Nuvell Financial Services / Harassment, lies, threatening and more!

1 United States

The company is doing the same to us as we have read on many complaint boards. We have been with them for almost 3 years now and we are 31 days late on our account due to a layoff and my son's heart condition. We got a new rep this month. The old rep was wonderful to work with if he had to call, which he did due to the hurricanes we had and a sinkhole under the home. Now the new rep and his manager are threatening to take the truck by the end of the month unless we get them the past due amount in 7 days. (total days will be at 38 days past payment due date) The manager I was transfered to would not give me her last name nor transfer me to another manager when I asked, nor would they let me speak with the old rep who said I could transfer back to him if they started giving me a problem for such a short time of being late on the payment and trying to work a deal, I informed them that I could make 2 payments within 30 days, but could not make the one in 7 days. (This was ok'd by our old rep on day 30) The manager said they would garnish wages, or 1099, but they would get the money for the truck. I told her I could make 2 payments within 15-30 days, but not the one they wanted in the 7 days due to the payment schedule that unemployment had me on. She asked where the truck was. She was VERY careful not to use the word repossess, just stated things would be taken care of. She told me how she worked 2 jobs to support her mom who had cancer all while taking care of her 2 year old son, so I could and should not say anything about my situation, I needed to not pay a electric bill, mortgage or something and pay them. I re-enforced my son's heart issue and she was very rude repeating the above.

STAY CLEAR! Even though we have an extension left, they will not let us use it. And YES, they call 15+ times a day, from 8 am - 9pm (all legal there), but they call all numbers listed, neighbors who are not, etc. They do not leave messages or numbers on their calls until almost 30 days, sometimes past that. The new rep we had, on the 18th and 20th of this month, finally left messages saying he had repeatedly attempted to contact, action would be taken that would be detrimental, etc. That is when I contacted my old rep and was told that prior to 30 days, phone calls like that are not acceptable and that those calls are for 60-120 day people, not at all before we were 30 days late. No wonder he is leaving the company. He has people skills and tries to help. He said as long as we made to 2 payments in August, it would be fine, now what he stated is overruled.

VERY unprofessional, rude and we would never go with them again, and will warn anyone we can about this company. Almost feel like giving them the truck, but life has made your credit more important and frankly at the rates they charge at finance and the approx. $5 a day late fees for every day past your due date, what you owe them is not what the vehicle is worth so they said they would get that from us too.

Please stay clear or pray you never go late on a payment do to any act of god or nature!