NYC Veterinary Specialists / Malpractice

1 410 West 55th Street New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 212 767 0099

I took my dog here after he hit his head rather hard. After spending countless hours, X-rays etc. I was informed by Lauren Stoltze (vet) that it was not an issue to take him home, she was not concerned at all and he should be fine.

4 hours later my dog and best friend died.

I proceeded to contact an attorney only for NYC Veterinary Specialists to send an email on behalf of Ms. Lauren Stoltze outlining that she highly recommended that he spent the night in ICU.

This was not the case. She assured us that there was no issue and was "very confident" that there will be no issue. This clearly was not the case and my family is devastated.

This is the only experience I have had with this vet and unfortunately the only one I know of open 24 hours in NYC. I highly suggest asking or demanding another specialist who will be honest with you.

More NYC Veterinary Specialists Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Gl
      28th of Nov, 2010

I know the owners of this little dog. They loved him so much. Unfortunately it was late, and they had to go to this vet without first reading all the complaints. Then Dr Stoltze had the audacity to lie to them the next day. What kind of a chop shop is this? Why isn't the Veterinary Board investigating them?

• Ms
      2nd of Feb, 2011

It is very important that you file a formal complaint with: Office of Professional Discipline, 163 West 125th Street, Room 819, New York, NY 10027. Tel: 212-961-4369 Fax: 212-961-4361 You may download a complaint form here: http://www.op.nysed.gov/opd/complain.htm

• Ms
      3rd of Feb, 2011

It is very important that you file a formal complaint with the investigative office: Office of Professional Discipline, 163 West 125th Street, Room 819, New York, NY 10027. Tel: 212-961-4369 Fax: 212-961-4361 You may download a complaint form here: http://www.op.nysed.gov/opd/complain.htm
    It is your legal right to obtain copies of all veterinary medical records including tests, labs, xrays, mri, ultrasound, etc. Obtain them immediately, for they are only required to keep for a certain time which varies on which State the veterinarians practice. You have a right to review original medical files as well to compare. Preserve all records and the necropsy report if one was done.