Oakley / bad service

1 Foothill Ranch, CA, United States Review updated:

I make a purchase on june 21 for a dock pant for 75, 00$ + 6.58 s/h recieved my product june 25 but the zipper was broke and I got the wrong size so called cs they told me to send it back that they have my size available, the same day I send it back (Paid the sh) them wait for like a month and nothing so called back and they told me that may take around 4 weeks so should it be soon wait another week called again and they told me that they just recieved the product so its gonna be around 4 week more from now!!! Also they doenst have my size so maybe a little more I said what I dont need it no more so I want my money back she said is ok but wait another week and im still no receiving my refund called againg they told me they will refund it by tomorrow guess what today is september 2 and nothing!!! This is the worse services ever!!!

Va

Comments

22nd of Nov, 2008

I've bought numerous pairs of Oakley sunglasses and it seems like that they always have an issue with them about a month or two after the warranty expires. I called them to explain that the arm on the last 3 pairs of glasses that i bought have come apart...they told me to send them with a $39.00 money order and they would replace the arm. At first i agreed but the more i thought about it i got upset. I did send them in with a letter explaining my frustration (without a money order). I told them that if they didn't want to replace them that it would be fine but i would not ever purchase another pair of Oakley's again. I have spent close to $2000.00 with there company...i'm curious to see if they fix them at no charge or not. I'l post another comment when i get my glasses back.

25th of Jun, 2009

I bought pair of sunglass for my husband from the oakley store in orlando premium outlet mall on 6/24/09, when i gat home they were little scrached, so next day 6/25/09 i took them back to the store and ask for an exchange, but that was a very very bad expiriance with oakley. they totaly refused to do the exchange, the assistant manager his name (Eric bryant) was very loud to me also the store manager name (jason jacobs) was completely rude and told me they will not do the exchange and i can complain to who ever i want to.that was very poor customer service, i just want to let every one know i might loose my $100.00 but that much i know that i will not do any more busniess with oakley in future.thanks every one! my name is siddika chowdhury ph#407-749-2363

• Ro
      25th of Jun, 2009

indians are famous for this scam and only the most stupid of retailers will fall for it.

you bought these sunglasses a long time ago, and now they are scratched, and you want yourself a new pair without paying for it.

so, you go to the kiosk and buy a new pair of the same glasses. Then you return the next day with the old sunglasses and your 'fresh' receipt from the day before, and attempt to get them to switch for a new pair.

if they fall for it, you will end up with two fresh pairs of glasses, one of which you sell to one of your family members for a lower price. Everyone's happy except the unsuspecting American merchant!

• Ir
      5th of Jan, 2010

I just got off the phone with Oakley customer service. They have no regard for any of their customers and are not the friendliest of people. I was told yesterday, after 2 phone calls totaling literally over two hours, that b/c their system was down that they could not cancel an order. They told I would need to call back, despite my suggestion that they simply write down the order number and cancel it when the system came back up. There was no supervisor with whom to speak and they would not provide a first name or employee number of one (shady).

So, I called back today and it now can't be canceled b/c it's "in process". It looks like they will probably ship my items, then I will have to get a return shipping label and they can pay for shipping twice (hmmm, could have avoided that as well as the man hours spent by simply writing down "Cancel this order number" and doing it when the system comes up like any other customer service dept would have done). If they refuse to send a return label, I will then go to my credit card company and let them deal with it, which they will.

All b/c of poor untrained customer service reps, who are useless aside from giving bad news, Oakley has lost a customer for life. I will never buy anything from them again, nor will anyone over whom i have any influence.

The simple answer for them is to rebcgnize problems, take ownership for them, and take simple steps to correct the situations. My issue was something that was so easy to resolve, that i can't believe it's taken this much time and effort. If I was an exec at that company, I'd be embarrassed.

btw: their BS about, "email us and a supervisor will call you within 24 hours, " is another lie. it has now been 24 hours since my first email and I've had no response.

13th of May, 2010

"Oakley blends science and art to redefine product categories by rejecting the constraints of conventional ideas." more like, OAKLEY BLENDS BULLSH1T AND ART OF LYING TO REDEFINE PRODUCT CATEGORIES BY REJECTING CUSTOMERS.

I had bought this custom juliet lately over oakley.com which is actually a very bad idea because you won't be able to check it for defects. I arranged for a warranty for the misaligned stem w/c was a factory defect, oakley USA said it would be ok to have it changed in the Philippines since i'll be on vacation there for a month. When I arrived at MEERA (oakley phil) my claim was rejected, they said I don't have the official receipt even though I have previously provided them thru email an electronic order receipt to prove that it's still under warranty. I was wondering if that manger was aware of the fact that I bought it online there is no official receipt or maybe just plain lazy to look thru her emails as i have already sent several emails before I went there or just plain bullsh1tting.
    After the incident I went back to Saudi Arabia and once again tried another warranty claim hoping oakley middle east (UAE) was more sensible to my dismay no good thing has come out of it. I had a chance to exchange emails with the brand manager and he told me that normally they don't do warranties for products bought thru oakley.com ([censored] oakley does not warranty things bought on their website, obviously another BULSSH1T) but will consider my case if I send it under my expense to UAE (oakley middle east) which is another country or send it thru an authorized dealer for free. So any person in the right state of mind will opt for AD which is free and for the obvious reason that you already spend so much on the damn product that was defective in the first place so sending it under your expense is no longer an option here. Unfortunately, when I approached the authorized dealer they were playing hardball and informed me that oakley didn't claim to shoulder the freight expenses and they certainly wouldn't also. I was so disappointed that I decided to claim the warranty anymore.

