Nuvell Financial / Horrible tactics and customer service!

1 TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8173595664

I will walk before ever agreeing to Nuvell's terms again. When I purchased my vehicle I should have, stopped and said forget it. The Nuvell Financing managed to finance me on two vehicles. I had to have the dealer cancel the one. From there it only gets better. I lost my job and was under the impression that i was covered, but because of the protection plan offered through Nuvell. However, I was informed that I didn't have the protection and as soon as I was 10 days late it started. I eventually got 90 days behind but mailed (2) payments. Despite the 20 phone calls a day, A representative from Dallas, Left a message that I Stole his vehicle and even posted comments on my girlfriends my space... I mean seriously, if you have to go through this much B.S., to get financed, then maybe it's just not worth it. I would personally like to see a massive lawsuit against this poorly operated company for harassment and false presentations. After all, anyone who pays for the protection doesn't get it when times get bad. In fact the Nuvell Website is nothing but lies, the only time that company will ever thank you, is the day you screw up and sign with them. I was to the point of going to Dallas and meeting the telephone tough guy in person, because I was tired of the harassment. Stay the hell away from Nuvell...

Comments

• Na
      24th of Apr, 2008

Nuvell preys on the people whos credit is not great. They charge phenominal fees and when I refinanced in one day I called and recieved three different payoff quotes and only by bullying my way to a manager did I receive a quote that was not charging me 20 days of extra interest. This company commonly decieves the clients who are unlucky enough to be financed with them. I think they border on illegal practices with the tactics they employ and the fact that they try to charge for interest that they are not due.

• Le
      11th of Sep, 2008

Nuvell Financial Co sucks. I've had a car loan with them for six months now and every month I endure the same problem of them not being able to locate my account. Its terrible, when I call I get shuffled around to different people who have no idea about my account. Needless to say I chase them for days with no resolve and guess what they do? Charge me a DAM late fee. Here it is I'm chasing them to give them my payment on time and no one knows whos overseeing my account. Hell, I will never do business with Nuvell ever again nor will I recommend anyone else do business with them.

• Ke
      1st of Oct, 2008
    Nuvell Financial - over charging
    nuvell finanical
    Little Rock
    Arkansas
    Phone: 15018218479

i purached a chevy blazer in 2oo2 i didn, t have good credit at the time i had two kids one 15 and one 11so i needed a car so i purached this vehical through a dealer ship by the name of bill heard cheverolet wiich has since than close down my car payment is 557$ amonth you might notice i saide my car payment thats right i have paide a total of 40, 104 for this vehical and they say i still owe them 9785$this is a shame that this company is allowed to take advantage of people who has made mistakes in ther lives i pay my payments cause i dont want to get back in theshape i was in i could of bought two blazers for what this one is going to cost me this company should be investigated the phone calls the over payment the stealing i get so upset when i have to pay this car note because i am not a young kid i am a 45 year old man that has been taken advantage of so if some one can help me get through this email me thank .

• Zx
      6th of Oct, 2008

You were stupid to finance a new car.

I bet you said I want my payment to be less than X per month.

Save up the money and buy a used car with cash next time.

• Al
      21st of Jul, 2009

Nuvell is the worse company in the world. They are very harrassing and rude. They really don't have compassion for the financial situations of its customers. I hate this company and will try my best to get a finance company or to trade the car in just to get rid of Nuvell forever!!

• Gi
      19th of Jan, 2010

Totally agree with everyone. hey can NEVER seem to find my account so I can make a payment. Then when I had to re-register on the "brillant" website, I needed the correct account number because the account on the statement was too long of a number. I called but since it is my husband's account( who is deployed), I am not authorized to the information. I told the lady that if I am not on the account, then why do they call MY phone and ask for MY name? My name much be on that account somewhere. What a bunch of dumb a**es. I can not believe they are still in business.

• Cr
      17th of Feb, 2010
    Nuvell Financial - Auto Loan
    Nuvell Financial

I have to agree with the gentleman about Nuvell. I too received an auto loan which I should not have been approved for. I have lost my job and cannot make the outstanding monthly payments. I have called and tried to work with them about modifying my loan. they refuse to work with me. I am at the point where I want them to come and take the car. It's ashame people didn't have crystal balls to see how we were taken advantage of. I was desperate and needed a car and they played on it. Some car dealers are responsible too as they know what the outcome is.
    What a shame that the US is in such financial turmoil and these greedy companies won't help.

