OAN Servicesfraudulent billing

1 Review updated:

I received a charge of $10.08 on my home phone bill back in feb. 2009 from this company. When I called to ask them what the charge was for - they gave me a line that I had ordered to increase my email to 1 gig. I never ordered this - never used it - would never even have a need for it (let alone, hardly knew what they were talking about). When I asked them to please remove this charge from my phone bill they assured me they would and it would take 30-60 billing days. It's now (as of july 2009) been 5 months. I have been deducting this amt. From my regular phone bill every month. I called my carrier (at&t) today - and they were kind enough back in june to file a claim with this 3rd party on my behalf. When I called oan last week - I was told it would come off in 2-3 days. Still waiting... Don't let these guys get away with this.

Ka

Comments

• Th
      Feb 16, 2008
    OAN Services - Phone bill charges!
    1645 payne ave.
    Findlay
    Ohio
    Phone: [protected]

We can't seem to get them to stop charging our phone bill for something we did not request. We've called them & was told it would be stopped; that it might take a couple of months to get straightened out, but we are still getting billed. This needs to stopped.

• Ct
      Feb 18, 2008

Who in hell is oan? why are they charging my elserly mother 8.73 a month who are they.

• Wa
      Feb 27, 2008

Complaint is perfectly justified. happened to me, too. naturally, I could never get through to oan when calling to try and resolve the problem. they simply refused to asnwer the telephone.. I filed complaints with the california public utilities commission, the california attorney general’s office and the federal communications commission. the imperious fcc (the only ones to reply) suggested it was my problem to contact the original billing agency (evidently oan bills on behalf of an original biller, identified only by a code number.). I alluded to the literally hundreds of complaints decrying this scam operation that appeared on google. the fcc rep said that was not their problem??? another good example of a government in crisis not working on behalf of the people!!

• Cc
      May 28, 2008
    OAN Services - Unauthorized charges for voice-mail services
    OAN Services (on behalf of West Telecom)
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania

I have just discovered that I have been billed $21.35 per month (for over a year) for voice-mail services through Verizon by a "third party biller", OAN Services. These services were never authorized. When I phoned OAN to find out who authorized this and when, customer service was not forthcoming with the information. I'm going to report this to the Better Business Bureau.

• Al
      Aug 23, 2008
    OAN Services - Bogus Billing
    California

Oan services, inc. has slammed me for double 12.95 charge per month.
    Even after I have called and asked to be removed, since I never ordered a voice mail sevice??
    Nor would I ever use voice mail! so, after I had them remove me from the list I am again getting
    Charged twice $12.95 a month! this is the third time in two years
    That this charge appears on my phone bill.

• Th
      Sep 11, 2008

This is a shame that Verizon is allowing this to happen. I just opened my bill and found this charge for E-mail alerts at the cost of $14.95. It's time to change my provider to Vonage or Magic Jack. I've read other complaints and Verizon is aware of this scam and should be held accountable as a third party by allowing this fraud. If you knock on my door to collect monies you know to be fraudulent you are an accomplice.

Sep 29, 2008
    OAN Services - non authorized billing
    N/A
    555 N hathaway # 807
    Banning
    Phone: [protected]

Last month I noticed I was being billed by OAN services, inc. I called the number provided on my Verizon phone bill. The secretary took my number and told me someone would call me back. I never received a call back. Today I called OAN services again and the rep told me their computers were down. I want this company to pay me back the money they gave taken without my consent.

•   Oct 21, 2008

I just got my Verizon bill for the month of October, 2008 and there is a charge "on behalf of [protected]" by OAN Services, Inc. The charged call was never made and I have no idea "who" this [protected] is. I note there are multiple complaints against OAN for this identical fraudulent action. I am filing a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General and refuse to pay the charge. I am also CANCELING my Verizon phone service. I've had enough with their cr*p!

Oct 27, 2008
    OAN Services - Laurentel Voice Mail
    Laurentel
    519 Colby Ridge Blvd.
    Winchester
    Kentucky
    cancelmyvm.com

The very fact they have a website called cancel my voice mail tells you what crooks they are. This bogus charge popped up unauthorized on my phone bill. When I called to complain, I was told by someone in very poor English that it had been ordered with my email address. NOT!!! This makes me furious at the thought of how many people they've bilked with this underhanded ploy.