Now my conclusion is that oakley is a company that BLENDS BULLSH1T AND ART OF LYING.

• Ki
      24th of May, 2010

try going to the stores in illinois!!! specifically in woodfield mall at schaumburg, outlet malls in gurnee, il and aurora, il...its not just bad service, the bad people who works there just chat all day, pretends they dont see u when u walk in the stores- its sad that they act this way working for retails..the manager in aurora last sat may 22, 2010 was so loud and acting so angry at the world, its ridiculous she still have a job there, as i was looking at a particular bag, this manager yells from the other side where i was standing and said "thats a $120 bag!", the voice so loud everyone in the store turned around to see whats going on, she must have thought that my true religion pants cannot afford her $120 bag... and ive been writing to oakley people and calling them with no help..its not about the clothes or sunglasses anymore, its about the attitude of these people that needs to be penalized...ofcourse oakley has no customer service complaint about their own people..looked anywhere..none...oakley is a high end glasses with low quality people working for them...but then again..how hard is it really to fold clothes and clean the sunglasses?
    theres no reason for any attitude, esp if you are behind that counter...whatever happen to GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE? your stuff is not cheap, but your people are cheap. You lost a customer that saturday that owns thousand of dollors worth of oakley stuff, from shirts, to 20 something sweaters, 10 pairs of sunglasses, bags, carry-ons and book bags. Thats sad. All because of NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

11th of Aug, 2010

Get this one,

I have a set of Oakely Orokr Pro shades that are still under warranty. They tell me send them in, 3 weeks later they tell me they need proof of purchase ( which was in the box i sent them with the glasses). Ok fine, fax them the info. they say OK we'll go ahead and repair your glasses. two weeks later they call me and tell me they have no parts to fix them and are sending them back to me UNREPAIRED!!!

Apparently its tough luck for me. are you kidding me?

How can you sell a product and then say sorry we have no parts to fix it. better yet their stores still have them in stock!!!

I'll NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER OAKLEY PRODUCT.

I may even sue them as my glasses are still under warranty!!

• Co
      30th of Jul, 2011

They suck... I lost the rubber washer when replacing my lens on my Juilets and I took them to the Oakley store here in Phoenix. They told me to call customer service and it shouldn't be an issue to get another piece. The problem is that the washer actually holds the lens in place and keeps it from popping out... so when I call customer service and tell them what I need and that I am willing to pay for it, they connect me with their SERVICE DEPT. Talk about a run-a-around with these guys... they said that they didn't sell or have this item I needed, but if I sent them in for a "tune up" and paid $64.99, I would be able to get a replacement washer. Really? So the washer costs $65- in a round about way... I told the guy I would pay $10 for the item that probably costs a nickel and he said that they didn't have them for sale, but that it would be included in their "tune up" service... what greedy jerks!!! They have a lot to learn about customer service and the power of repeat business... of which they will not be getting from me over a piece that probably costs .05 cents...

• Oa
      30th of Apr, 2012

These idiots kept my Orockrs for three months, then they could not find them. After 5 months with no trace of glasses I filed a dispute with BBB, FTC, and CA. Protection Agency only to be told they where there all the time and that these are no longer serviced for being discontinued. I guess a kick in the ### would have been better gesture... Now I buy knockoffs that work and look as good... I am glad these knockoffs are stealing severe business away from Giant retailers that do not know the word courtesy...A--holes...

• Ni
      3rd of Jul, 2014

Oakleys - do not understand the meaning of customer 'care'. They design the frames so they do not last and cannot be repaired so you are forced to buy new sunglasses. There is poor 'customer service' - the most unhelpful brand/company I have every come across.

• Ta
      6th of Sep, 2014

I bought Oakley Taper for $200.00 and needed to get a replacement lenses. Oakley has been giving me the run-around for the last 4 months and keep saying that they do not sell the replacement lenses at this time. I will have to wait. It's been 4 months. What kind of customer service does Oakley have. When a customer needs a replacement lenses they will not sell it. So that my frame is useless.

• Mr
      4th of Nov, 2015

I agree whole heartedly with your gripe, I had exactly the same issue when trying to replace a set of lenses for my Oakley MADMAN (a new line) trying to emulate the 'old companies' one of a kind from the Mars line (which I still own ta pair of Mars and Juliet's). I was told by America "You do not live in America, we cannot help you please see the retailer for service issues because IF AND WHEN we produce new leases for this style it will be shown on our website". That would usually be all right but I'm an ex-pat Aussie living in Thailand, bought the MADMAN Sunglasses from EBay as it's the only way of acquiring as they are not sold outside the US. Same story from Australia, we are doing you the favour of replying to your query - what did you want again? Seems to be a different company and products to the one I knew from the 1990's period when Oakley cared for the clients and would go the extra mile to appease reasonable requests. But then I contacted India, I was sent back a very polite e-mail stating they would forward my request to Bangkok and was then contacted by Oakley in Thailand who again were very helpful and gave me all the details to assist me with my problem; phone number, name of the guy near where I live, everything that I'm use too. This is obviously a western mentality coming from ignorant females (in my case) telling me that I was wasting their time? Perplexing when it keeps them employed. This western mentality and excusability of 'not' doing for anyone/nobody (attitude adjustment required) is very poor service when we are the clients buying their products. I've spent thousands of dollars on Oakleys over the years; The trap is if no new lenses are in production or released you'll be forced into purchasing a new pair of sunglasses, pretty basic however as if they're not making replacement parts for these new released sunglasses when they're designed to be repairable. The choice is yours

• Ha
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Oakley - Sunglasses
    United Arab Emirates

Left lens is damaged, as if a thin membrane is peeling off. Hardly used. Kept in its original packaging purse all the time