NYC SERENADE LESSEE, LLC / Fake Lottery Award

1 Farmingdale, NY, United States Review updated:

This scam has been posted previously - however we should always update any changes in the scam so that others who are searching can find out abou this scam. The above paragraph is the opening of a REGULAR mail letter I received. The letter goes on to ask me to call the claims/disburesment agent at [protected]. I calle d the number and told BOB that I was calling from the NYS Attorney Generals office.
He hung up.

The letter begins -
"This is to inform you of the official relase of the 2009 Nort American Sweestake Lottery held on Wednesday April 1st, 2009 in the 2nd category at Niagara Casino New York. A ticket with the serial numbers FS [protected] attched to your name drew the lucky winning number [protected]."

Please be sure to tell your elderly relatives and friends about this scam. Most seniors are not computer literate and will not be able to check this out online. Protect your families from getting scammed. An easy way to explain it is to let them know that a winning ticket would not be sent by regular mail. Also if you haven't purchased a lottery ticket you won't be getting winning notices.

I am attaching a scanned image of the letter I received.

NYC SERENADE LESSEE, LLC