• Df
      Nov 03, 2008

Most recent Verizon phone bill had charges from this company on it. I called OAN and they claim that they are immediately removing the charges. Then I called Verizon to complain and alertthem that I believe something fraudulent was happening. Verizon agreed to exempt me from any "late charges" fo rfailure to pay the value of the OAN billing. It was only $12.00 but I never authorized it.

Do I need to go to the FCC with this?

• Ka
      Nov 14, 2008

The same thing happen to me as well. I am still trying to get to the bottom of this!

• On
      Nov 24, 2008

I too have OAN services charged on my phone bill...the number you call doesn't go thru and centurytel.net is no help...If nothing is done I'm changing to Charter for my phone services
    and i never used voice mail so I want all my money back or I will see them in court

Ona Hagreen

1817 Cherry Street
    Muskegon
    Michigan
    Phone: [protected]

On my verizon bill an unexplained charge to oan services for greentreedata was added to my bill. I want to know how to get it off and stop agencies from adding bogus charges to any one bill. It happens on my credit card all the time and I'm not taking it anymore.

• Cu
      Nov 28, 2008

OAN also billed me in connecting with my AT&T phone bills for services that I never requested. The customer service is from the Philippines who could barely speak English. This a a scam I was told that they will refund my money in 60 days and I don't believe the person on the other line.
    I simply won't pay for the services...and will complain to the FCC, Texas
    bussiness authority in Austin, TX etc...and AT&T as well.

• Ca
      Dec 04, 2008
    OAN Services - Charged without razon
    Private house
    31 53 97th street
    East Elmhurst
    New York
    Phone: [protected]

I was charged without, by OAN Services, without my autorization for 22.95 by 11 /13, plus .71 for tax a total of 23.66.

I already call the company, where I let they know my disagreement with that charge.

• Do
      Dec 09, 2008
    oanservices.com

My 89 year old mother is being charged $12.95 per month by USA Voice Mail. There is no way she could use the service. She is deaf. Her internet/telephone provider says they cannot remove the charges. Only USA Voice Mail can do that they say. What a mess!

• Ps
      Dec 15, 2008

Thanks for posting the phone number you were charged for. It is the EXACT fake phone number I was charged for on my Verizon November bill from OAN. I almost just payed without looking, but noticed it was $7.64 higher than previous months. I have yet to call, but I will call both OAN and Verizon today. What a scam. The number I was billed for was also [protected]

• Ps
      Dec 15, 2008

I was charged $7.64 on my Verizon November bill from OAN. I have yet to call, but I will call both OAN and Verizon today. What a scam. The fake number I was billed for was [protected]

Dec 17, 2008
    OAN Services - unauthorized charges on my phone bill for unsed voice mail.
    oan services
    528 webster street
    Pineville
    Louisiana
    Phone: [protected]

Please cancel any services and charges they think i owe for some voice mail service they say I have on my phone . I don't need any voice mail . I called them twice last night on the 16th of Dec. i need them to stop charging me on my phone bill. thank you Charles m. Fett

• To
      Feb 18, 2009

I was billed for this telephone number on my bill for $7.15. It is a disconnected cellular telephone number that has not been in use for two years! I am also disputing my billing.

• Ru
      Apr 07, 2009

I guess alot of this fraudulent billing is going on. Seems to me that if Verizon allows them to bill us on the phone bill they send us, then they to should have to pay us back for all of the aggravation it causes people. I to have the same number on my bill as everyone else does.

Rushhead

• Cl
      May 01, 2009
    OAN Services - Charges I didn't make
    Barre
    Massachusetts

I was charges $7.50 on my Verizon phone bill for service I never used, access or whatever. There needs to be a law against this happening. I check my bills but alot of people probably don't and illegal behavior like this should close the company down

• Pa
      May 02, 2009

applied for slassmates.com and now I have a bill on my credit card for savingsace for which I know nothing about I would like for this charge to quit or I will be going to court with illegal use of credit cards. I recieve no emails or savings offers from this place. I believe the internet is a joke, when you apply for things like jobs, the only ones calling you is colleges. I don't even apply to them. It was bad enough having telemarkers calling all the time now it is colleges and illegal charges. I want something done about this

• Li
      May 21, 2009
    KOOL Telecom

A charge of $22.94 was fraudulently put on my CenturyTel phone bill. My information must have been stolen.

