NY Sports Club / Unbelievably rude service

50 Livingstone AvenueDobbs Ferry, NY, United States Review updated:

Since I was a guest of this club, the receptionist requested my drivers license. After my work out, I asked for it back, but he could not find it. The Manager gave me his card and told me to call back the next day in case it turned up. I called, but it was his day off. An employee RUDELY informed me that the club was no responsible for lost property. Since I was visiting from Boston, this loss was not only inconvient, but arranging alternative driving arrangements was expensive. I never received a simple apology.
Tr

Comments

Po
  1st of Jul, 2009
basically the same exact thing happened to me. I was working out as a guest and they took my driver's license. I actually forgot to take it on my way out. But, shortly after i realized i had left it there and returned. When i got back they couldnt find it. the girl at the front desk told me it might be in the managers office, but he wouldnt be in for 2 more days. I went back the next day and demanding they get into his office somehow to check...when they did they still coulding find it. It is totally unacceptable for them to ask for your property and then lose it. It has been a major inconvience for me considering it was a NJ driver's license and i am now living in NY. I was planning on exchanging my NJ licese for a NY one. Now, since i dont have an NJ license i have to travel out to NJ during the week to get an abstract of my driver's license so that i can get my NY license. I too DID NOT RECEIVE A SIMPLE APOLOGY. Ridiculous.
Ro
  5th of May, 2013

NY Sports Club - Disgusting facilities, disrepair and disarray
NY Sports Club
Dobbs Ferry
New York
Phone: 914.478.0944
mysportsclubs.com

The Dobbs Ferry NY Sports Club is the worst run club I have experienced in over 30 years of sports club membership, mostly at NY Sports Clubs. Management should all be replaced at once. The locker rooms are routinely strewn with garbage, toilet areas are filthy with frequent lack of toilet paper, frequent lack of hand towels and hand soap. Showers always have small flies on the walls and soap frequently runs out. Equipment remains broken often for months, despite numerous complaints to the staff. I personally have been asking for the rowing machines to be fixed for over three months--today, as I was rowing, a piece flew off the mechanism, hitting me in the eye. I have numerous photographs taken months apart, all showing the disgusting conditions at the club, some of which I have attached here. I have been told by the club staff than many others have also complained about all of these issues. They have done nothing to respond appropriately.