NYCHA / insuffient in housing/documents

1 CORONA NY 5917 JUNCTION BLVD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-289-2400

My teen daughter left home cause nycha pressured my 20 yr old daughter doris williams to leave, all these pressures/stress they want a document stating doris was doing internship/volunteer work at next to home daycare in brooklyn on ocean ave. So they are threathening me to terminate my section 8 and nothintg I do satisfy them. I am out of money etc.

Comments

Yo
  3rd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

All winter long Samuel Gompers Houses would turn OFF the heat from 10pm until 5am the next morning. Tenants called the Centralized Call Center constantly complaining about no heat overnight. I had to sleep with my hat and sweater to bed and buy a heater!!! If I pay my rent I should have heat. Heat is included in the rent!!! I am disabled and got very sick because of this incident this year. I will not be in the hospital for NYCHA. They want you to pay rent but the services are very lousy!!!

Co
  26th of May, 2009

Imoved here five months ago i dont no that the house was up for forclosrue me and my two daughters have been living in this apt not noing it was up for sale i have been working and going to court ever month meaning taking days off for that in the mean time i have had sectino8 since 2002 and now me and my kids are basily homeless i have no idea what to do .the hole time there no heat no heat and hot water now section 8 is telling i have no program .staten island ny my name tasha conway

Ch
  28th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I live in Surfside gardens Coney island and the building is not maintained properly, graffiti, urine in the stairwell, lobby and elevator and also dog feces.My mom slipped and fell in the dirty lobby.All Nycha wants is the rent and not maintain the buildings and see to the tenants needs.

Yours truly