• Ab
      May 28, 2009

Company Information:
    OAN Services Inc
    www.oanweb.com

I have received by Verizon bill for the Month of May 2009. I have got a charge of $ 8.23 on May 11th for YBS VM Monthly Fee. I never have requested any of this service from OAN Services Inc. I have noted there are multiple complaints against OAN Services Inc for this type of fraudulent billing. I will be disputing these charges with Verizon and will try to call the OAN billing number - [protected].
    I would like to know from Verizon how they allow this scam to be billed through them ? I had put a freeze on my long distance calling due to a similar problem earlier.

Abraham Samuel

• Ka
      Jun 03, 2009

You really should contact CenturyTel. I have had that happen before and they advised me to put a third party block on my account so it wouldn't happen anymore and it hasn't. Katie

• Cm
      Oct 11, 2009

Wow, first of all learn to type in proper English. If you spoke to the OAN people the way you type there might have been a lack in communication from the start. Let me get this straight, you were on the internet and filled out the form which includes reading the terms and checking the box that you have read them, entered your mothers maiden name along with your address, billing phone number and your email address and hit the submit button. Then if you entered the correct email address (some people make up fake ones when they are filling out forms for free stuff, I understand I've done it) you overlooked a confirmation email that was sent to you explaining what you just signed up for and how to use it and how much the charge would be monthly. Some one should put a net Nanny on your user account. What do you think that companies just sit around all day dreaming up phone numbers, that just so happen to match the address and the owners name? Not to mention the fact that in most cases the account holders mother's maiden name was given. Stop sketching on the computer, entering contests, and signing up for all those free offers. Be responsible with your personal information. Check into what your children are signing you up for and limit their access to the internet. Don't get pissed off at the company that is simply billing you for what you said that you wanted. Grow up and face it when you make a mistake and stop expecting everyone else to pay for them. You should have been billed and you should be made to pay that bill. If you don't want that service then cancel it. But accept responsibility for signing up for it or allowing your child to be on the internet without you knowing what they are doing. I had let my son use the computer one night while I went to bed early. He found a site that offered him some free stuff and he only needed a CC for shipping and handling charges. Thinking it would be okay to only use 1.97 on my card he entered all the information as though I were signing up for this and entered my CC info. When my statement came that next month I had charges I did not recognize and I called to find out what they were. When I found out what date and time these transactions took place I knew that it was my son. Did I try to tell the rep on the phone that I was not responsible for these charges? NO!! My son is a minor therefor I was responsible for the charges and the membership fees that he signed me up for. At least the last time I checked, parents are still accountable for their minor children. I cancelled the account and changed my CC information and my son was totally grounded from the computer until I added parental controls. I also don't leave my purse with my CC in it where it can be accessed by anyone in my house. Stop your whining and belly aching about charges that you think you didn't sign up for, think logically and realize there isn't anyone out there to get you. Big business has not singled you out to bill some fake charge to. You are deluding yourself if you think that you are that important, pay your bills and more on.

• Jb
      Feb 10, 2010

I was also "slammed" by Greentreedata. I got through to the company on the first try and complained I never authorized this service. They were very agreeable and honored my request to refund ALL MONIES taken from me. They must know they are under investigation! Now we will see if they do honor my demands.
    Berwick, PA

• Nh
      Feb 15, 2010

I had the same experience as Berwick, PA, but I'm continuing to get billed on my phone bill. Please let me know if you ever get your money back.

• Cy
      Mar 12, 2010

Have had the same problem with the [protected] number. We were billed for 7.21 for one information call to this number. (so they say) I refuse to pay. ILD also had been billing us (for several months before I caught it) $39.95 for a long distance service that we NEVER requested or authorized! We have had issues like this (3rd party billings) that I have over 10 hourse wrapped up in trying to straighten out over the last year. When one comes off another one or two comes ON our bills (We have 2 businesses and 2 cell phones that we have had these problems with)
    All total we have been billed for over $1200 in 3rd party charges over the last year or so. This, to me, is unbelievable! I cannot understand why the FCC that demands the phone companies allow this 3rd party billing, doesn't DO something about this!
    I have complained to our Attorney General several times. I would suggest everyone hear do the same in their state and I would think we can complain to the FCC, also. I'm going to check that out.
    Good Luck to all of you,

• Df
      Apr 09, 2010

It's definitely a SCAM and unfortunately there's not much we can do about it. Verizon won't do anything about it because according to them, by law FCC can allow 3rd party billing. Just be glad for those who found out soon enough and didn't have to pay as much as others. My disadvantage is that my only local phone company is Verizon, so well, I paid a one time $8 fee for blocking 3rd party billing. Is a shame and unfair to pay for those ridiculous SCAM charges. Talking to Verizon and FCC is like talking to the wall. So might as well pay $8 to avoid all these confrontations once and for all. I just called the YBS number provided on my bill [protected]) and spoke with someone name Fay from customer service who didn't know who was YBS neither. I asked her to issue the credit and cancel the account which she verified she did but I really woudn't know until a month or 2 later. Good luck to me if they'll really return the money.

