a $35.96 charge to a bill here, and another charge to a bill somewhere else and people won't notice the charge and just pay them. Unfortunately for them, there are those of us who do not have 2 or 3 pages of long distance calls and collect calls each month, we have none, so we catch them at their scam.

• Su
      24th of May, 2007

I just noticed for the first time a tacked on charge from OAN on my verizon bill.

I am angry at Verizon for allowing these scam artists to get away with this. There are complaints of fraud and unscrupulous charges all over the internet by this shady outfit.

My bill shows a charge of $7.50 for 1 minute to a number I do not recognize. It doesn't even look like a telephone number.

Verizon and other phone companies should be pressured to protect their customers or face a class action suit.

• Su
      2nd of Jun, 2007
    OAN Services - Billed for canceled service

OAN continues to bill me for Long Distance service that I canceled 4 months ago. When I try to call and talk to them about it, they admit the service was canceled, but can't explain why I am still being billed. The last supervisor was rude and totally unprofessional. She said she had the power to delete the charges in one day or she could wait more than a week before she deleted them if she wanted to. This company really is a scam. They are illegally collecting money for not providing service. Then they threaten you when you catch them at their game. Someone needs to slap a class action lawsuit on them.

• Al
      12th of Aug, 2007

The same thing happened to me on my AT&T phone bill and my BellSouth bills before they merged with AT & T. Starting in April 2007, a company going by the name of ILD Teleservices, Inc dba Selected Services, Inc. started charging me for Voice Mail Services (Unauthorized)in the amount of $13.94 per month. I was out of town for a while and didn't get around to looking at my phone bills until today. Not only ILD charges showed up. In July OAN Services, Inc. dba YourBillingSolution started charging a VM Setup Fee of $9.07. I Googled both company names and came up with a great many annoyed telephone customers. There are fraud charges being fought in the courts as well. I had been filling out survey for free samples. I am pretty sure that is how they found my information. I am trying to fill out complaint forms with Consumer Reports and [redacted]s but can not find their mailing addresses. I am sure there are a whole bunch of people out there unaware of being scammed. I don't know if I will be able to get my money back, but I am no longer going to have the paperless bill and payment plans.

• Do
      8th of Sep, 2007
    OAN Services - False billing!

I just received my Verizon phone bill. On the bill is a $ 7.64 charge, for a 1 minute operator assisted phone call, allegedly made from my phone. This charge was submitted by OAN Services, Inc. on Aug 10, 2007 at 3:07 pm. I know that this call was not made from my phone and I know that no one was home at the time of the alleged phone call. I also seem to recall that the same happened several years ago. Upon searching the Web I see that other people have complained about the same thing happening to them. My question is this, What government officials are on the take. Why hasn't this company been severely fined or close down for consumer fraud.

• Do
      15th of Oct, 2007

oan services inc. on our phone bill.! unautherized billing !

• De
      2nd of Nov, 2007
    OAN Services - Bogus charges on phone bill!

I received charges on my AT&T home phone bill for $9.23 (8.43 + communication taxes) on a day that I was 1000 miles away from my home. When I called their 800 number on my bill the person on the other side of the world said it could take up to two billing cycles for the charge to be removed. That means they get to use this money for two months with no interest. That is just my $10 plus how many others? 1,000... 10,000 ... 100,000... 1,000,000 x $10.00 easy money for OAN. How many people would even notice this charge. It was easy for me to spot my phone bill is normally $24.00 per month. Some people may have larger phone bills and the charge may go unnoticed or they don't think it is worth disputing. Now I have to pay the additional charges to avoid additional charges for not paying the scammed charges while they have my money (and others) in their pocket for two months interest free. This needs to be stopped. I vaguely remember this happening before with my phone bill but not sure if it was the same company.

• Wa
      16th of Nov, 2007

I have been getting charged for something I never ordered if you keep it Im going to contact the attorney generals office.

• Sh
      14th of Dec, 2007

I also got a charge on my phone from OAN for a 1 min call I did not make. $7.57.. I called Oan and they said they would take it off or I believe that is what the guy said since I did not understand him too well and he would not or could not tell me what OAN was. And then I called Verizon and told them and they said they would take it off. And they also said that they could not tell me who OAN was but did accept their bill to me. She said that they come across that we have signed up for some service that gets charged to our account and the funny thing is it is a operater dailed charged ,not directly from my phone... so watch it out there.. I have checked my phone bills to see if this is the first and it was. So watch for those OAN charges that no one really makes

• Mi
      26th of Dec, 2007

I received a charge from OAN Services Inc. for a collect call on behalf of PCS Roaming. After three attempts to OAN Services, Inc. they still are trying to charge me for this call. The first I get some rep that was very difficult to understand, but could have sworn she said they were refunding it. After call number two I find out they are not. After a nice chewing out of the rep on this call, they gave me the phone number of PCS, which I contacted myself. They have no record of my phone number nor do they use OAN for billing at all. It also is a prepaid calling company for inmates. They do their own. They also tell me it is a prepaid calling card company for inmates. I don't even know any inmates, and again it is prepaid, not billed to your home phone. I contacted OAN a third time via email giving them this information, and also a 30 day time frame to refund the fee, or I will be taking legal action. The charge is only for $5.39 plus tax, but the point is it isn't my call. I can see them doing this to many other consumers with ease. What a scam. We shall see what happens after this last email, and hey, looks like we have enough people out there to file a class action suit if needed.

• Id
      9th of Jan, 2008

For the past 3 mos my phone bill had had a billing from oan for greentree datamofoe and ive never heard oif this place and want my money back ive tried to contact them and this was about 2 wks ago and never got a reply. im on limited income and dont get much my money is needed for bills and drs. not for junk like this sounds like to me please help.

3rd of Feb, 2008

Who are these people. never heard of them and received a charge on my latest phone bill from at&t. this is why i left at& t

27th of Feb, 2008

I have been getting charged for this "service" that I don't even know about through my business At&t bill since May of last year! They recorded my voice on some bogus line, saying I agreed to it. Never do anything over the phone that they can change the questions to later!

13th of Mar, 2008

Boycott att and verizon because they allow unauthorized charges on your phone bill. they are helping the scammers!!!

• Br
      17th of Mar, 2008

Oan services is such a rip off they don't ask you if you want their service they just attach them selves to something that you go to. they are thievesthieves!!! never do business with them. they think you are made of money, why not if they can steel your's why not! right, I say they are.

• He
      6th of Apr, 2008

I also have just gotten a rip off bill to a non-existent number, through Verizon. How much of this nonsense has to occur before Verizon, ATT etc. refuse to do their billing for them? Do they have any actual legitimate business? Or are they strictly there to rip people off for amounts that are relatively small $7.36, in my case), hoping they will ignore it and pay it?

I'm forwarding this and this webpage to NYS Attorneys General office, let's see if that does any good.

• Va
      13th of Apr, 2008
    OAN Services - False charge
    OAN Services
    www.oanservices.com

We had a charge of $12.95 in our bill from a Oan Services inc and we dont know why can you please figure this out and take it off. Make sure this does not happen again my parents got really upset because the internet bill and phone bill was really high it was because there was some kind of fee from a website no one entered it came from Oan services inc please figure out why and dont let it happen again. I thank you for the time to read this but hopefully you guys figure out why and how this happened thanks!

21st of Apr, 2008

OAN is a rip off. Please make certain you report them to your state attorney general's office and FCC. This is a case of phone cramming and it is illegal.

• Da
      29th of Apr, 2008

I too have been Crammed by OAN Services please file a report to the FTC, http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/03/cram.shtm they need your info to stop this kind of predatory billing.