Ny & Co / Bad return policy & low quality clothes

I bought several items from NY & Co, and tried to return an item, and they had changed their policy to a 60 day policy - there was no sign in the store or any warning of this change, that I am aware of. It had been probably a few days over 60 days, but other retail stores typically give you 90 days to return items. They also had a little bit of an attitude about it.

I think the reason for the short return time is because of the low quality of the clothing - I realized after wearing one of the blouses that I bought from NY & Co that it was cheaply made and even had a stain on it (straight out of the bag I purchased it in), so it may not even last 90 days! I wrote a letter to customer service, and they did write me back, which I commend them for. But they did not budge on the policy. I will not be shopping there any more.

Ri

Comments

• Be
      17th of Dec, 2009

I recently got a cardigan and two pairs of dress pants from a NY& C store in Center city Philadelphia. There was a hole in the cardigan and in the dress pant the security tag was not removed. I went back the following day to get it fixed, while i was about to leave the security beeper went off. I stopped right there waiting for someone to respond. One of the store workers shouted "Hey! hold up, what do you have in your bag" and went through by belongings then found the other half of the security tag that had made the sound and then she said almost in a condescending tone "so, where did you get this", I dint know, what would i get out of stealing security tags jeeez! There is a way to go through with such a checking process. Clearly, that lady was unaware of it.
    Anyways the customer service was appauling. NY&C is supposedly a high fashion store where one would expect friendly customer treatment. I was extremely disappointed.