NYC HANDYMAN / RIP OFF MONEY

1 130 CHURCH STREETNYC, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-3134770

I contacted this company for various projects in my apartment. The alleged owner, Christopher Purnell came to my apt. and explained his business model. In short, he charges for his estimates. As he explaines it "it seperates the wheat from the chaff" as far as serious customers are concerned. I should have known then this guy was trouble. Absurdely, i paid the $75 fee which was to be taken off the cost of the completed job if it was done by Chris Purnell. He was to contact me with a complete estimate and some computer generated layouts or ideas on improvements i had inquired about. All sounded great thus far LOL. A week past and i susupected i had been scammed since i had not heard back from Chris. A dozen phone calls later and i have given up. Complants are being filed. This guy is a scammer. This company also goes by the name of EZ FURNITURE ASSEMBLY.

Ca

Comments

• Fr
      7th of Sep, 2009

I have had great experience in nyc with Speedyfixit handyman. He's been honest, fair, on time, and fully capable. I highly recommend Speedyfixit for handyman work in nyc.

• Om
      2nd of Apr, 2011
    NYC HANDYMAN - Stay away from these crooks
    NYC Handyman

In short, he charges for his estimates. As he explains it “it separates the wheat from the chaff” as far as serious customers are concerned. I should have known then this guy was trouble. Absurdly, i paid the $75 fee which was to be taken off the cost of the completed job if it was done by Chris Purnell.

He was to contact me with a complete estimate and some computer generated layouts or ideas on improvements i had inquired about. All sounded great thus far LOL. A week past and i suspected i had been scammed since i had not heard back from Chris.

A dozen phone calls later and i have given up. Complaints are being filed. This guy is a scammer.

This company also goes by the name of Ez Furniture Assembly.

• So
      10th of Aug, 2011

I have had great experience as well in nyc with Dailyhandyman.com..they were both affordable and reliable..