NYCHA / broken elevator in cooper park houses (nycha)
I am writing this complaint on behalf of all the residents living in 295 jackson street, that are physically disabled (Like myself) , elderly, pregnant or otherwise unable to get out of their apartments. I am 23 years old, I have brittle disease and my only means of getting around is with the use of my wheelchair. I am at risk of losing my job because the elevator in my building is broken at least 2-3 times a week. I have made numerous calls to the management office, where am continuously insulted by the lack of regard for the situation. As I write this email I have been trapped in my apartment for two days. Luckily, at the moment I am not enrolled in my grad courses as of yet, but if I were I would probably flunk out of school because of this situation.
I am totally frustated and angry that every single tenant in my builiding has to deal with this regularly and nothing is being done about it. It is rumored that a part is missing from the elevator, and will continue to break until that part is replaced. I would think that after the 9 months that I have been living here that the problem would be taken care of. I am livid that I have to put so much energy into being able to live normally. But I will not let this problem go unresolved quietly. I will make as much noise as possible until they realize that this is serious and effecting people's lives.
Thank you all for listening.
— tamara m.
More NYCHA Complaints & Reviews
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - repair problems 
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - rude and unprofessional workers 
- NYCHA - Section 8 - non-answering of phones 
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - broken refrigerator 
- NYCHA Drew Hamilton Houses - excessive garbage 
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - landlord registration on file
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - kitchen sink overflows daily causing flooding
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - ignored repairs
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - management office 
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - building maintenance and steam leak in basement