• My
      2nd of Apr, 2010

wow! i cannot believe that you all assume that becuase you had hardship, a finance company can just allow you to not pay what you owe. WTF? Let me see you tell your landlord or mortage company, i lost my job and see if they allow you to stay there 90 days for free. oh by the way, for the guy who is 90 days past due, what an idot if you dont thing they will do whatever it takes to locate you and that collateral, its not yours, and why do you have access to myspace if you cant afford the vehhicle you drive everyday?? They only make every attempt to contact you by whatever means ness. if you are a looser and dont call them first. HA not the brightest bulb on the string i see.
    -the rep who messaged your girl to attempt to get you to call us back

• Re
      13th of May, 2010

It sickens me to read about all the people who have been mistreated by Nuvell. However, I am not surprised.They are crooks who apparently don't know how to do their jobs in a professional manner. Any company that has to lie is a company better left alone.I hope they are sued or are forced to close down. Nothing would please me more than to see them go through the hell they've put others through.

• Aw
      13th of Sep, 2010
    Nuvell Financial - Overcharging, False Loan Contract
    Nuvell Financial
    Arkansas
    nuvellcustomercare.com

My husband and I got a car loan through them in 11/2004. We got to looking at our online payment history and past statements this weekend as we are planning to either refinance our car or else pay it off because of unforseen circumstnces that have made it hard for us to keep paying on this loan that nevr seems to end. As we got to looking at everything and I went and pulled out the loan contract we signed at the dealershp we realized that what we have paid in the last 5 and 9 months is only 1500 dollars less than what the total of all payments are supposed to be. So I called Nuvell today and tried to get some informatin about why we are being told our standing balance is 4800 dollars plus some more for fiance fees and other hidden costs. And also why we are getting charged over 35oo dollars more than original contract. The lady I proceeded to talk to kept telling me that it states in our contract that whenever we are late we get charged a late fee of after 15 days plus $2.35 in fees for everyday we are late. She also tried to tell us that our loan contract was for 66 months not 60 and that our interest rate on our contract is different than what they supposedly have on their copy of the contract. My husband's boss's accountant then tried to call them and get a pay off amount and Nuvell is refusing to give them or us a payoff amount.

• J7
      7th of Oct, 2010

I hate NUvell... I have a car loan thru them and its current and I still have the truck in my possession. However, on my credit report they have the entire loan under the defaulted negative side. Which makes me look as though IM paying on a defaulted loan. Is this even legal??? I had no idea... until I checked my credit and seen that its showing as a negative account vs a good standing account.

What Can I do to get this changed... IVe contacted them and get the run around. Did'nt they get bought out by GMAC??????

14th of Feb, 2011

nuvell did me the same way i sign up with nuvell only to find out if i wanted to pay my payment online i had to pay some other compay jsut to take my payment which was an extra fee on top of my payment i will never do business with them again

• Wi
      4th of Apr, 2011
    Nuvell Financial - HARRASING PHONE CALLS. BAD BUSINESS ETHICS
    NUVELL FINANCIAL
    Burlington
    North Carolina

WE HAVE AN AUTO ACCOUNT WITH NUVELL. THIS WILL BE THE LAST YEAR WE WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM THANK GOD. IF YOU GET BEHIND ON A PAYMENT THEY CONSTANTLY CALL YOU 10 TIMES A DAY. IT STARTS AT 8AM UNTIL 7PM. I HAVE TALKED TO A CUSTOMER REP AND EXPLAINED WHEN THEY CAN EXPECT MY PAYMENT. I BET IN THE NEXT 4 HRS ANOTHER REP WILL CALL. IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF. I ASK THEM DID THEY NOT READ THE NOTES FROM THE LAST REP I TALKED TO. IF YOU DONT TALK TO THEM THEY BLOW YOUR PHONE UP. WHEN YOU MAKE A PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT WITH THEM THEY STILL CALL EVERY 3 DAYS ALL DAY LONG. I BET I NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN...GOOD LUCK PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO DEAL WITH NUVELL