• Sm
      Apr 20, 2010
    OAN Services - Billing
    California

Opened up my att phone bill and there was a 15.00 charge on my bill from OAN Services for 411 assisted calls. I immediatly called them and they said I ok'd on line to hook up to there services. I asked for the date of the email they gave it to me and I ahve no record of that email. They gave me credit and blocked any one from using that service.

So heads up guys!! on your phone bills

• Gk
      May 02, 2010
    Pennsylvania

I opened my verizon bill to find that i was billed 21.18 for services provided by oan services .These services were not authorized and I had no idea were they came from.

• Hd
      Jul 03, 2010
    Laurentel, Inc-LD
    E Evelyn Av
    Sunnyvale
    Phone: [protected]

The company Laurentel deducted since December 2009 $8.23 from my AT&T account without me ordering or authorizing them.
    Please remove them and reimburse the amount paid already

Jul 25, 2010

Sure call the fcc. I called them a year ago about oan's frauduelent charges and received a letter yesterday. sharon bowes, the deputy division chief told me she received a letter from oan justifying the charge. the letter was not included. she informed me that they were "closing the case against oan" and that if I was "dissatified" I could file a formal complaint which requires evidence and paying a filing fee. I guess that is the reason the oan rep just laughed at me when I told him I would contact the fcc. they are in on the deal. just ms. bowers is an obama appointee and they probably get a got of money from oan. sure call the fcc enforcement bureau in washington d.c. and they wil laugh at you too. this whole country is corrupt. there are complaints boards one after another on oan and the fcc just ties you up in red tape. you will die first before these idiots take any action against oan.

• Ti
      Aug 26, 2010
    oan services.inc
    69 edgewood road bradford pa 16701
    Bradford
    [protected]@yahoo.com

I recieved an unauthorized charge on my fathers phone bill.He is 81 years old and has alzheimers and he doesnt always know what he is doing on the computer.He has my account and sometimes puts stuff in my name and then he has these extra charges on this phone that he cant afford.Sincerly Beverly Stoddard.

• Da
      Nov 22, 2010

I got billed 15.96/month by OAN too to my AT&T phone line. Called AT&T they let me call OAN. Called OAN they said I ordered some radio service I have never heard of. The guy answered the phone has some special accent made his English hard to understand. They said I ordered online. That is impossible. They will cancel it for me but need 1-2 billing cycles.
    I called AT&T again, they said I better pay it otherwise it will be shown as over due and may affect my credit. They can block further charges from OAN. They can not block others so if this kind of companies change into another name, they will charge us again.

Dec 14, 2010

I was also scammed by oan services they say my wife ordered this service. my wife doesn't use the computer she does not no how to order. I order for her. oan sent me a copy of her purchase using a 10yr old email address that I used to play mini clips pool online over 10 yrs ago. we were scammed 14.95 monthly x 2 months. I called at&t and they would get me a refund. these people should be imprisioned for these scamms

Jc

• Vi
      Feb 15, 2011

Charged our bill and we never ordered it. att includes the oan bill as the last page of the att bill, except it has the oan logo! oan refuses to take any responsibility!!! oan bills on behalf of kool telecom, another fraud! they grabbed an unused phone line. our clerk wasnt looking at the billing detail carefully. finally reached kool telecom, in los angeles, and they said someone had typed in one of our company phone numbers when requesting the kool telecom service (yeah, sure!) they agreed to research the issue and refund the charges. we'll see. I expected them to be based in nigeria or somewhere. maybe we will get a refund.

• Ri
      Jan 27, 2012
    Clarksville
    Tennessee
    Phone: 931.645.3060
    [protected]@aol.com

Individual who was promoting the oan services implied it was required. I have thought all this time it was from at&t and a necessary function. my daughter was questioning my bill. can it be stopped?. it is difficult to contact an agent. is this a reason why I cannot access any of my messages when trying to call at & t to retrieve them? thank you.