NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION / NOT HELPING ME FOR DISABLED CONTINUED EDUCATION

1 1710 SEWARD AVENUEBronx, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 347-270-1068

TO, the head of department of education. That do not care about people will mental, wheelchair bound, etc. That we have a state or/and city, that help the disabled person, like have the benefit to help a person that needed some education or getting a G.E.D. I have plan ( still planning) to get some education, and the clinic of mental health. The social worker is not doing they job or not. The social is always be talking to person, or staff. Not helping me, or patients, of any help.

Comments

• Ps
      7th of Feb, 2009

On Friday February 6, 2009 my son was not served lucnch at PS 130 in Brooklyn, New York . Him and his Kindergarden class were taken into the Cafeteria and instead of sitting down to eat lunch they just sat down and watched a movie. My son told me this after i picked him up. Not just that but he told me that he wasn't even allowed to eat his snack at snack time. After 2 pm the kids usually get snack time to eat snacks that was sent by parents. His teacher told him that Peter the lunchroom guy didn't order any lunch. The rudest thing is that his teacher ate her lunch in front of the children. I was talking about this on my myspace page and my homegirl told me that her son said that this happens from time to time that the school doesn't serve lunch. what i find funny is that this school sends home a letter like everyday asking for something, either coat for the coat drive, or pennies for the poor and if they know that they didn't have lunch to serve the kids why didnt' they send a letter home saying to send your kids with lunch tomorrow. I have 2 questions to ask is this a new policy by the board of education to not serve lunch at public shcools and why couldn't they eat their snacks.

• Ti
      16th of May, 2012

On May 15, 2012 My son was put down verbally and physically by his Gym teacher during class. My son is disable in speech. He stated to me that the teacher said he was the worse child in Brooklyn Collaboartive studies and he willn't amount to nothing. The teacher followed him outside the class room and shoved him down the hall. Tell me what will you do.

• Lu
      15th of Apr, 2015

I am having difficulties with the superintendent an my children's school staff that there is no communication between staff and parent. The superintendent of district 14 has promised me meetings with the school and as of yet to date she hasn't fulfilled her obligations of her word. She is afraid of the principal of PS 257. As I tried numerous occasions to meet with the superintendent of district 14 she has not yet replied to my request. I am frustrated that I also complained to her that the principal at my kids school disrespected me by calling me names and she has no reprimanded the principal and taken action. So I am writing a complaint about this and want answers from the superintendent and school staff. So I already sent info about this to the chancellors office and haven't heard anything yet. So now that I am going for the board of CEC its a disrespect to me as a parent to not be a part of my child's education in this school that I have known for years since my oldest kids were there. So I hope this gets answered and get a point across and taken care of. Also my son has been yelled at by a teacher and I complaint to the vice principal about it and haven't heard any word of it as well. my name is Luz Jimenez and I am a parent from kids who goes to PS257. and I want the board of education to know about this and I am not afraid of exposing anyone from the school that I feel is doing wrong or myself as a parent that is concern with how this school has turned out and the attitude they have towards some parents who isn't afraid to get at them because they feel they can do what they want and not have no one say anything to them. anyone can comment or get back to me